'21 Generation 7 Car news

The magnet incident was JGR and the fuel issue was MWR....which I am sure is coming. Shall we talk about the Hornaday thing as well while we are it?
I just brought up why they switched because they wanted true dyno numbers not a number that could be manipulated by using a chassis dyno.

What are you trying to prove with this comment?

First you're mad that Chevy had such a dominant run, but then you're boasting that Toyota was able to break it (which means that the dominant run had to happen for the steak to be able to be broken in the first place). What's your angle besides "TOYOTA good, Chevy baaaad"? Because it seems like goalposts are constantly moved just to say that over and over again, regardless of context.
Re-read your own damn post....You explain the Chevy dominance by citing car counts, and that MY Toyotas weren't running then. I simple posted a statement of fact which proved that 1) Car counts weren't relevant because Toyota won with a small fleet, and 2) Toyota was, in fact, in existence during that "era."

I just brought up why they switched because they wanted true dyno numbers not a number that could be manipulated by using a chassis dyno.
Yep, but I am a big Toyota/TRD fan....so the responsible party kind of matters to me.

I don't have to wonder, it's merely because you can't handle the truth
Laughable. Honestly, I am not really pissed by the Chevy stuff from last year. What is frustrating is that the story is ignored or denied, and then that narrative is accepted as fact because of some big mouths around here. It's stupid. Door, Bumper, Clear...Episode #176....people other than us discuss it. Agree to disagree about what is fair....which is a part of the history of this sport from a manufacturers perspective, but somehow becomes a bitch session around here. This is the point where the board jumps into the dump. It's stupid. Fact: Chevy got a new car for one year. Fact: The NextGen was postponed due to COVID. Fact: NASCSAR instituted a development freeze. Fact: Chevy had an advantage because their car was developed around the current rules package--they got a second year, and there wasn't a ****** thing Toyota or Ford could do to get better....but somehow TRD and Toyota did. Impressive as hell, and I am very proud of that. That is the truth....of which I handle just fine thank you.

Fact: Chevy had an advantage because their car was developed around the current rules package

And when was this current rules package instituted?

All this talk about narratives, blah blah blah. Every time this "Camaro 2.0" stuff is discussed on RF, it can be traced back to you bringing it up out of nowhere. Broken record.

And when was this current rules package instituted?

All this talk about narratives, blah blah blah. Every time this "Camaro 2.0" stuff is discussed on RF, it can be traced back to you bringing it up out of nowhere. Broken record.
What difference does it make? Chevy's car after a year of failing was designed around that package when MY Toyota and the Fords weren't. Fact. If the discussion was because of me, I am honored. It is a discussion happening elsewhere....Door, Bumper, ****** Clear #176. This is a thing, and not just my thing. It isn't out of nowhere. Let's talk about the whole story, shall we...instead of the BS hard work....did their homework....blah, blah, blah stuff. Silly.

Laughable. Honestly, I am not really pissed by the Chevy stuff from last year. What is frustrating is that the story is ignored or denied, and then that narrative is accepted as fact because of some big mouths around here. It's stupid. Door, Bumper, Clear...Episode #176....people other than us discuss it. Agree to disagree about what is fair....which is a part of the history of this sport from a manufacturers perspective, but somehow becomes a bitch session around here. This is the point where the board jumps into the dump. It's stupid. Fact: Chevy got a new car for one year. Fact: The NextGen was postponed due to COVID. Fact: NASCSAR instituted a development freeze. Fact: Chevy had an advantage because their car was developed around the current rules package--they got a second year, and there wasn't a ****** thing Toyota or Ford could do to get better....but somehow TRD and Toyota did. Impressive as hell, and I am very proud of that. That is the truth....of which I handle just fine thank you.
I can assure you that you have not allowed a single active member of this forum ignore this story for what feels like eons.

Re-read your own damn post....You explain the Chevy dominance by citing car counts, and that MY Toyotas weren't running then. I simple posted a statement of fact which proved that 1) Car counts weren't relevant because Toyota won with a small fleet, and 2) Toyota was, in fact, in existence during that "era."
More and more I continue to not understand what you're even trying to actually get at here anymore. Literally everything you say just boils down to, "I'm obsessed with Toyota". We understand that.

Ok so Chevy was dominating for years and then Toyota got a manufacturers title with less cars. What's even the point here again? What are you trying to prove? You seem aimlessly mad at Chevy just for existing with zero means to an end. And you want to talk about how "somehow this place turns into a bitch session"? The one that chirps the most in this joint is you.

