All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not emotional, why don't you dogg the other 25 losers in the cup series? fair is fair...or is it? Danica is an easy target because she is a woman and most people like you, think they don't belong
Noooo... it's because.. just like Petty said... if she was a guy... no one would even know she was there... so even though shes running with the "25 other losers in the cup series"... she undeservingly has the fame of a top 10 driver........ THAT is why she's an easy target.

You know any other cup drivers who are more famous for their pictures bent over in a bikini than their driving ability? I sure don't...

She used her body to get her where she is... and she's surprised now that people look at her like a piece of meat? If she can produce some results then maybe she can get past that..

I know when I think of her the first picture that pops into my head damn sure ain't of her in a fire suit. I'm sure I'm not the only one... she's a joke.

Noooo... it's because.. just like Petty said... if she was a guy... no one would even know she was there... so even though shes running with the "25 other losers in the cup series"... she undeservingly has the fame of a top 10 driver........ THAT is why she's an easy target.

You know any other cup drivers who are more famous for their pictures bent over in a bikini than their driving ability? I sure don't...

She used her body to get her where she is... and she's surprised now that people look at her like a piece of meat? If she can produce some results then maybe she can get past that..

I know when I think of her the first picture that pops into my head damn sure ain't of her in a fire suit. I'm sure I'm not the only one... she's a joke.

What do you suppose a tiger thinks when he sees a picture of Danica ??? Probably wants to know what brand shampoo she uses :laugh:

Nope

Ehh, I think the whole "Danica only gets noticed because she's female" argument is a little silly. When you're the only female running full time in the Cup Series and you drive for a somewhat high profile team, it's a given that you're gonna be noticed a little more than a Travis Kvapil or a David Gilliland. Nevermind the fact that she was Indycar's most popular driver from 2005 to 2010, is still currently the highest finishing woman in Indy 500 history, and was the first woman to ever win an Indycar race. (And don't give me that "but, she only did it on fuel mileage" nonsense. Last I checked, the wins all count the same in the record books.) Yes, I know this is NASCAR and not Indycar, and none of that stuff makes her a good NASCAR driver. I'm just saying that Indycar was her initial claim to fame and her success there as a female and her popularity there is why she has the name recognition she has now, so to imply that she is totally undeserving of the fanbase she has is also silly.

Is she the greatest driver in NASCAR, or even top 10? Heck no, and I don't see any of her supporters claiming that - at least, not on this forum. But I swear, some of y'all on the other side act like she's just some model that showed up at Tony Stewart's office one day in a bikini looking for a Cup ride and got one. LOL.

Nice try but no cigar. It's no secret that she is struggling in the driving department. But, we were discussing her marketing and her popularity dept. As far as her ever getting nude...i'm not a doctor but i will take a look.

I akways thought if they took extra effort to be looked at, that a gentleman should honour their wishes.

But I swear, some of y'all on the other side act like she's just some model that showed up at Tony Stewart's office one day in a bikini looking for a Cup ride and got one. LOL.

I wouldn't go that far, but I was shocked at how little she even knew about stock car racing when she first came to nascar. She was clueless about things like drafting when she made her first start at Daytona in the NW series. On the radio she was saying she was more comfortable 2 or 3 car lengths behind the car in front of her, and her coach/CC had to explain to her how drafting works and that she had to get as close to the car in front of her as possible in order to keep up.
Hell 99% of the people watching that race knew that, and she seemed clueless about it. You'd think she would have studied the series a bit before she started "racing" in it.

She gave an interview after her first few NW starts saying she would eventually run a full season in NW, then move up to Cup full time, as if it were just a matter of fact thing.
The thought that she had to show she was worthy of being in the Cup series by being competitive enough to be there wasn't even a consideration.

Have you ever heard of a driver that has never even run a full season in NW, talk about how they would move up to the Cup series after a year as if it were an automatic deal?

I never have because most drivers have to show they are worthy of being there, so they would never say something so absurd.

This just goes to show that it doesn't matter how competitive she is or isn't. With Danica, all that matters is that she is in the race so she and nascar can rake in millions in merchandise sale and use her to attract interest in the sport.

