'21 Generation 7 Car news

wider tires are going to make a big difference also, related are composite bodies that are way more forgiving if they go over the line. Hell start running them NOW :biggrin:
so they can rub each other and have the panels deform?

Will Xfinity and trucks have their own nextgen?

What are you hoping for and what are you expecting?
Was hoping to be surprised by varying green houses and wheelwells. Thats where a lot of the individual identity of the cars can be found. Alas, we pretty much got what was expected with NASCAR. The bodies are identical from the a-pillar back and just the nose design varies a little. If you put them beside their dealership counterpart, the dissimilarities really stick out. I was hoping they would be more similiar, especially with the “return to stock” promotions.

5926D10A-B22D-4142-A771-E0F4A89CB325.jpeg

Where the most change is at is under the body and I’m curious to see how it performs on track in a racing situation.

Hmmm Logano just said on race hub that the next gen Mustang was sitting next to a showroom stock Mustang and he said they were almost identical.

Hmmm Logano just said on race hub that the next gen Mustang was sitting next to a showroom stock Mustang and he said they were almost identical.
You need to look up what a celebrity endorsement is. The driver they picked to represent Ford isn’t going to come out and say “Yeah it looks like what a GT500 would look like if it had a wide body kit but it’s still great!”

They are similar and there are enough details to point it out as a Mustang, but they are far from identical.

wdmp_210419_03384.jpg

You need to look up what a celebrity endorsement is. The driver they picked to represent Ford isn’t going to come out and say “Yeah it looks like what a GT500 would look like if it had a wide body kit but it’s still great!”

They are similar and there are enough details to point it out as a Mustang, but they are far from identical.

wdmp_210419_03384.jpg
yeah I am sure your the expert.lol

yeah I am sure your the expert.lol
I didn’t say I was? It’s just an opinion, last I checked, those were still allowed here. I’m sorry it doesn’t align with your own.

I think as a race car, they look fantastic and hope they race well. As a showroom counterpart? Meh.

I didn’t say I was? It’s just an opinion, last I checked, those were still allowed here. I’m sorry it doesn’t align with your own.
aparently you are the one who has a problem with what Logano said not me. You haven't seen the car in person and he has

aparently you are the one who has a problem with what Logano said not me. You haven't seen the car in person and he has
Nobody can have an opinion on something they havent seen in person and we absolutely must agree with statements made by paid celebrity endorsers.

200.gif

I hope they race much better than the current car. They’ve put a lot of work into improving the product. :)

Nobody can have an opinion on something they havent seen in person and we absolutely must agree with statements made by paid celebrity endorsers.

200.gif

I hope they race much better than the current car. They’ve put a lot of work into improving the product. :)
like I said I'm not the one who had a problem with what Logano said. you were the one who had a problem with it...it's not time to play the victim

The most carbon fiber on the current car is in the seat, engine components and ducts. Atleast since 2019 Cup cars have been running carbon fiber mixed with kevlar in the hoods, deck lids and other smaller sections of the body to prevent shattering or splintering of materials in wrecks.

The next gen car has a full composite material, which includes carbon fiber, body.

so they can rub each other and have the panels deform?

Will Xfinity and trucks have their own nextgen?

It would be interesting to see the Trucks get the Trans-Axel and the IRS.

wdmp_210419_03384.jpg

Hey, as long as you can tell what the make and model is when the car is at speed, then I'm happy.

Im interested in seeing it draft. AFAIK, They have not done any testing in the draft
lot of questions about that. They have talked about how the car has been designed to create less turbulence for the car behind with the different greenhouse and the finned diffuser they added under the car. But I haven't read or heard anything about how they will race in a pack. :idunno:

I wonder if the cup cars will have the honeycomb pattern and sensors on the body to discourage creative modifying. I bet they will have something
I imagine they will. Personally I think it's kinda a moot point if using the scanners. I don't know what scanners nascar is using, but the ones we use at work its pretty easy to see if something has been modified from original design

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Can you even modify a composite body? Those things are pretty sturdy.

'magine its harder for the jackman to pull out a skirt or whatnot tho
It's IMO one of the best things that could happen to the sport. It looks on the surface that Nascar has closed quite a few expensive aero loopholes that will really help the smaller teams. Time will tell. I figure the big dogs are going to out engine the smaller teams but still a good driver can make some of that up for a decent finish

It's IMO one of the best things that could happen to the sport. It looks on the surface that Nascar has closed quite a few expensive aero loopholes that will really help the smaller teams. Time will tell. I figure the big dogs are going to out engine the smaller teams but still a good driver can make some of that up for a decent finish
It just pushes teams further into the details like how the Toyota guys were doing something aero with the position of the side mirrors and nascar didn't like it. 10 years ago no one cared how the mirror changed the aero

It just pushes teams further into the details like how the Toyota guys were doing something aero with the position of the side mirrors and nascar didn't like it. 10 years ago no one cared how the mirror changed the aero

they got Stewart Haas for wheel wells..and look what that has done. Little things matter at 200 MPH. I think an areo change compared to an equal motor change it takes twice as much HP to equal a sleight aero change.

rehab sucks :laugh:
My Darling Bride busted her sweet ass rehab'ing her elbow about 15 years ago. I'd get home from work and she'd be stretching bands and squeezing tennis balls, sweat running off her. Worth it though; that elbow is indistinguishable from the undamaged one.

She'd agree, it sucks, even if her therapist was a stud. Good luck with it.

Back
Top Bottom