A new month yields a new Kurt Busch meltdown.

BP's response to Tony's remarks last night on SiriusXM.....

Pockrass responded to Stewart's criticisms in an e-mail to USA TODAY Sports late Wednesday morning.

"I appreciate Tony acknowledging my work ethic," Pockrass wrote. "He also indicated that I aggressively pursue people involved in controversies to get comment. That's certainly something any journalist wouldn't apologize for doing as that is the staple for fair and accurate reporting. I do disagree with him that I focus solely on controversial topics, but realistically, people can go to the Sporting News website and decide for themselves."

From here.

This is kind of an interesting twist IMO. Could Tony be backing Kurt simply because he owns the PR Company that handles the PR for Kurt Busch? True Speed Communication has Kurt Busch as well as Kyle as clients. Damage control. I'm just saying.

Here's a link to a little bit of the background of True Speed Communications.

Is Tony backing Kurt? I thought he was just calling out Pockrass for his well known tabloid style tactics.

That was part of it but he also stated that he agreed with Kurt and what he said. There is much more audio that what I had posted earlier. I listened to his show last night but that was the only audio of it I could find. At this point there have been several articles written on this today with more detailed info.

I just don't think suspending a driver for being a jerk to an unpopular (at least with the drivers, who openly refer to him as "the geek") reporter is right. But I guess that's really the only course of action NASCAR can take sometimes.

Who the reporter is shouldn't have any determining factor at all. Kurt's got a long, well documented, history of issues when it comes to the media.

Who the reporter is shouldn't have any determining factor at all. Kurt's got a long, well documented, history of issues when it comes to the media.

I think it should matter. Why use Kurt's history and not consider Bob's?

And why do I care?

I have "limited" respect for the so-called media. Sensationalism Sells!
In the short-attention-span world of today, it's the headline that gets all the attention.
That's unfortunate but that's just how it is. Blame that on the consumers - and that is US.

Was Pockrass going for something "sensational" which he ended up getting? Obviously.
Did Kurt over-react to what he perceived to be an attempt by a reporter to grab a headline? Of course.

Who is really to blame here? Bob and Kurt share culpability equally, IMO.
Pockrass lives up to his name.
Kurt lives up to his reputation.
They are both in need of some serious mirror time.
And we, as consumers of such drivel, deserve exactly what we get.

na$car prides itself on the access the media and fans have, more than any other sport. I know from experience that a driver doesn't want to talk immediately about a on track incident, at least give him a few minutes out of the car to collect his thoughts. But the media runs down pit road or to the garage and sticks a mike in their face. What kind of reaction do they expect considering his past? I'm not siding with busch but the media in general acts, acts he77 they are a bunch of azzes at times.

Kurt had TWO interviews prior to the Pockrass interview. He chose that interview, he was asked a standard question that he had to know coming. This is not the media's fault.... not even close.

Kurt had TWO interviews prior to the Pockrass interview. He chose that interview, he was asked a standard question that he had to know coming. This is not the media's fault.... not even close.
Exactly. Not only that, Kurt himself was the one that brought up the subject of his probation on the television interview. BP only asked a followup question to that.

All the drivers know that the media is their "Best Friend", the media after all gets their sponsors out there for the world to see and hear. Pockrass was doing his job, sometimes the questions hit a nerve, but it is up to the drivers no matter what to act as professionals as hard as that may be at times. They are representing their sponsors, team, and themselves. When you get to the upper echelon of your sport you should have this down pat by now, if the question ticked off Bush he should of politely declined to answer it and went to his hauler to cool off. Kurt just can't seem to control him self, a trigger point is reached, and by that time it is too late. At this point it is very unfortunate, but I think Kurt has blown his last chance to redeem himself.

I have "limited" respect for the so-called media. Sensationalism Sells!
In the short-attention-span world of today, it's the headline that gets all the attention.
That's unfortunate but that's just how it is. Blame that on the consumers - and that is US.

Was Pockrass going for something "sensational" which he ended up getting? Obviously.
Did Kurt over-react to what he perceived to be an attempt by a reporter to grab a headline? Of course.

Who is really to blame here? Bob and Kurt share culpability equally, IMO.
Pockrass lives up to his name.
Kurt lives up to his reputation.
They are both in need of some serious mirror time.
And we, as consumers of such drivel, deserve exactly what we get.

Sensationalism? Kurt brought his probation up, not Pockrass. Kurt made statements about Allgaier. Kurt made statements about not being able to race since he's on probation. Pockrass followed up.

Also, it's not uncommon for the media to repeat questions. Drivers have to deal with it. Kurt can say it's a stupid question (actually, it wasn't and it was a fairly standard question). Kurt can say Jenna Fryer's asking unoriginal questions because she asked him a question someone else asked.

Ultimately, NASCAR needs the media. The media doesn't need NASCAR, because most of those reporters could go elsewhere where they're welcome. Ask Caraway Speedway how sending the media off worked out for them several years ago. Ask Old Dominion how it's working out for them this year. Having the media cover the sport is a benefit to everyone.

Put aside Kurts mental state for a moment. If I was Finch I'd wonder if I could afford to keep Kurt. He keeps trying to run up front in cars that aren't capable of doing it. He's wrecked 14 cars this way. He's overdriving. Any driver knows to get the best finish your car will give you ,but you have to finish. He still thinks he's in a top tier ride that will take whatever he gives it. Now put that together with his wacko act and I think Finch is now beginning to realize he made a big mistake with Kurt.

