'21 Generation 7 Car news

Its a worldwide problem not unique to NASCAR.
I understand that but what I don't get it why can't nascar be up front about it instead of putting up this public front up that everything is ok? Virtually every supplier I deal with in my job is up front and tells you realistically what to expect.

We're like what 40 days out now? At this point you know what you're going to get

You'll never convince me this number placement doesn't look like ****. And spare me with the smart retorts, it just isn't aesthetically pleasing on these cars. That's all I'm saying.
I hear you, but I like it. I really do.

I understand that but what I don't get it why can't nascar be up front about it instead of putting up this public front up that everything is ok? Virtually every supplier I deal with in my job is up front and tells you realistically what to expect.

We're like what 40 days out now? At this point you know what you're going to get
What exactly do you need to know? I guarantee you there will be a race every weekend one is scheduled. The fanbase doesnt need to know

What exactly do you need to know? I guarantee you there will be a race every weekend one is scheduled. The fanbase doesnt need to know
Nobody will run out of cars. This isn't my bold prediction....because it isn't bold. I agree with you.

While this may be related to the short-term supply problem, it may also be connected to the limitation on the number of chasses. Who wants one of a limited number tied up for a year? If an exemption is granted, then what do you do when the displayed chassis is returned next year? You'll have to get rid of either it or one of the others you ran last season.

If the quality of racing is poor at the start of the season and its a direct result guys not taking chances because teams are worried about not having parts for repairs I think the fans should know. Heck we just had one of the major teams sit out a test, I would have to think low inventory was at least part of that decision.

While this may be related to the short-term supply problem, it may also be connected to the limitation on the number of chasses. Who wants one of a limited number tied up for a year? If an exemption is granted, then what do you do when the displayed chassis is returned next year? You'll have to get rid of either it or one of the others you ran last season.
I have to imagine the top teams will be moving through certain chassis fairly quick to start with after the required number of starts anyways. I'd have assume they'll be measuring everything and keeping the ones that are closer to the design spec that they want. Lets be honest while everything is supposed to be the same its a mass produced part and they're not all identical. When you're looking for an advantage you'll take anything you can get.

Virtually every supplier I deal with in my job is up front and tells you realistically what to expect.
Do you want your suppliers talking to your customers? I'd go bat-crap if my suppliers were publicly announcing that I had supply problems. I'd also be looking for another supplier.

I'm pretty sure NASCAR and the teams know what's what. If you don't like the quality of the resulting racing, watch something else for a few weeks. Geez, man, it's only sports. It's not like you personally won't be able to get milk, bread, and gas.

That's pretty much exactly NOT what the article states.

If you don't like the quality of the resulting racing, watch something else for a few weeks. Geez, man, it's only sports. It's not like you personally won't be able to get milk, bread, and gas.

That's where you need to be transparent. Does the average fan know that the reason the racing isn't great is because of supply chain issues? Or after watching a couple of races decide that this new car isn't for them and tune out?

That's where you need to be transparent. Does the average fan know that the reason the racing isn't great is because of supply chain issues? Or after watching a couple of races decide that this new car isn't for them and tune out?
Objection, your Honor. Learned counsel predicates his argument on the assumption the racing won’t be great, and that supply issues will be the sole cause of questionable racing quality for a new style of car.

If the quality of racing is poor at the start of the season and its a direct result guys not taking chances because teams are worried about not having parts for repairs I think the fans should know. Heck we just had one of the major teams sit out a test, I would have to think low inventory was at least part of that decision.
What do you mean "taking chances"? They just ran a 17 car draft and no one really knows the answer behind SHR's absence but if Rodney decided it was better to run a SIM and glean some data from FORD then go on track then so be it. If each Team has 2 cars that would mean a pool of cars for most teams to pull from if they needed too. Thats worst case scenario

What do you mean "taking chances"? They just ran a 17 car draft and no one really knows the answer behind SHR's absence but if Rodney decided it was better to run a SIM and glean some data from FORD then go on track then so be it. If each Team has 2 cars that would mean a pool of cars for most teams to pull from if they needed too. Thats worst case scenario
didn't ya know it is tin foil flying day?

I swear NASCAR fans like conflict because it gives them something to complain about.

The only concern as of right now is the flow of chassis atm because Technique itself is a pretty small operation. Other than that, the issue of interior car temperature has been addressed, the steering rack concern has been addressed, and the safety aspect of the car is always a WIP.

Other than that, everything looks pretty solid. Pieces and parts are always moving, so come Daytona we will see other implementations added. It's all a learning process for the sanctioning body and vendors alike.