Last edited:
More and more I continue to not understand what you're even trying to actually get at here anymore. Literally everything you say just boils down to, "I'm obsessed with Toyota". We understand that.

Ok so Chevy was dominating for years and then Toyota got a manufacturers title with less cars. What's even the point here again? What are you trying to prove? You seem aimlessly mad at Chevy just for existing with zero means to an end. And you want to talk about how "somehow this place turns into a bitch session"? The one that chirps the most in this joint is you.
Well, you have to admit he gets a lot of mileage out of playing the victim. Toyota finished 2nd and third for the season, lost the last race by a quicker pit stop, so I don't pay much attention to his claims that the Chevy's have an unfair advantage. Hash and rehash the same ol burble.

Well, you have to admit he gets a lot of mileage out of playing the victim. Toyota finished 2nd and third for the season, lost the last race by a quicker pit stop, so I don't pay much attention to his claims that the Chevy's have an unfair advantage. Hash and rehash the same ol burble.
Remember that time where Chevy went through the official NASCAR process of approval to be granted a nose change, but Toyota decided to circumvent the rules to facilitate a nose change of their their very own under the radar?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.nasc...-vegas-motor-speedway-prerace-inspection/amp/

What difference does it make? Chevy's car after a year of failing was designed around that package when MY Toyota and the Fords weren't. Fact.

Keep repeating it, maybe if you say it enough it will magically come true!

It's not a fact at all, it's just inaccurate nonsense. The "current package" you're referring to (NA18D/Taper550) was developed over five years ago, with plans to run in '18 and beyond. All three manufacturers were aware of this. If Ford and Toyota felt the need to redesign their car or make any adjustments at the same time Chevrolet designed the "Camaro 2.0", they were free to do so.

But yeah, keep whining about this perceived unfair advantage. It's easier to make excuses and blame NASCAR for favoritism than to accept reality.

It's not a fact at all, it's just inaccurate nonsense. The "current package" you're referring to (NA18D/Taper550) was developed over five years ago, with plans to run in '18 and beyond. All three manufacturers were aware of this. If Ford and Toyota felt the need to redesign their car or make any adjustments at the same time Chevrolet designed the "Camaro 2.0", they were free to do so.

But yeah, keep whining about this perceived unfair advantage. It's easier to make excuses and blame NASCAR for favoritism than to accept reality.
It's like a stop the steal thing. fact after fact continues to disprove the conspiracy theory lol.

Part of me likes these guys spinning out without help as it means the car is hard to drive. The other part of me worries that it might be too hard to drive and they won't be able to race around each other.

I was getting pretty sick years ago when they could run 190 and look like they were going to the store on a Sunday afternoon, so spinning out doesn't bother me. In the last version they could take a pretty so so driver and put them in a scienced out top car and they could top five it.

I'm guessing an early 2000s level of crashes for crash Stats, the all time highest Cup season was 2005 with over 500

1643252074888.png

How do you feel about the Supra that is really a BMW Z4, the 86 that is half Subaru, and the Yaris iA that is a low-effort Mazda 2 rebadge?
I actually don't like it one bit. I get why they did it....the Supra nor the 86 was coming to market at a reasonable price point without the collaboration, but I personally wouldn't buy either because they are not through and through Toyotas to me. The Yaris...same thing. My two cents. Thanks for asking.

Not just me saying it man, so I guess the only truth lives on this board. God help us all.

Manufacturers Standings are where it's at, but whatever.

It's banter man. I'm not mad at anybody. It's a great time, and a great sport. I love my manufacturer. I go to races. I watch every lap. I buy the gear. I buy my manufacturer's product. I don't bitch about packages and "racing." I accept each race for what it is. I have never had a bad day at the track. I spend lots of money on the sport. I won't ask what is wrong with that because there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I won't go away, but you have always known that you can block me. This seems really simple....I have never questioned anybody's reason for being here, and I probably won't. In my world, loyalty and passion matter. I will say what I think, and I will call bull**** when I feel necessary. I have never come here to make anybody's life miserable. Enjoy the season. May it be filled with many Toyota wins, and hopefully one Chevy that works sufficiently well, but not too well.

It's banter man.
"Banter" is defined as, "the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks". You are well beyond "banter" in this place.

Revman said:
I don't bitch about packages and "racing." I accept each race for what it is.

No you don't. You don't accept each race for what it is. You don't even accept each *season* for what it is. You've been loudly complaining about the racing for like a year.

Back
Top Bottom