Put aside Kurts mental state for a moment. If I was Finch I'd wonder if I could afford to keep Kurt. He keeps trying to run up front in cars that aren't capable of doing it. He's wrecked 14 cars this way. He's overdriving. Any driver knows to get the best finish your car will give you ,but you have to finish. He still thinks he's in a top tier ride that will take whatever he gives it. Now put that together with his wacko act and I think Finch is now beginning to realize he made a big mistake with Kurt.

Kurt has an ego that is bigger than any other driver in Nascar.

Finch said the suspension was harsh, and nascar said not for a guy who was on probation. It makes sense, sort of. If Kurt said it as a 'joke', he would have been OK. He could learn a lot from Tony, who got away with trashing nascar and the fans by being slick.

There's a YouTube video someone posted earlier (that was uploaded before Daytona this year) that's an hour and a half of Kurt Busch douchebaggery. Like I said, I don't even think a Tony Stewart Greatest Hits DVD could last that long.

I seen that on there but don't have the time to waste on the whole thing.LOL

All I know is it will be an interesting Nationwide race in Loudon when Kurt makes his triumphant return, riding in on a White horse and all.....

Sensationalism? Kurt brought his probation up, not Pockrass. Kurt made statements about Allgaier. Kurt made statements about not being able to race since he's on probation. Pockrass followed up.

Did I touch a nerve Andy?

Do you really want to go on record - as a member of "the media" - and say that in this sound-bite-is-king, instant-gratification, get-it-when-you-can world that we inhabit today, that certain members of THE MEDIA are above going for the quick hit, in the hopes of getting just the kind of reaction that Pockrass got??? Do you really think it was an "innocent" follow-up question??? REALLY?

pfffffffft!!!

Did I touch a nerve Andy?

Do you really want to go on record - as a member of "the media" - and say that in this sound-bite-is-king, instant-gratification, get-it-when-you-can world that we inhabit today, that certain members of THE MEDIA are above going for the quick hit, in the hopes of getting just the kind of reaction that Pockrass got??? Do you really think it was an "innocent" follow-up question??? REALLY?
I'm with Andy on this one. 100% innocent, probably not, but Kurt was the one that brought up his probation first in the interview. So since Kurt brouht it up, should it not be off limits after that? And, it's a question that's been asked of others as well, plenty of times with other drivers that were on probation. And it's certainly not "certain members of the media" as just about all the reporters head the the whatever driver is involved in an incident. You're acting as though this is the oly interviewer that asked a pointed question (which, again, wasn't even really that poined since Kurt brought it up first.)

It's simple. Some reporters are asses. Some drivers don't know how to handle them without showing their own assiness.

Hard to believe Pockrass is getting credit for putting the voodoo on Busch, or that Kurt didn't approach the interview as a predetermined jerk.

It is simple Pockrass didn't threaten or force Bush to say anything. It took not only Kurts consent, but an idea that he was all to eager to offer.

Even if a compelling case was made against Pockrass, there are no excuses for Kurt or the repetitious verbal abuse he directs to the reporters.

And this a lenient penalty, given the history. A point that will never be forgotten by KB needs to be made.
If he, wants this war, he has to lose..

Can't we just lock the thread and move on? There's just nothing left to add, is there?
Really not much more that can be said that hasn't been. Besides how long will it be before Kurt goes off and it starts all over again. We should start a pool.

Hard to believe Pockrass is getting credit for putting the voodoo on Busch, or that Kurt didn't approach the interview as a predetermined jerk.

Kurt IS a jerk. That has been well established over time. But please don't try to defend Pockrass, cause he knew exactly what he was stepping into when he asked that question. Kurt just obliged him - in his own inimitable fashion.

I don't feel like reading this whole thread but I think this whole thing is a joke.

To me this just continues the pussification of NASCAR. I'd rather see Kurt Busch threatening people instead of Carl Edwards being out of yet another race but making sure he mentions that he wants to eat a Subway sandwich.

Kurt IS a jerk. That has been well established over time. But please don't try to defend Pockrass, cause he knew exactly what he was stepping into when he asked that question. Kurt just obliged him - in his own inimitable fashion.

I am neutral on Pockrass and I have no need to defend him. I don't watch talking heads are hardly know how twitter works so really I am dispassionate on him.
But Kurt still has a responsibility to avoid making threats against a reporter. He is capable of just saying no comment.

I don't feel like reading this whole thread but I think this whole thing is a joke.

To me this just continues the pussification of NASCAR. I'd rather see Kurt Busch threatening people instead of Carl Edwards being out of yet another race but making sure he mentions that he wants to eat a Subway sandwich.

I wish Kurt would try to talk to Carl like he talked to Pockrass, or Fryer. His selection is revealing, he is the essence of the pussification. He's not what he pretends to be, and the so called chemical imbalance is nothing more than the manipulation of a coward.

I would pay money to see Kurt try his games against Carl, his problems would have already been solved without a suspension, he might would even still have a good ride.

You have the power to move on, without a need for administrator emancipation. You can fly high, and you can be free with or without this thread.

True.
Now resume your troglodytic posts where you advocate violence as a solution to problems.:D

Back
Top Bottom