Yeah but contrary to the reality being spoken about by people that actually work in the industry, Racing Forums' amrchair analysts told me that it was all all BS, so I don't buy it this, and also who is "Jayski" anyway? Sounds like some sort of cheesepuffs alternative account spreading baseless rumors again, smh.

This is going to be a very boring Daytona 500. Teams are going to try to mitigate risk as much as possible and not go out there and try to junk a new center section right off the bat.

I swear NASCAR fans like conflict because it gives them something to complain about.

The only concern as of right now is the flow of chassis atm because Technique itself is a pretty small operation. Other than that, the issue of interior car temperature has been addressed, the steering rack concern has been addressed, and the safety aspect of the car is always a WIP.

Other than that, everything looks pretty solid. Pieces and parts are always moving, so come Daytona we will see other implementations added. It's all a learning process for the sanctioning body and vendors alike.
Some Nascar fans, not all work really hard at making something out of nothing. Connie crisis's . 5 cars apiece at the start of the season isn't enough for some.

This is going to be a very boring Daytona 500. Teams are going to try to mitigate risk as much as possible and not go out there and try to junk a new center section right off the bat.
Eh, might be good having them save their equipment at a Superspeedway.

Probably won't make any difference to some anyway. They make up their own reality anyhow, but here is what the ones in the know say. ;)

“We’re still on track for five cars per team (with) the latest timing we have out of the chassis supplier, and that’s five center sections and seven front and rear clips,” NASCAR senior vice president of racing innovation John Probst said. “It’s kind of five plus a little bit. We’re not immune to the world; we’re seeing COVID and supply chains be delayed and some of the distribution being delayed a little bit. I would say right now, we don’t see any parts or pieces that are going to keep any car from racing in an event.

“We’re working with the teams to make sure we implement backup cars in an efficient manner, and I think while we’re concerned and everyone’s concerned, and it’s probably rightly so, it’s what we do — we worry about things like that. We don’t see anything right now that’s going to keep anybody from racing at an event.”

I have to imagine the top teams will be moving through certain chassis fairly quick to start with after the required number of starts anyways. I'd have assume they'll be measuring everything and keeping the ones that are closer to the design spec that they want. Lets be honest while everything is supposed to be the same its a mass produced part and they're not all identical. When you're looking for an advantage you'll take anything you can get.
They're as close as damn is to swearing.

Next Gen suspension pickup points can't be moved or modified ... no way to "improve" for an advantage.

They can adjust the hell out of the suspension, add shims to the rear etc. All kinds of adjustibility. But tech is there to limit it.

1642100519121.png

They can adjust the tie rods
1642100591676.png

They can add shims front and rear

1642100687725.png

something is a bit fishy on the first illustration. They are going to get only .30. A plus/minus .30 would actually be +/- .60 total which is a whole lot. Below they specify the rear steer.

1642102297665.png

They're as close as damn is to swearing.

Next Gen suspension pickup points can't be moved or modified ... no way to "improve" for an advantage.
Everything is built to a tolerance. One side of the tolerance is better than the other. Was listening to a CC last week (can't remember who) that said they spent several days with the laser system figuring out the "best" body configuration.

Everything is built to a tolerance. One side of the tolerance is better than the other. Was listening to a CC last week (can't remember who) that said they spent several days with the laser system figuring out the "best" body configuration.
There is one body configuration.

You want to apply methods used to construct Gen 6 cars. Say goodbye to that.

The body is completely made out of carbon fiber, I don't think much massaging the body surfaces is going to happen. But you never know, Toyota and Bondo have been known to attempt it lol. Can't forget Harvicks "blade" either lol.

Last edited:

But it's not rigid and you're given a tolerance when it comes to finished product. Does anyone honestly think the big teams are just going to bolt things on without finding the best way to bolt them on? If you're given a 0.030" tolerance and +.030" is better than -.030" I am willing to bet teams find a way to get it +.030". Seriously these are the same guys that figured out what angle you want to run the wiper blade at in dry weather and tried cutting slits in the wraps to manipulate the airflow. If there's an advantage these guys will find it.

But it's not rigid and you're given a tolerance when it comes to finished product. Does anyone honestly think the big teams are just going to bolt things on without finding the best way to bolt them on? If you're given a 0.030" tolerance and +.030" is better than -.030" I am willing to bet teams find a way to get it +.030". Seriously these are the same guys that figured out what angle you want to run the wiper blade at in dry weather and tried cutting slits in the wraps to manipulate the airflow. If there's an advantage these guys will find it.
You can do what you want within tolerance. So can everyone else. You better not go over, not a millimeter. These bodies cannot be modified in any way. Mounting points are the same for everycar, you cant move them.

Back
Top Bottom