'21 Generation 7 Car news

Kyle started with Hendrick, a Chevy team. I don't expect drivers to replace all their possessions when they change teams, or when the teams switch manufacturers. As long as the grocery-getter has the 'correct' logo, I don't think the manufacturers care what's in the personal collection.

And besides, did Toyota even make anything with tail fins?
The reasonable adult in me agrees, but then again, I am not a reasonable adult.

Revman you should love this.

Personally, I think to much of the economy is being spent on vehicles. Personal debt at this point in time is way to high, so much so that companies are financing their own vehicles in order to get around the rules on personnel debt load. A 1% increase in interest rates would cause million of homes to be repossessed.

Personally, I think to much of the economy is being spent on vehicles. Personal debt at this point in time is way to high, so much so that companies are financing their own vehicles in order to get around the rules on personnel debt load. A 1% increase in interest rates would cause million of homes to be repossessed.
Automakers have been doing that for ages. What they won't take, the independant dealerships have high risk loan organizations to take care of the fringe credit buyers.

I haven't followed Toyota but I wonder how much of this has to do the chip shortage. I know when it came to trucks GM couldn't even fulfill orders waiting on chips.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I haven't followed Toyota but I wonder how much of this has to do the chip shortage. I know when it came to trucks GM couldn't even fulfill orders waiting on chips.

Local dealer has maybe 1/3 the vehicles it normally has. Been that way for year or so. I wonder how parts delivery for normal repairs are going?

Edit; pushrods.

Local dealer has maybe 1/3 the vehicles it normally has. Been that way for year or so. I wonder how parts delivery for normal repairs are going?

Edit; pushrods.
I know the inventory is low that the dealership here has called me several times trying to buy my truck back. Actually offered more than what I paid for it

I know the inventory is low that the dealership here has called me several times trying to buy my truck back. Actually offered more than what I paid for it

Jeep dealer did that with my wife's Wrangler. I was tempted, but it's like the housing market. You sell high, but then what? You have to replace it with a another and they're selling at sky high prices so you still lose overall.

This is a good point.

Maybe some folks should have considered vehicles better suited to their financial situation.

An increase in interest rates will have no effect on existing mortgages. Those rates and monthly payments were locked in when the contracts were signed.

Automakers have been doing that for ages. What they won't take, the independant dealerships have high risk loan organizations to take care of the fringe credit buyers.
Does that make it right? Fringe credit buyers are people who shouldn't be buying anything other than the necessities of life. Anything else should be used to buy back their debt.

Does that make it right? Fringe credit buyers are people who shouldn't be buying anything other than the necessities of life. Anything else should be used to buy back their debt.
nobody is talking right or wrong here. It just is...called reality, the game, or whatever name a person can come up with. Pay cash and run a hooptie..it's a free world.

Those rates and monthly payments were locked in when the contracts were signed.
and that is no more than 5 yrs in Canada. What I have seen happen is people buy a house and a year later they buy a car. When their mortgage comes due, they no longer qualify because they have exceeded their debt load.

and that is no more than 5 yrs in Canada. What I have seen happen is people buy a house and a year later they buy a car. When their mortgage comes due, they no longer qualify because they have exceeded their debt load.
What ya going to do? get a banner and run up and down the street? That is what the herd does, it's THEIR choice.

Edit; pushrods.
My mom had a problem with the transmission on her SUV last year. After having it sit at the garage for a couple of weeks, they finally admitted that the needed part(s) along with parts for several other vehicles were on backorder and basically "lost at sea", and that it was likely going to be several months or longer before they could repair it.

They also said they had several other vehicles still there for the same reason, but with various other issues and for several different types of parts. They ended up repairing it with a very old tranny from a junk yard, just enough for her to drive it to a dealership and trade it in, but it seems like there is definitely a supply chain issue.

Also, I can't remember what the issue was (it wasn't trans related etc), but similar issues have happened to a couple of other family members, as well as one employee at my store, since then as far as not being able to get needed parts, so I know it was not just an isolated issue

Granted, we do live in a very small/rural area, so that could have played a part.
:(:confused:

Are they testing the 670hp 4" spoiler at Atlanta this week or no?

I beleieve that Toyota started stockpiling chips after the Fukushima disaster because they started to get worried about supply chain disruptions. That turned out to be pretty smart thinking.

I beleieve that Toyota started stockpiling chips after the Fukushima disaster because they started to get worried about supply chain disruptions. That turned out to be pretty smart thinking.
or they were in on it

Yes, the shortage is def probably because Toyota bought them all and kept them stockpiled. :XXROFL: :XXROFL:

Back
Top Bottom