'21 Generation 7 Car news

I'd like to see how this one plays out.

One side they're already out of playoffs so why not?

I just hope this one is legitimate not like the #6 one where they were allowed to fix a part and just didn't fix it the way nascar liked. If that's the case you're just setting up teams

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

My interpretation of these two cryptic remarks is that Harvick and Childers are saying... it's awfully fishy that Nascar just happens to discover the 4 car is illegal, and hammers them with an L2 penalty, just a day or two after Harvick makes blunt comments about the Next Gen safety and Nascar's limp response. They are claiming to be persecuted for Harvick's remarks.

*If* my interpretation is correct, that's a cheap shot that plays to the propensity to believe unsupported conspiracy theories among many Nascar fans. It's shameful and unforgivable... unless I miss their point entirely.

My interpretation of these two cryptic remarks is that Harvick and Childers are saying... it's awfully fishy that Nascar just happens to discover the 4 car is illegal, and hammers them with an L2 penalty, just a day or two after Harvick makes blunt comments about the Next Gen safety and Nascar's limp response. They are claiming to be persecuted for Harvick's remarks.

*If* my interpretation is correct, that's a cheap shot that plays to the propensity to believe unsupported conspiracy theories among many Nascar fans. It's shameful and unforgivable... unless I miss their point entirely.

You didn’t miss it. A friend of mine posted this ... made me laugh.

Man the more I think about this no matter what it hurts the PR of Nascar. At this point even if they were cheating it doesn't even seem to matter to the public opinion. I mean you have drivers getting hurt, drivers speaking out about the new car, then someone that talks bad about leadership gets "randomly" selected for post race tech and gets a huge fine. IMO just a bad look all the way around.....

Man the more I think about this no matter what it hurts the PR of Nascar. At this point even if they were cheating it doesn't even seem to matter to the public opinion. I mean you have drivers getting hurt, drivers speaking out about the new car, then someone that talks bad about leadership gets "randomly" selected for post race tech and gets a huge fine. IMO just a bad look all the way around.....
You’d rather the infraction was ignored?

You eat this stuff up.

You’d rather the infraction was ignored?

You eat this stuff up.
No I get it you have to maintain the rules but given everything that's happened lately it sure isn't helping them on the PR side.

Who knows maybe Rodney made another special spoiler and was way out there beyond the box. Either way this is not what they needed after last week.

You’re close to it.
Who knows? Broad statements like "a modified rear deck lid" really mean nothing to me. Until they actually tell us what was illegal about it we're all just making assumptions. Was there bondo in it? Did they borrow some tape from JGR? Did they just say screw it and make their own?

Who knows? Broad statements like "a modified rear deck lid" really mean nothing to me. Until they actually tell us what was illegal about it we're all just making assumptions. Was there bondo in it? Did they borrow some tape from JGR? Did they just say screw it and make their own?

I meant close as in deck lid / spoiler.

We’ll get an explanation after the appeal process is over. I can wait.

C'mon man, you're better than that. You're smarter than that. Your reaction is exactly what Harvick and Childers are trying to promote with those tweets... implying *they* are the victims of some sinister Nascar retaliation plot rather than the perpetrators of illegal modifications. They are pandering to conspiracy theorists in the fan base... trying to use misdirection and disinformation to deflect attention away from the actual infraction.

I'm not surprised by Harvick. He's always been a two-faced hypocrite that will say (or do) anything that serves his purpose. I am surprised by Childers... a guy that I thought had more integrity than I'm seeing right now. Rodney should STFU and take his medicine like the Hall Of Fame-bound racer he is.

I am surprised by Childers... a guy that I thought had more integrity than I'm seeing right now.
Are you serious? He manufactured a spoiler complete with a fake NASCAR impression....Historically, I am not sure what the rules of engagement were--I am not a crew chief.....Having said that, I think they are pretty clear now. There are rules, and then there are unwritten rules. I think the difference is closer now. I don't think what he does is an indictment on who he is. He seems to be a good dude, father, and husband...but Rodney isn't above working in the dark, smokey back alley in the garage--to your point, he has proven that.

This car has major safety issues. I mean what happened to Kurt Busch after what looked like a minor accident should have been a wakeup call.

I fear we may see another tragedy like what happened to Dale Earnhardt 20 years ago before NASCAR fixes it.

Major fear-mongering going on here.

And ... Earnhardt wouldn’t have died of a basilar skull fracture if he had been using the now mandatory HANS device, which he refused to do.

This car has major safety issues. I mean what happened to Kurt Busch after what looked like a minor accident should have been a wakeup call.

I fear we may see another tragedy like what happened to Dale Earnhardt 20 years ago before NASCAR fixes it.
I'll not be convinced that 36 drivers DIDN'T race at 85% at Talladega. As I suggested, they had a meeting. Said, let's do our best to survive this week and go back to racing, as best we can, rest of season.

How many concussions would it take for the NASCAR faithful to be convinced there is a problem?

What changed? Seats-same. Helmets-same. Walls-same.

Car? Radically different. I was told multiple times in this thread, ALL NEW TECHNOLOGY! NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE! Maybe that wasn't such a great idea?

Major fear-mongering going on here.

And ... Earnhardt wouldn’t have died of a basilar skull fracture if he had been using the now mandatory HANS device, which he refused to do.
You don't know that. His stupid belt mounting is more likely what killed him. His head contacted something in the car when the remaining belts yanked him back in the seat. Helmet was rotated forward exposing rear of skull. You ever looked at autopsy report?

I'm sure you'll disagree as you always do.

I was told multiple times in this thread, ALL NEW TECHNOLOGY! NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE!
This is one of your favorite go-to lines.

In my memory, no-one has ever said that to you in this or any other thread. Perhaps you wouldn’t mind investing a little bit of your valuable time looking for an example among the multiple examples you claim exist. One will be sufficient.

You don't know that. His stupid belt mounting is more likely what killed him. His head contacted something in the car when the remaining belts yanked him back in the seat. Helmet was rotated forward exposing rear of skull. You ever looked at autopsy report?

I'm sure you'll disagree as you always do.
It isn’t a question of my agreement or disagreement. A basilar skull fracture is not survivable.

“Earnhardt died of a basilar skull ring fracture, the same injury that had killed three other NASCAR drivers – Adam Petty, Kenny Irwin and Tony Roper – over the previous eight months. Johns Hopkins Medicine describes this injury as “the most serious type of skull fracture, and involves a break in the bone at the base of the skull”. It often leads to major bleeding in that area. Other racing drivers to be killed by a similar injury were Roland Ratzenberger (F1), Blaine Johnson (NHRA drag racing), Blaise Alexander (ARCA stock cars) and Gonzalo Rodriguez (IndyCar).”

As I suggested, they had a meeting
Can you present any evidence this actually happened? Why is it so difficult to accept they raced as usual, instead of needing to believe in a driver conspiracy theory?

Frankly, if that's what they did before Talladega, I wish they'd do it before every plate race from here on out.

Was pretty shocked while listening to a Jerry Freeze interview in which he said that the chassis that Todd finished 4th with at Indy road course has to be scraped. Guess one of the rub blocks bottomed out on a curb and bent the center section of the car.

Pretty odd that a car with virtually no cosmetic damage and finished 4th had to be completely junked.

Does make a guy wonder how well this car would do if it got on its side and hit

Back
Top Bottom