'21 Generation 7 Car news

Denny also brought up another great point.

NASCAR has not really disclosed what the vision is with this car. As if right now the car is in the middle ground between a car for pack racing or sliding and sliding (less downforce).

My honest opinion, if they are already so close to having a car sliding around as such, just go with that. However, I feel as if they want more pack racing, which is okay, but does every race have to be a barn burner?

Darlington and Nashville were liked because of the product given, which was more natural in terms of the race product. Meaning, cars were slipping and sliding, still plenty of action around the track in terms of passing and entertainment. It should be that way to me and not every race needs to be a classic. These same races, Truex and Larson kicked ass on both race days.

I'm genuinely curious to see which direction they favor come next season, its going to be a big season of tests and seeing what is better to go with. With a new car, anything is possible with a clean slate.

I am already tired of the bitching. Build it. Race it. Shut the **** up. I have been away from the track for over a year. I would ****** kill to hear one of MY TRD powered Toyota Camrys at idle....I'd kill more for a Next Gen idle.

What about going back to bias ply tires? The bias plies weren't used so much as springs. Make them crank on the springs to change loads. There will be no track bar or wedge adjuster. Maybe an external adjustment for rear sway bar thru the trunk lid? Sounds like Hamlin is primarily suggesting more power. I'll be surprised if first half-dozen races, not counting the normal Daytona demolition derby, aren't crash fests. TONS of bent rear clips. Sure sounds like NASCAR may have to allow the teams to build some of the parts. The aftermarket just doesn't have the skillset to do what these craftsmen have been doing for 50 years.

Just race the damn cars. They aren't going to be right no matter how they do it. Run them and make changes if they are needed. Since when is Hamlin building car parts? I guess after 10,000 races he's moved into the shop and is an aspiring car designer now.

Just race the damn cars. They aren't going to be right no matter how they do it. Run them and make changes if they are needed. Since when is Hamlin building car parts? I guess after 10,000 races he's moved into the shop and is an aspiring car designer now.
So, he's talking about what he's felt so far and actually talked to NASCAR engineers.

Nothing crazy or talking negatively about what he's felt so far. Everything he's talked about shows what progress they made in terms of steering and issues with heat.

Good and honestly, I like his candiness to talk to all of the average Joe's about what he's felt so far. Also, he was in different about it all while talking. He's out there with engineers and mechanics from both JGR and his own team.

I think his general feedback and just telling us is cool over what is being done in testing. He's talking to fans and answering questions as well, but that's JMO.

Feelings... oh wo wo feelings.
How so?

He's sat in driven multiple cars, talked to NASCAR engineers, JGR engineers, mechanics alike. Even read over the instruction manual, yes there is an instruction manual, on how to put these cars together.

There are no feelings here, sitting and listening to a professional helps.

How so?

He's sat in driven multiple cars, talked to NASCAR engineers, JGR engineers, mechanics alike. Even read over the instruction manual, yes there is an instruction manual, on how to put these cars together.

There are no feelings here, sitting and listening to a professional helps.
Yeah just like he did when he was whining about a dead crash dummy and Nascar didn't put one in the car yet. He said nothing...again

100%. OMG I think we are on the same page with this. I have NO ****** patience for the car bashing. Don't like it? GTFO. Someone will.

I think we are going to see the uncontrolled tire issues continue into the season. The weight of the new tire/wheel combination is significantly less.
The carriers and changers are going to have to work hard at not throwing a tire at the wall just to watch it bounce off out into pit road.
Maybe throw it over the wall????

Wright said that, eventually, the pit stops will be faster. He notes how Kyle Larson had an 11.8-second pit stop to get the lead on the final stop in the season finale at Phoenix to win the championship.
“I think by October of 2022 an 11.8 is probably going to lose you spots,” Wright said. “Eleven-eight in Daytona (in February) might be OK.”
He noted that his team performed a 10.5-second stop, which featured only simulated fueling, during last week’s Next Gen test at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

I think we are going to see the uncontrolled tire issues continue into the season. The weight of the new tire/wheel combination is significantly less.
The carriers and changers are going to have to work hard at not throwing a tire at the wall just to watch it bounce off out into pit road.
Maybe throw it over the wall????
Let's get rid of that stupid rule. If the tire rolls into pit lane, then fine, assess a penalty but the stupid uncontrolled tire concept is idiocy. Who the hell cares if it is under control as long as it doesn't become a safety issue...

Wright said that, eventually, the pit stops will be faster. He notes how Kyle Larson had an 11.8-second pit stop to get the lead on the final stop in the season finale at Phoenix to win the championship.
“I think by October of 2022 an 11.8 is probably going to lose you spots,” Wright said. “Eleven-eight in Daytona (in February) might be OK.”
He noted that his team performed a 10.5-second stop, which featured only simulated fueling, during last week’s Next Gen test at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Wheels is running his team like an F1 team. Love this.

Probably because the last two teams that tried it went broke?
Barney disagrees with you, but then again, you think Chad is a liar. Leavine got COVID-ed. He would have taken what he wanted from Toyota, and been just fine with the new car....he also said that, but you know.....the narrative. Laughable.

Let's get rid of that stupid rule. If the tire rolls into pit lane, then fine, assess a penalty but the stupid uncontrolled tire concept is idiocy. Who the hell cares if it is under control as long as it doesn't become a safety issue...
Because it becomes a safety issue and teams will use it to gain an advantage over other on pit road. "Sorry that our tire rolled into your box and slowed your stop"

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Because it becomes a safety issue and teams will use it to gain an advantage over other on pit road. "Sorry that our tire rolled into your box and slowed your stop"

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
And even if you allow the tire to roam freely in the team's own box, there's the possibility of it being sent flying by the exiting car.

Back
Top Bottom