All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make a fair point. Junior and Menard have done more than Danica has done. Those two have also been around a lot longer than Danica has, though.

As for my man Kurt, yeah, he's gone through hell to get to SHR, but he brought most of that hell upon himself. He started out at Roush and even when he screwed up and got fired from there, he had Rusty's car waiting for him at Penske. Again, I see your point but that probably wasn't the best example to use.

For sure. He complained in 2010 that he didn't have a chance an HMS ride because he wasn't a pretty boy, but it likely was his terrible attitude that held him back.

well, if you WERE interested in them, it would surely end with a chase on foot while the 'young WOMAN' screams "Mommy, save me from the creepy man with the candy". ;)

U ever see an old man with yellow pumps on try to run ????

This may
I've weighed in on Danica before, but since this thread is basically a retread of the original, I suppose I'll say my piece again.

I like Danica, but she was moved up to Cup way too quickly. Cup is where the money's at, though, and ultimately, money talks. It's not her fault, though. She's only taking advantage of the amazing opportunity that's been given to her, justly or not. Yes, a big part of why she got it is probably because she is an attractive woman, and as such, she is very marketable and capable of making corporations like GoDaddy plenty of money. Yes, there are other drivers out there that deserve to be given a shot in a decent ride like she has been given - perhaps even more so than her. Unfortunately, none of us own or sponsor a NASCAR team, so it's not our money and we don't get to make those calls. As with the new championship format, it is what it is whether we like it or not.

I will say this: Danica was the reason I began casually following Indycar again, while she was there, anyway. I saw a woman competing in a sport where pretty much all of the other competitors are dudes, and I noticed that whenever I would stumble upon a race and tune in, she would usually be running anywhere from 6th to maybe 9th, and I was somewhat impressed. I know that basically translates to mid-pack since there were only about 20 cars in every race, but as a casual fan that wasn't a front runner, I didn't care about that. As I began to watch more, I started liking Tony Kanaan too, because he was good and I thought he looked like Vin Diesel, so they became my two favorite drivers. (Remember, casual fan. LOL.)

The reason I bring that up is because if Danica could draw me to Indycar racing, surely she can draw other new fans to NASCAR racing.

This may be way off base but I think this is why some are pissed at the direction of Nascar. The thought that someone would put a driver in the car the was inferior, or didnt give them the best chance at winning or being more competitive, Is Just crazy. That should be the goal of every race team(it used to)l but today not so. As Long as the dollars are right then who cares where she finishes. The sport is now measured by dollars not on track success. None of this is her fault, I don't think anyone blames her.She is a product of the environment that Nascar has created.

JMHO

This may

This may be way off base but I think this is why some are pissed at the direction of Nascar. The thought that someone would put a driver in the car the was inferior, or didnt give them the best chance at winning or being more competitive, Is Just crazy. That should be the goal of every race team(it used to)l but today not so. As Long as the dollars are right then who cares where she finishes. The sport is now measured by dollars not on track success. None of this is her fault, I don't think anyone blames her.She is a product of the environment that Nascar has created.

JMHO
I agree with most of your post but on here and elsewhere there are plenty of posters that unfairly blame her and her only.

Last edited:
So what should she do now ?? exit the sport like Travis Pastrana did or just keep plugging along. Being a "back marker" has to suck, I cant imagine how she could be happy in her position but she probably isnt a quitter either. I really do not envy her

So what should she do now ?? exit the sport like Travis Pastrana did or just keep plugging along. Being a "back marker" has to suck, I cant imagine how she could be happy in her position but she probably isnt a quitter either. I really do not envy her

Pastrana was going broke. Danica would be crazy to walk away from what GoDaddy and nascar inc pay her to be in the sport.

Pastrana was going broke. Danica would be crazy to walk away from what GoDaddy and nascar inc pay her to be in the sport.

I realize that but dont you think that actually being competitive may be important to her ???? I think it was important to Pastrana

I realize that but dont you think that actually being competitive may be important to her ???? I think it was important to Pastrana
I firmly believe that if Pastrana had plenty of money to throw away he would still be in the sport trying to become a better driver.

Maybe at some point she'll realize what being competitive actually is. Right now she seems to be perfectly happy soaking up the false praise and cashing her checks.

I want to puke every time she yammers about 'the team' making the cars faster rather than 'I need to learn to drive what I have'.

