'21 Generation 7 Car news

If you want to be absolutely certain you know where the limit of traction is, go past it.

😇
I made a lot of fun of KyBu repeatedly missing the entrance to the Carousel during practice at Sonoma. Then someone figured out he was seeing how quickly he could recover in case he made the error during the race.

Part of me likes these guys spinning out without help as it means the car is hard to drive. The other part of me worries that it might be too hard to drive and they won't be able to race around each other.
I am glad to see them spinning out as well for the simple reason it means they are pushing the envelope. How else do you find the limit of what the car can do?

"Banter" is defined as, "the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks". You are well beyond "banter" in this place.

No you don't. You don't accept each race for what it is. You don't even accept each *season* for what it is. You've been loudly complaining about the racing for like a year.
Enjoy your "likes" if you get any. Enjoy the season. Have a great day.

you do realize that NASCAR handed down the penalty but the review board has the final decision and they arent controlled by NASCAR right? Also theres this:

That the decision of the National Motorsports Appeals Panel upholding the original Penalty that was issued by NASCAR was incorrect in light of the NASCAR Rulebook modification made on January 24, 2022. This Rulebook change allowed the penalty elements to be applied on an and/or basis

you do realize that NASCAR handed down the penalty but the review board has the final decision and they arent controlled by NASCAR right? Also theres this:

That the decision of the National Motorsports Appeals Panel upholding the original Penalty that was issued by NASCAR was incorrect in light of the NASCAR Rulebook modification made on January 24, 2022. This Rulebook change allowed the penalty elements to be applied on an and/or basis

Then why even have rules to drop the hammer and on someone as a deterrent to prevent people from breaking said rules if in the end you actually have no power to enforce them? We're going to have huge fines for anyone caught testing.... until they appeal it and turns out it's not really that big of a deal.

Until the time comes that they actually stand behind one of these rulings the penalty system is a joke.

Then why even have rules to drop the hammer and on someone as a deterrent to prevent people from breaking said rules if in the end you actually have no power to enforce them? We're going to have huge fines for anyone caught testing.... until they appeal it and turns out it's not really that big of a deal.

Until the time comes that they actually stand behind one of these rulings the penalty system is a joke.
Dude the MAJORITY of the appeals are DENIED. 75 points is a huge penalty How long have you been watching this sport?

"Banter" is defined as, "the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks". You are well beyond "banter" in this place.

No you don't. You don't accept each race for what it is. You don't even accept each *season* for what it is. You've been loudly complaining about the racing for like a year.
I haven’t seen Revman complaining about the racing. If anything he’s usually pretty positive about the changes, and if anything some the NA18/550HP complaints are justified.

I haven’t seen Revman complaining about the racing. If anything he’s usually pretty positive about the changes, and if anything some the NA18/550HP complaints are justified.
Not accepting one of the competing manufacturers, that represents a solid portion of the competitive cars in the field, effectively is complaining about the racing. He's basically saying that all Chevy results in the past year are invalid. To me that's taking a pretty big swipe at the racing.

Dude the MAJORITY of the appeals are DENIED. 75 points is a huge penalty How long have you been watching this sport?
Is 75 points really that huge? We have a system where points don't really matter anymore as long you win you get a playoff birth. Look how far mcdowell was last year in the points and he still got into the playoffs because he had a victory.

I'm sure a lot of teams would be willing to take a 75 pt penalty if they can find something in an on track test that leads to a win. Broken system

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I'm sure a lot of teams would be willing to take a 75 pt penalty if they can find something in an on track test that leads to a win. Broken system

Broken logic.

Nobody is cheating the test rules looking for a demon tweak on a track that isn’t on the schedule.

Broken logic.

Nobody is cheating the test rules looking for a demon tweak on a track that isn’t on the schedule.
Sure

I bet HMS also accidentally went over the wind tunnel time in 2020. Dang we'll report ourselves....take small penalty. Then the 9 team proceeds to improve speed and win a championship.

Teams will always weigh the gains vs consequences

I have the same question but for a different reason. How much do points matter to an uncompetitive back marker team that won't make the cut unless half the teams drop out?

75 points is a big deal for Mike Harmon’s team this season with the amount of Xfinity entries there are.

Sure

I bet HMS also accidentally went over the wind tunnel time in 2020. Dang we'll report ourselves....take small penalty. Then the 9 team proceeds to improve speed and win a championship.

Teams will always weigh the gains vs consequences

Small penalty?
As a result of the penalty, the organization has been fined $100,000 and hit with the loss of 10 hours of wind tunnel testing time from the organization’s 2020-21 allocation.
NASCAR officials said the overage for Hendrick was less than an hour and the team self reported the violation.

Small penalty?
As a result of the penalty, the organization has been fined $100,000 and hit with the loss of 10 hours of wind tunnel testing time from the organization’s 2020-21 allocation.
NASCAR officials said the overage for Hendrick was less than an hour and the team self reported the violation.
And at the end of the day one of their drivers won the championship. Gains vs penalties.

Is 75 points really that huge? We have a system where points don't really matter anymore as long you win you get a playoff birth. Look how far mcdowell was last year in the points and he still got into the playoffs because he had a victory.

Just for sake of argument, lets say the final appeal upheld everything. All that would add is the suspension of the CC and a monetary fine. The point reduction remains the same across the board so your argument has no merit.

Telling how using more time and winning a championship is a bad thing?

If that was the case all of the teams would go over. 5 minutes over didnt win them a Champonship. If I need to I'll get REV back in here to tell you why they did.

Telling how using more time and winning a championship is a bad thing?

You having a problem with math? they went a little over time and because of that they lost 10 hours of future time in the wind tunnel. I guess somehow you think losing 10 hours of wind tunnel time is an advantage? lol I would sure love to hear the reasoning on that comment

If that was the case all of the teams would go over. 5 minutes over didnt win them a Champonship. If I need to I'll get REV back in here to tell you why they did.
It's a Camaro thing. They didn't want the other teams to know how fast it was so they spotted everybody 10 hours of wind tunnel and paid Nascar 100 thousand bucks to keep their mouth shut. :dunce:

You having a problem with math? they went a little over time and because of that they lost 10 hours of future time in the wind tunnel. I guess somehow you think losing 10 hours of wind tunnel time is an advantage? lol I would sure love to hear the reasoning on that comment
If you found something in that little bit of time and it got you enough gains to win the championship it was worth it.

If you found something in that little bit of time and it got you enough gains to win the championship it was worth it.

lol I wonder why Nascar restricted wind tunnel time, I guess with that type of thinking less is more.

Back
Top Bottom