I wouldn't go that far, but I was shocked at how little she even knew about stock car racing when she first came to nascar. She was clueless about things like drafting when she made her first start at Daytona in the NW series. On the radio she was saying she was more comfortable 2 or 3 car lengths behind the car in front of her, and her coach/CC had to explain to her how drafting works and that she had to get as close to the car in front of her as possible in order to keep up.
Hell 99% of the people watching that race knew that, and she seemed clueless about it. You'd think she would have studied the series a bit before she started "racing" in it.

She gave an interview after her first few NW starts saying she would eventually run a full season in NW, then move up to Cup full time, as if it were just a matter of fact thing.
The thought that she had to show she was worthy of being in the Cup series by being competitive enough to be there wasn't even a consideration.

Have you ever heard of a driver that has never even run a full season in NW, talk about how they would move up to the Cup series after a year as if it were an automatic deal?

I never have because most drivers have to show they are worthy of being there, so they would never say something so absurd.

This just goes to show that it doesn't matter how competitive she is or isn't. With Danica, all that matters is that she is in the race so she and nascar can rake in millions in merchandise sale and use her to attract interest in the sport.
Her Cup ride was bought and paid for by GoDaddy before she ever finished IndyCar; there was very little development planning. Even last year she was supposed to run 5-10 Nationwide races with Turner Scott Motorsports to get more seat time and she ended doing only the spring Daytona and Talladega races (like that helps at all). Drivers like Vickers have to earn their way (back) into the series. Sad but true.

Brad Keselowski disagrees with Richard Petty. Sort of.

From Bob Pockrass, via Twitter

"Keselowski indicated that Danica can win plate race. Hasn't seen anything yet to show she can win yet at other tracks in Cup. #nascar"

First questions to Patrick @ Media Day today are all about RP's comments.

BgW1K8fIUAE_bh4.jpg:large

I am a little surprised that Richard made such a low class remark like he did. I would have thought better from him. Maybe he is just trying to light a fire under her azz to help her step her program up.:D

Danica Patrick shrugs off criticism from Richard Petty

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — Danica Patrick won’t use recent comments by NASCAR Hall of Famer Richard Petty to motivate her to win a Sprint Cup race.

There’s a pretty simple reason for that, she said. It’s no disrespect to the seven-time Cup champion and possibly the sport’s biggest ambassador.

“You can’t try any harder in the car,” Patrick said Thursday during NASCAR Media Day. “I think that’s something every driver would tell you. When someone questions our effort level, you can’t try any harder.

“You’re doing everything you can. Maybe subconsciously there’s some motivation, but I can’t tell. I’m giving it my all every single time I get in the car. … It is what it is. People are entitled to their opinions, and that’s fine.”

Read the rest here

I am a little surprised that Richard made such a low class remark like he did. I would have thought better from him. Maybe he is just trying to light a fire under her azz to help her step her program up.:D

Me too, but I love it anyway. Owners typically stay away from making comments about other driver,...... except Jack.

People throw the 'woman hater' thing around a lot, but Kyle and Richard seem to have a problem with it all. Hell, it took Kyle 5 or 6 years to win a cup race. Never won in NW either.

Danica should make things right and kick the crap outa Kyle Petty, Take that Richard

Yep, I don't think anyone would have expected her to respond any differently than that.

Say what you will about Danica, but she handles all the criticism and negativity she receives like a champ.
You are correct, She handles it well. Of course if I made the money she does for riding around each sunday, I would handle it well too. I could stay at home and laugh it off as I counted my money and laughed at all the haters.

You are correct, She handles it well. Of course if I made the money she does for riding around each sunday, I would handle it well too. I could stay at home and laugh it off as I counted my money and laughed at all the haters.

Nobody would hate you. You're not a woman. ;)

Nobody would hate you. You're not a woman. ;)
Yea I hear ya, I read somewhere she was #7 on the highest paid drivers of Nascar. That sorta says it all.
Hey, good for her right??????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You should also know( and I'm sure you do) that most of her money comes from off track endorsements and" photo shoots".o_Oo_O

Yea I hear ya, I read somewhere she was #7 on the highest paid drivers of Nascar. That sorta says it all.
Hey, good for her right??????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You should also know( and I'm sure you do) that most of her money comes from off track endorsements and" photo shoots".o_Oo_O

Sounds like someone *coughjrcough* else we know. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom