60th Rolex 24 at Daytona

#10 spins entering infield; right rear flat. Driver Bergstein out.

4 minutes later, the car reaches the pit stall.

Last edited:
#59 GTD McLaren pulls into infield from back stretch and stops. No apparent damage; something must be broken.

I can’t count them out yet but they can’t seem to find much more pace. I hope they have a great overnight setup.

The new BMWs are nowhere to be found.
BMW said to expect growing pains.

It's all about getting data right now for them. It completed the 24 Hours of Dubai and to finish here with no issues will be huge as well.

Sportscar racing always gets the short end of the stick.

Hard to believe the back luck Helio and Shank had, followed right away by a stick of good luck. I guess they are a lap behind, but they can get that back. There's a long way to go.

#48 taking advantage of caution to finally change the wing the #01 damaged earlier.

#60 also changing wing, possibly from the flat a while ago.

#48 taking advantage of caution to finally change the wing the #01 damaged earlier.

#60 also changing wing, possibly from the flat a while ago.
Came back in to change the nose too.

Like seeing Jimmie have to come from the back of the field now. Wish they would go back to not doing the class split on restarts so it’d happen more often.

I don't follow this race that closely, could somebody explain why they put his name as owner?

I don't follow this race that closely, could somebody explain why they put his name as owner?
He was the starting driver in the #48, and lead the race until his stint was over. I'm guessing that's why. Daytona got off lucky if that's all that was done to their site.

#36 LMP3 in the wall at one of the horseshoes. Caution out.

#4 Vette came in before caution, but taking extended stop for unknown issues. After pushing ti back and forth, now going under the engine compartment. :( And going behind the wall.

Last edited:
#36 LMP3 in the wall at one of the horseshoes. Caution out.

#4 Vette came in before caution, but taking extended stop for unknown issues. After pushing ti back and forth, now going under the engine compartment. :( And going behind the wall.
Guy going all Primitive Pete on something with a hammer. I was surprised how long they worked around the rear section of the car. Takesa few seconds to remove. See they did it now.

Say car went dead on the highbanks. My guess is wiring came unplugged somewhere. They are changing the starter.

Last edited:
Guy going all Primitive Pete on something with a hammer. I was surprised how long they worked around the rear section of the car. Takesa few seconds to remove. See they did it now.

Say car went dead on the highbanks. My guess is wiring came unplugged somewhere. They are changing the starter.
I'd love a camera that just stayed in the garage when they fixing this stuff.

I wish the commentators could stop talking about how close the racing is x hours in every 5 minutes. It's been this way for 15 years...

Just under 16 hours left on the Rolex the 48 is leading the race

I am getting more about 12 hours of coverage with NBC and USA without needing peacock. Works for me.

Back
Top Bottom