Her fans will continue to secure her ride, but those comments aren't a good sign for her future RACING success in nascar.

I firmly believe that if Pastrana had plenty of money to throw away he would still be in the sport trying to become a better driver.

Yes, but the biggest difference between Pastrana and Danica is Pastrana admitted he was the problem with team performance. I really respected him for that. He actually got up on the wheel and tried to get all he could out of the car. Danica never has come close to risking a wreck to get faster.

Maybe at some point she'll realize what being competitive actually is. Right now she seems to be perfectly happy soaking up the false praise and cashing her checks.

I want to puke every time she yammers about 'the team' making the cars faster rather than 'I need to learn to drive what I have'.

Her fans will continue to secure her ride, but those comments aren't a good sign for her future RACING success in nascar.

I would not be able to go to work and get paid for a job that I wasnt good at, Some things are just more important than money. Come to think of it though NOBODY ever offered me millions to do a job that I wasnt good at :laugh:

I would not be able to go to work and get paid for a job that I wasnt good at, Some things are just more important than money. Come to think of it though NOBODY ever offered me millions to do a job that I wasnt good at :laugh:
Yep.

Travis is an extremely talented young man but he isnt a stock car driver. Im pretty sure when he decided to race Nascar he thought that it was going to be easy, Danica may have thought so too for that matter.

I'm not any good at down hill skiing either but offer me enough money and "Geronimo Here I Come".

Maybe It's because we've never seen a driver being stomped in the mud for no reason by the haters like she has, not even kybu, kubu or even Stephen Wallace etc.

Jeff Gordon 95-2000.

The Danica "hate" doesn't even come close to the nutjobs that hated Gordon back then.

Jeff Gordon 95-2000.

The Danica "hate" doesn't even come close to the nutjobs that hated Gordon back then.

They threw beer cans at him when he won Phoenix, I couldnt believe how pissed people were

I agree with most of your post but on here and elsewhere there are plenty of posters that unfairly blame her and her only.

And on the flip side of that there are a few posters on here that will say you are hating on Danica for making BamaFan's point.

Jeff Gordon 95-2000.

I don't remember the personal hate being this bad for Gordon and I've been a fan since I was at my then driver Richard Petty's last race at Atlanta and Gordon's first cup race, saw him driving sideways around the track and so he was my new driver. A lot of people hated him but not with near this much abhorrence.

I don't remember the personal hate being this bad for Gordon and I've been a fan since I was at my then driver Richard Petty's last race at Atlanta and Gordon's first cup race, saw him driving sideways around the track and so he was my new driver. A lot of people hated him but not with near this much abhorrence.

I went to lots of races back then and was active on a couple nascar forums, and the hate for him at that time was over the top. It seemed like the "thing to do" to hate Gordon. But as a Gordon fan I took it in stride. I didn't make an issue of it.

Dale Jr and Kyle Busch have had more "hate" thrown their way than Danica has ever seen. It's part of every sport. You have teams you like, and teams you don't like for whatever reason. Does their need to be a valid reason not to like a certain team/driver?

Lots of people don't like JJ because he wins too many championships. Is that a valid reason not to like him? If not should we make an issue of that too?

I see no reason Danica should get a pass on things that most drives deal with on a regular basis from the fans.

I went to lots of races back then and was active on a couple nascar forums, and the hate for him at that time was over the top. It seemed like the "thing to do" to hate Gordon. But as a Gordon fan I took it in stride. I didn't make an issue of it.

Dale Jr and Kyle Busch have had more "hate" thrown their way than Danica has ever seen. It's part of every sport. You have teams you like, and teams you don't like for whatever reason. Does their need to be a valid reason not to like a certain team/driver?

Lots of people don't like JJ because he wins too many championships. Is that a valid reason not to like him? If not should we make an issue of that too?

I see no reason Danica should get a pass on things that most drives deal with on a regular basis from the fans.
I disagree.

Ok so you guys are more concerned with her getting nude than her driving ability...got it.
Nice try but no cigar. It's no secret that she is struggling in the driving department. But, we were discussing her marketing and her popularity dept. As far as her ever getting nude...i'm not a doctor but i will take a look.

They threw beer cans at him when he won Phoenix, I couldnt believe how pissed people were
That was Jr. fans, they started doing that at Talladega when he kept beating Jr and it spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom