'21 Generation 7 Car news

lol I wonder why Nascar restricted wind tunnel time, I guess with that type of thinking less is more.
Yeah given enough time you should achieve more gains, but time spent in the wind tunnel isn't a linear relationship to aero gains. You might try one thing in the 1st hour that give you more gains than everything you did in the other 9 hours.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Yeah given enough time you should achieve more gains, but time spent in the wind tunnel isn't a linear relationship to aero gains. You might try one thing in the 1st hour that give you more gains than everything you did in the other 9 hours.

What you just said is that more wind tunnel time the better. Yeah I agree. Losing 10 hours of it isn't an advantage when you are trying to squeeze out every bit of aero advantage you can.

What you just said is that more wind tunnel time the better. Yeah I agree. Losing 10 hours of it isn't an advantage when you are trying to squeeze out every bit of aero advantage you can.
But in theory if you were trying something, saw gains in an area and needed one more run to put a couple things together and being able to prove putting those things together is the right combo. Now having that knowledge could be priceless. Getting the gains this year is far more valuable than having to wait til next year to test it.

It's just a matter of deciding do you want an advantage now and sacrifice testing time next year? But having the gains this year may bring in extra cash that you can put into the team next year.

I don't think Rev could stand having another year of the Camaro
I liked the first one. I'd say it was designed by an eighth grader, but I have too much respect for eighth graders.

But in theory if you were trying something, saw gains in an area and needed one more run to put a couple things together and being able to prove putting those things together is the right combo. Now having that knowledge could be priceless. Getting the gains this year is far more valuable than having to wait til next year to test it.

It's just a matter of deciding do you want an advantage now and sacrifice testing time next year? But having the gains this year may bring in extra cash that you can put into the team next year.

yeah I'd baffle then with B.S. lol Wind tunnel testing time is allotted on an year by year basis. It doesn't roll over, use it of lose it OR in this case get it taken away

I don't think Rev could stand having another year of the Camaro

Rev is probably with a therapist right now that's telling him, "The 2021 Camaro isn't real, it can't hurt you".

yeah PTSD is a hell of a thing. I think they have a diagnosis...Camaroitis

And the only cure is MORE TRD TOYOTA BABY, WOOOOO!

You forgot MY, he thinks they are his

Add that one below "banter" on the list of words with "alternative meanings".

Not accepting one of the competing manufacturers, that represents a solid portion of the competitive cars in the field, effectively is complaining about the racing. He's basically saying that all Chevy results in the past year are invalid. To me that's taking a pretty big swipe at the racing.
Would you just look at all of these posts about little ol' me? No @? Send a pizza up....I'm up here in your head, and the rent is free.

Can you explain what you mean by this?
I have likened it to when a fan of a football team, for example, refers to his team as "we." I did it long ago in reference to MY Toyota, and a poster had puppies. So, I decided to keep the reference because that is the dumbest ass thing to get upset about I have ever seen. Public service....trying to desensitize the poster....and now it's just habit. Wouldn't want anybody to consider it trolling or anything.

I've always found it hilarious that in Xfinity they have a mess with a toyota name on it, blown up and stretched to make the field, not even designed or manufactured wholly by toyota and then in cup they show up with with a four door morphed into a two door and slap a name on it that nobody can buy. And SOME people are bitching about a Camaro? lol They should be glad Nascar is so open minded that they can run at all. What's next a Prius? :dunce:

I've always found it hilarious that in Xfinity they have a mess with a toyota name on it, blown up and stretched to make the field, not even designed or manufactured wholly by toyota and then in cup they show up with with a four door morphed into a two door and slap a name on it that nobody can buy. And SOME people are bitching about a Camaro? lol They should be glad Nascar is so open minded that they can run at all. What's next a Prius? :dunce:
Are you aware that the Camaro nor the Camry actually has doors in NASCAR? No headlights either. I know this is a shock. I am here if you need me.

As much as I would like to poke fun at Toyota for this, and as much as I have always liked to poke fun at Ford for having the first sedan in NASCAR with that hideous jellybean Taurus, I feel like I have no room to talk smack since GM was the first to introduce a front-wheel-drive V6 as their NASCAR entry. As much as I absolutely LOVE the look of the 90's Lumina/Regal/Cutlass/Grand Prix stock cars, something about throwing stones and glass houses and all that.

I have likened it to when a fan of a football team, for example, refers to his team as "we." I did it long ago in reference to MY Toyota, and a poster had puppies. So, I decided to keep the reference because that is the dumbest ass thing to get upset about I have ever seen. Public service....trying to desensitize the poster....and now it's just habit. Wouldn't want anybody to consider it trolling or anything.
I cannot stand when people do this. Just because you watch a football team from your living room doesn't mean you contributed or are somehow a part of that team. You're a fan of the team, you aren't THE team.

I cannot stand when people do this. Just because you watch a football team from your living room doesn't mean you contributed or are somehow a part of that team. You're a fan of the team, you aren't THE team.
Big deal. So somebody feels so passionately about a team that he/she feels like their will contributes to victory. Is that really so bad? In Seattle, the Seahawks have the 12's for this very kind of feeling. To each his own. Geez.

As much as I would like to poke fun at Toyota for this, and as much as I have always liked to poke fun at Ford for having the first sedan in NASCAR with that hideous jellybean Taurus, I feel like I have no room to talk smack since GM was the first to introduce a front-wheel-drive V6 as their NASCAR entry. As much as I absolutely LOVE the look of the 90's Lumina/Regal/Cutlass/Grand Prix stock cars, something about throwing stones and glass houses and all that.
Remember. The narrative. Don't screw with the narrative. Shhhhhhhhh.

Big deal. So somebody feels so passionately about a team that he/she feels like their will contributes to victory. Is that really so bad? In Seattle, the Seahawks have the 12's for this very kind of feeling. To each his own. Geez.
Never have bought that line. WE, what do you mean we, you got a mouse in your pocket? :biggrin:

Never have bought that line. WE, what do you mean we, you got a mouse in your pocket? :biggrin:
Might have been you who lost his **** when I said it the first time. Can't remember....all of you babble starts to sound the same after awhile. ;)

I'd be willing to bet that there is more than one of each clip in Anaheim.
NASCAR is "letting them" run the 1st gen stuff that didn't give the crash results they wanted. NASCAR bought'em, might as well use them. How fast can they be going on 1/4 mile track? A stuck throttle could get ugly. 110 MPH+ into a wall hurts. Remember New Hampshire?

Edit: I put let them in quotes because I'd bet they were heavily suggested they be used. Why kill the good stuff? FREE FRONT CLIPS FOR EVERYONE!

2 doors ?? 4 doors ?? sh!t, are they putting doors on the Gen 7 ??
News flash, the are no manufacturers cars being raced.

I NEVER said it was Cohen who write I feel Pretty. It was a subtle suggestion that you watch anger management or West Side Story you little tight pants bitch.
I saw WSS three times just in December alone. Twice on TCM, once in the theater. I haven't seen the new one yet.

Was listening to the CC for the #7 yesterday on Sirius. They didn't didn't take a car to the last test, but went out to observe. He said some teams were having brake issues at the Phoenix test. That was the first I heard about that. Actually sounded like an issue getting enough heat in them

Back
Top Bottom