'21 Generation 7 Car news

Stole it from reddit. Where exactly the photo was taken? Idfk
There was a post on Reddit showing the whole car and I believe where it was located .

Honestly I don't think any of the drivers like the 2019-2020 package.
havent seen many that do but I dont have time to search for it just seems the ones that dont are easier to find on the Google machine.

Brad's a death bedder. He should like and agree with whatever NASCAR says/does .
In a sense, he's not a fan of last years package. I agree with @SpeedPagan that majority don't like it, but just deal with it in silence.

I think Mullens and Brad will gel fine, during the interview Brad did note a bit of complacency on his part with Wolfe. Maybe, a change was needed to help himself and the rest of the team. We'll see, I think the team will take some time, but will improve in the long run.

Honestly I don't think any of the drivers like the 2019-2020 package.
I'm not sure if it matters if the drivers like it or not. It's a matter of what product is being put out in terms of what the fans like.

We can argue about that all we want be IMO drivers opinions don't mean a whole lot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In a sense, he's not a fan of last years package. I agree with @SpeedPagan that majority don't like it, but just deal with it in silence.

I think Mullens and Brad will gel fine, during the interview Brad did note a bit of complacency on his part with Wolfe. Maybe, a change was needed to help himself and the rest of the team. We'll see, I think the team will take some time, but will improve in the long run.
Brad is top 5 talented IMO in Cup, he should be a contender every year. for the sake of not hijacking this forum I expect him to win races and contend for Cups in any aero package. Penske as a whole is that good too.

Brad was choosing his words too carefully -- just painful (yet entertaining) to watch. That interview was pure fealty. :oops:

The interesting part to me was him hinting that the actual teams are not happy with the low HP motors. Which suggests that this whole campaign to attract more manufacturers by way of running a smaller engine is NASCAR's doing and nobody else's.

The interesting part to me was him hinting that the actual teams are not happy with the low HP motors. Which suggests that this whole campaign to attract more manufacturers by way of running a smaller engine is NASCAR's doing and nobody else's.

Maybe, we'll see 900HP V6 Hybrids instead...as long as they sound good and are powerful... I won't care that much

But it's insinuated that the teams won't like it.. **** this adult T-Ball ****... I mean really. **** it. Formula 1 and Indycar went hybrid and they kept their horsepower high. They went to 900HP at the wheels with the help of hybrids.

And a push to pass system?!! ARE YOU THAT ****** DENSE, NASCAR?!! WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH GIMMICKS RUNNING OFF FANS AS IT IS?!!! FOR **** SAKES...

I mean seriously, nobody asked for a push to pass system...

Of all the major North American sports leagues, I don't think any have executives as out of touch with reality as NASCAR. I mean, yet another gimmick, not like we don't have too many gimmicks or anything.. Not like many of the gimmicks have run off a good chunk of the audience or anything..

Last edited:
The one that is in the Road and Track article looks to be pretty simple and cheap, weighs about the same as the ballast they use now and I don't think anybody will be able to tell when it is used in the stands or watching on TV. Nothing like a back to the future moment. The article says Ford wants a more powerful one but they will probably get out voted. I heard Paul Tracy on the Rolex 24 say that Nascar was going to the single nut wheel. Who knows.

At least push to pass is less gimmicky than the fan boost that Formula E uses.

So a year from now when we are looking to the debut of the Next Gen car....what will it look like on the track? With a more street looking profile the marketers will use terms like “relatable”. The drivers will be showing how talented they are racing these cars with little seat time. Will the little guys sneak in some results while everyone scrambles to “figure this car out”? No doubt the big brains in engineering will have ideas, and teams with relationships with Aussie Super Car teams will no doubt be picking their brains (and grabbing some staff too). Some low grade chaos all around?

I can’t wait!

Back
Top Bottom