'21 Generation 7 Car news

NASCAR will hold its first Next Gen test of 2021 on Tuesday at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Kurt Busch will be back behind the wheel in a test that will validate some adjustments that have been made to components of the Next Gen car. Busch, the 2004 NASCAR Cup Series champion, currently drives for Chip Ganassi Racing.

NASCAR will hold its first Next Gen test of 2021 on Tuesday at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Kurt Busch will be back behind the wheel in a test that will validate some adjustments that have been made to components of the Next Gen car. Busch, the 2004 NASCAR Cup Series champion, currently drives for Chip Ganassi Racing.

I wonder how hard it'd be to get into the stands.

Oval or infield?

There are more than 50 different combinations of left / right spindles available for the current cars.

There are more than 50 different combinations of left / right spindles available for the current cars.
Since the new car uses a rack I'd imagine can use a different length steering arm. I would have thought they had started off with the Supercar parts as a baseline. But maybe they did. Likely they will have a Nascar approved oval track "set-up" and another for RC.

Article doesn't really say much other than, "everything is good guys!" Which kind of annoys me, I want details!

wrap on the prototype

ACF943BD-462A-4DE5-91BF-825B2642202F.jpeg

Article doesn't really say much other than, "everything is good guys!" Which kind of annoys me, I want details!
yeah I hear that. I imagine they are switching out parts and pieces for testing so many areas aren't set in stone. It's a work in progress

Most likely not the final product, but there's this. It's not bad, just shave an inch or two (alternatively just get rid of it) off the splitter and NASCAR will be good to go.

NextGen.jpg

I'm so happy about these 18" alloy wheels. Years overdue. Really hope it isn't a spec wheel and that each manufacturer can design their own to be similar to their design language in the showroom.

Couple of things about that car, that is the first test car, the 5 lug nuts are fake. (according to what I read on the internet)

If no one had pointed out the wheels are changing, I probably wouldn’t have noticed until the 600, or later. To me, they’re just there to mount the tires on.
Even luddite Charlie gets it. :D I don't care what it LOOKS like! Does it race well. Can they figure out a way to slow the cars down enough to make the cars be able to race side-by-side? I know...lots of people will only accept the car IF it breaks track records everywhere. Nope. Let's make oval racing competitive again. I still think they need to put jumps & whoops on the straights at the plate tracks. Maybe a sand section?

Couple of things about that car, that is the first test car, the 5 lug nuts are fake. (according to what I read on the internet)
Its not fake. Its the first prototype they tested that was just the gen 7 chassis. Long before they decided on single lug.

NASCAR says that “we’re done with the development” of the Next Gen car about a year before the vehicle makes its debut.

Teams are expected to begin receiving their Next Gen cars in mid-June, said John Probst, NASCAR senior vice president of innovation and racing development.

Among the topics covered was the Next Gen car, where Probst said the development is completely finished. Meanwhile, the next Next Gen test will take place on March 16 and 17 at Richmond Raceway. At the end of March, all three manufactures — Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota — will participate in a Next Gen test at Martinsville Speedway, making it the first time all three OEMs will be at a test together. The unveil of the car will likely come late spring.

Anyone know when they're going to start testing this car in a group? One of the big problem with the current car is how hard it is to close in on the leader, the leader can get good distance away from 2nd place. I'm just wondering if they fixed that problem or not.

"The Next Gen car has been tested nine times:

Only 1 multi-car test on an oval before saying "they're done with development"? I thought they would have done more than that on their side, before handing it off to the teams.

I'm not sure that they care much how this car performs on an oval. They've essentially created a V8 supercar so I'm guessing the number of road course will increase beyond what it is now

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom