'21 Generation 7 Car news

My Darling Bride busted her sweet ass rehab'ing her elbow about 15 years ago. I'd get home from work and she'd be stretching bands and squeezing tennis balls, sweat running off her. Worth it though; that elbow is indistinguishable from the undamaged one.

She'd agree, it sucks, even if her therapist was a stud. Good luck with it.
I had to do one of those on my heel back when I worked for a living. This isn't that bad, a lot of walking. The kind of exercise I like is cutting wood, brushogging, limbing etc and I can't do any of that right now and the grass is a foot high grr.

My Darling Bride busted her sweet ass rehab'ing her elbow about 15 years ago. I'd get home from work and she'd be stretching bands and squeezing tennis balls, sweat running off her. Worth it though; that elbow is indistinguishable from the undamaged one.

She'd agree, it sucks, even if her therapist was a stud. Good luck with it.
Broke both legs on a motorcycle back in October and still in rehab. It has straight up sucked

Thank you!
Crappy pic, they look like boxes, but they are fins if you look hard enough

1620259992711.png

So far they're racing really good on iRacing.com. Dale Earnhardt has the lead, but he isn't running away with it. Bell and Byron are keeping right on him.

Was hoping to be surprised by varying green houses and wheelwells. Thats where a lot of the individual identity of the cars can be found. Alas, we pretty much got what was expected with NASCAR. The bodies are identical from the a-pillar back and just the nose design varies a little. If you put them beside their dealership counterpart, the dissimilarities really stick out. I was hoping they would be more similiar, especially with the “return to stock” promotions.

View attachment 55243

Where the most change is at is under the body and I’m curious to see how it performs on track in a racing situation.
You're missing some of the details. The body lines on the doors, the quarter panel creases, and even some character lines toward the rear corners before the bumper are unique to each car. They are not identical from the B pillar back.

You're missing some of the details. The body lines on the doors, the quarter panel creases, and even some character lines toward the rear corners before the bumper are unique to each car. They are not identical from the B pillar back.
Some are going to swear and be dammed that the cars don't resemble showroom stock cars no matter what. But I think more will think they look really close

1620262265531.png
1620262541406.png

I hope you’re right.

So far they're racing really good on iRacing.com. Dale Earnhardt has the lead, but he isn't running away with it. Bell and Byron are keeping right on him.
If you’re interested, the next gen skins are available for purchase.

If you’re interested, the next gen skins are available for purchase.

I don't think these are reskinned Gen6 cars. I honestly believe these are NextGen models and data. iRacing has been working closely with NASCAR for a long time now. So it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

I don't think these are reskinned Gen6 cars. I honestly believe these are NextGen models and data. iRacing has been working closely with NASCAR for a long time now. So it's not out of the realm of possibilities.
I guess anything is possible I just find it hard to believe that getting the new car data to Iracing was a top priority when developing the new car

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If Nascar shared testing data with them who knows. The way they were spinning at first isn't normal. This new car has less downforce. It looks like to me they do have something different to work with.

If Nascar shared testing data with them who knows. The way they were spinning at first isn't normal. This new car has less downforce. It looks like to me they do have something different to work with.
maybe Iracing helped develop the new car?

Love how close the top 4 are running, this is what's been missing with the Gen6 car.

maybe Iracing helped develop the new car?
iRacing is focused on simulating several different motorsports brands for video a game, not just NASCAR. If NASCAR and iRacing are collabing, it’s to get data for a general idea on how to race certain tracks without actually figuring the logistics to be at that track or to send data to teams for their own higher tech simulators.

They most likely aren’t assisting in the ground up development of actual race cars. They receive data from physical products, not the other way around.

The loose condition when firing off doesn't necessarily mean it's a whole new car but could be just a different setup. iRacing setups can change the entire attitude of the car.

There's nothing to hope for, just look at the photos...
I was informed only people who have seen the cars in person can judge.

Back to reality - honestly enlighten me. The only significant difference I can find behind the a-pillar is the shape of the covering on the quarter glass, which isnt an OEM shape. It’s just the same exact greenhouse with material covering a portion of the quarter glass to mimic what should be the shape of the rear wheelwell. The current car has the same thing.

PI6PG3S4K5AERPRWR6JJRWEMTQ.jpg

SO4MCA467JBLDI5MCRTU4UKR5Y.jpg

KSQA6PRUZVGP5KHVLPOAWIOAQA.jpg

I gotta say, I like what I saw on iRacing tonight. Now let's see if they race this close in real life.

enjoyed the heck out of that race, the cars were pretty racy

An interesting thing that stood out to me was how long it took for the tires to get warmed up. I guess it's to be expected with a bigger tire so it'll add a new dimension to strategy and racing.

Back to reality - honestly enlighten me. The only significant difference I can find behind the a-pillar is the shape of the covering on the quarter glass, which isnt an OEM shape. It’s just the same exact greenhouse with material covering a portion of the quarter glass to mimic what should be the shape of the rear wheelwell. The current car has the same thing.

It's hard to see in this photo because the black quarter panel hides the crease on the Camaro in the lighting in this one, but if you look at different angle photos that are out there now you can see the Camaro quarter panel has a much more square edge at the top of Coke-bottle rear haunches which matches the street Camaro, and the Mustang upper quarter panel is different. Camry is slightly different too, that you can see if you just zoom in on the photos you provided. There's also a distinct scallop shape molded into the rear corner of the Camry similar to It's street version. The Mustang also has that bodyline down the side of the whole car that would run through the door handle area of the door if there was a door handle there. Look at that crease, it disappears for the rear wheel well and then reappears after the wheel well just like real life.

nope what I said was that Joey Logano said the two cars sitting side by side were very similar. Now you could have kept your mouth shut but no you said that Joey was a fordaholic and he had a biased opinion. Don't be putting words in my mouth bud. I said Joey had seen the car in person and you had a problem with that. You are the one who has a problem, victim and now passive aggressive isn't going to change what was printed. Like I said some will swear and be damed that the new cars aren't close to being like the showroom model. I know a couple more who will say the same thing before they even say it. That's fine but leave me out of it.

It's hard to see in this photo because the black quarter panel hides the crease on the Camaro in the lighting in this one, but if you look at different angle photos that are out there now you can see the Camaro quarter panel has a much more square edge at the top of Coke-bottle rear haunches which matches the street Camaro, and the Mustang upper quarter panel is different. Camry is slightly different too, that you can see if you just zoom in on the photos you provided. There's also a distinct scallop shape molded into the rear corner of the Camry similar to It's street version. The Mustang also has that bodyline down the side of the whole car that would run through the door handle area of the door if there was a door handle there. Look at that crease, it disappears for the rear wheel well and then reappears after the wheel well just like real life.
those are pretty crappy pics taken from the wrong perspective on post 2221 it shows both cars all the way down the sides from a better perspective.

An interesting thing that stood out to me was how long it took for the tires to get warmed up. I guess it's to be expected with a bigger tire so it'll add a new dimension to strategy and racing.
Didn't even think about that! Good point

Has anything come out when teams will actually get their hands on these chassis?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom