'21 Generation 7 Car news

Don't think your theory plays out. Your jackass, and MY Champion, Kyle Busch is second in Most Popular Driver votes. As for aging out....every driver experiences a popularity decline because the winning stops....and we are back to winning and losing. A losing driver who is popular with the fans draws fans who are there for the beer. Yet, Gluck asks them to vote too.

They didn't show the gaps between 1st and 2nd places etc. :p and a guy who has never won a race won third place.There are those fans who think winning is everything and there are those who like a driver no matter where he places. Different strokes. Trying to disrespect one side or the other proves a point.

They didn't show the gaps between 1st and 2nd places etc. :p and a guy who has never won a race won third place.There are those fans who think winning is everything and there are those who like a driver no matter where he places. Different strokes. Trying to disrespect one side or the other proves a point.

Eh....nothing wrong with being there for the beer.....just don't chime in when we talk about the racing. Nothing disrespectful about that.

Which IMO means quite a few of the drivers will have to learn how to drive and find the line.

One already knows how. That's why he bitched about the package all year, and then stuck it to NASCAR by winning the Championship.

One already knows how. That's why he bitched about the package all year, and then stuck it to NASCAR by winning the Championship.
I agree that Kyle has mastered various models of he cars he has had to race. The one thing in common with all the cars ( beginning with the twisted sister) is that they were all tuned to make left turns (not discussing Road course cars).
If the new car has "no side force" this will be a completely different beast altogether and there will be a steep learning curve for "most drivers".
While they are learning, many good cars are going to be taken out accidentally.

Does this mean that when the new rules / cars kick in every second oval track race will be run in the clockwise direction?

I agree that Kyle has mastered various models of he cars he has had to race. The one thing in common with all the cars ( beginning with the twisted sister) is that they were all tuned to make left turns (not discussing Road course cars).
If the new car has "no side force" this will be a completely different beast altogether and there will be a steep learning curve for "most drivers".

They lean on the right side and raise hell if somebody tries to pass them on the high side. A lot of that should be lessened I'm guessing. They have IRS and they can adjust the rear camber for more mechanical grip. Larger tires for more grip also. The car won't be self straightening when out of shape like they are now. The gerbils, ever trying by hook or crook to make a big deal out of it whenever a car so much as wobbled was B.S. You could tell by watching the car when they stepped out was straightening out on it's own . I think we are going to see some real saves when the next gen shows up.

Which IMO means quite a few of the drivers will have to learn how to drive and find the line.
Doesn't mean much if the tires are as hard as a rock. Until a tire is raced with real fall off, a good bunch of this car is useless.

the car is a long way from useless.They have been racing with Rocks for years, I don't see anything different unless Goodyear makes a mistake. Both Logano and Jones said the car isn't as forgiving when it gets out of shape, and I would bet it had hard tires on it. I've given up hope of softer tires a long time ago.

I've given up hope of softer tires a long time ago.
I think part of this hard tire is "cost saving" for the smaller teams. Sure HMS could burn through 20 sets of tires on all 4 cars BUT not long ago some teams were pulling off the track early to have tires for qualifying next week. Besides it saves Goodyear a ton of money.

How does it save Goodyear money? I'm sure they're at least breaking even on the racing tires business, and I suspect they making some degree of profit.
I don't think the profit exceeds the effort. It is all advertising for them but must be a pain in the azz to actually make those tires.

Teams cannot exceed the number of tires per race rule. Neither do they take anything unused anywhere except back to the Goodyear trailers at the end of the weekend.

Tire compound has no effect on cost.

He will get there quickly. He always does. Couldn't figure out how to drive last year's package, and you saw how that ended.....and began for that matter.

Teams cannot exceed the number of tires per race rule. Neither do they take anything unused anywhere except back to the Goodyear trailers at the end of the weekend.

Tire compound has no effect on cost.

Does Goodyear re-use the unused tires that get returned to them though?

I think most of us know that teams do not buy tires. They lease them for each specific event and pay only for what they use. Cars go back in the hauler on the old stuff they arrived on.

That's how NASCAR is able to control illegal, clandestine testing of any kind. There's no point to it if you don't have current tires.

Hmmm, I thought they sent all those unused tires to poor countries in Asia and Africa -- like the 2018 Kyle Busch Cup Champion T-Shirts.

I think most of us know that teams do not buy tires. They lease them for each specific event and pay only for what they use. Cars go back in the hauler on the old stuff they arrived on.

That's how NASCAR is able to control illegal, clandestine testing of any kind. There's no point to it if you don't have current tires.

I would have guessed Goodyear would benefit more on a harder tire if they re-used, but it sounds like they would make more money off a softer tire getting used up more sets on a lease. Never really thought about that one much.

Well the cars lose .9 a lap after a brush in the front corner of the car with another.. but hey, Atleast the bodies are symmetrical.
kovjwz4680d41.jpg

Back
Top Bottom