'21 Generation 7 Car news

Interesting. I heard Denny talking about the car post race....Makes me wonder how the cars could be different at all, really.
Huh, that's a big step back from saying that the manufacturer that's behind on aero is all due to their own incompetence and doesn't deserve a chance to rectify it because they shouldn't get bailed out for coming up short against the competition fair and square.

From what I've seen so far this year, death or just going to bed might be more entertaining than the short track races have been.
Point. Jackman
1666061067162.gif

I eagerly await Rev's dissertations on how TRD blew it with the Next Gen Camry and that they should have to deal with it. NASCAR shouldn't let them do the Camry 2.0 and dominate. It isn't fair. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Standard operating procedure as is your complaint.

Teams can sell old stock or donate obsolete pieces as charitable auction items and take tax credits.

Standard operating procedure as is your complaint.

Teams can sell old stock or donate obsolete pieces as charitable auction items and take tax credits.
If everybody is going to change their hood, what is the point? It seems like everyone will just be right back where they started, so why even entertain the idea? If one manufacturer is at a disadvantage, I can see letting THEM submit a new part, but all three? Pointless unless you are correcting some safety issue or you GENUINELY believe it will improve the on-track product in some measurable way. If either of the latter two are the reason, then NASCAR should just come out and say so.

If everybody is going to change their hood, what is the point? It seems like everyone will just be right back where they started, so why even entertain the idea? If one manufacturer is at a disadvantage, I can see letting THEM submit a new part, but all three? Pointless unless you are correcting some safety issue or you GENUINELY believe it will improve the on-track product in some measurable way. If either of the latter two are the reason, then NASCAR should just come out and say so.
I would imagine the changes are to reflect the OEM's changes to the car.

I doubt all three manufacturers are making meaningful changes to the HOOD of there cars in one year.

I think Rick can afford it, Messieur Le Jackman.
Then why is Jeff crying they are losing money? You guys can't have this both ways. I get slammed for suggesting this is the big boy league and a lot of this money saving talk is BS and now nobody seems to have an issue with chaging body parts for seemingly no good reason.

Then why is Jeff crying they are losing money? You guys can't have this both ways. I get slammed for suggesting this is the big boy league and a lot of this money saving talk is BS and now nobody seems to have an issue with chaging body parts for seemingly no good reason.
They have been changing body parts for well over 50 years. That is what OEM's do, and despite whining to the contrary, Nascar in partnership with the OEM's are trying to make the race cars look similar to street models. Wake up.

I doubt all three manufacturers are making meaningful changes to the HOOD of there cars in one year.
Could be cooling-related with the hood louvres. I’m sure Ford and Toyota could use a parity adjustment but Chevy had to remove their louvres at the Clash so it could be low-speed cooling performance.

@Formerjackman, are you suggesting that teams have now purchased nose pieces and hoods for their fleet of seven chassis plus maybe some spares, so now should be all set for multiple years? It sure seems like that's what you're saying.

I don't know for certain the life expectancy of a given nose piece or hood... but my guess is... ONE RACE.

You can't repair it when it gets dinged up or bashed in. All you can do is replace it. And you can't just leave it banged up and dangling a few weeks... these ain't hobby stocks at Bowman Gray. How exactly is it gonna cost more to buy nose piece 2.0 versus buying the 1.0 version?

This is where your problem lies, you dont know because you are so far removed from the decision making process it doesnt make sense to you. Seemingly.

They can do some amazing things with body wrap now. I'll bet that they could make all the cars the same, body, nose and tail, and with the wrap they have now, trick the eye into seeing a Ford, Chevy or Toyota.

I eagerly await Rev's dissertations on how TRD blew it with the Next Gen Camry and that they should have to deal with it. NASCAR shouldn't let them do the Camry 2.0 and dominate. It isn't fair. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
WE did, and WE shouldn't. I need somebody to help me understand how these bodies went to the wind tunnel, everybody signed off on each other, and now WE are at deficit. How in actual **** could that be? While we are at it, I need somebody to explain to me how in the actual **** everybody is changing their bodies after one year. I thought we were trying to save money. I believe in the Next Gen, but what is the point here?

2023 “refresh” ...

“The sixth generation Chevrolet Camaro is nearing the end of its production run with the 2023 model year being the last refresh of the American icon before being discontinued in 2024.”

The 2024 re-skin will prolly cost quite a bit more per car than a hood and a bumper cover. Save some outrage ... you’ll need it.

WE did, and WE shouldn't. I need somebody to help me understand how these bodies went to the wind tunnel, everybody signed off on each other, and now WE are at deficit. How in actual **** could that be? While we are at it, I need somebody to explain to me how in the actual **** everybody is changing their bodies after one year. I thought we were trying to save money. I believe in the Next Gen, but what is the point here?
In the case of Ford, their change coincides with the release of the next generation Mustang.

They can do some amazing things with body wrap now. I'll bet that they could make all the cars the same, body, nose and tail, and with the wrap they have now, trick the eye into seeing a Ford, Chevy or Toyota.
I get what you mean about wraps getting better over the years with shading and whatnot, but that's basically exactly what they did with the COT and it was awful.

That is only a 33 MPH impact shown above, so it should fold up even more at higher speeds. They won't be back to racing after much of an impact with this new design.

Impressive video, a dramatic difference. If this is 33 mph, it makes me wonder about fuel cell integrity when crashing at 2X or 3X that speed...
While I'm pretty much over the whole thing, if you think about the damage apparent from Kurt & Alex's crashes...there was almost none. And they hit on the corner where it should have been easier to crush. Maybe. At least knocked the bumper over to the side? So the 33 MPH number is fairly irrelevant for us non-engineers. I'd like to have seen an angled hit also. Like the cars actually wreck.

Back
Top Bottom