All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If they painted it a different color … I can sort of deal with it, but I don’t want to see the black number three just like Dale’s. But that’s not my decision.”

Sounds reasonable to me. Besides, I don't want to see Austin hung from a tree as he leaves the track.

They put the white 3 on a black background to honor* Dale.

*Honor... make a mountain of money in merchandise sales.

Ehh, JPM and Ambrose were both already exceptional road racers. Plus, obviously the majority of NASCAR races are on ovals and neither one of them has won a NASCAR race on an oval as of yet, though JPM came really close a few times and Ambrose is capable of running top 10 sometimes.
Montoya made the Chase in 2009 in Ganassi crap. No wild card - he flat raced his way in. Pretty sure he had to perform on ovals to do that. He was/is underrated.

We're about to see what those cars can really do. If Kyle Larson doesn't win ROTY and isn't competitive, it will be safe to say Ganassi cars aren't capable of competing.

Larson spent a lot of time out front at the Charlotte test, and Jmac was fast too. But some teams don't have the personel to keep getting faster as the season goes on. RPM is a perfect example the past 2 seasons.

Montoya made the Chase in 2009 in Ganassi crap. No wild card - he flat raced his way in. Pretty sure he had to perform on ovals to do that. He was/is underrated.

We're about to see what those cars can really do. If Kyle Larson doesn't win ROTY and isn't competitive, it will be safe to say Ganassi cars aren't capable of competing.
No arguments here. Juan ran very well that year. Either way, as I said in the second paragraph of the post you're responding to, that type of performance should be considered the exception and not the rule for anyone just starting out in NASCAR.

DSCF1809-300x277.jpg
7g.JPG
Hmmmmm ............ somebody needs new spectacles :laugh:

Personal Daytona dash race prayer

Please Lord dont let Danica win, I know she can at Daytona.
But it would ruin me at the Race Forums, I dont want to have to eat that much crow.

Personal Daytona dash race prayer

Please Lord dont let Danica win, I know she can at Daytona.
But it would ruin me at the Race Forums, I dont want to have to eat that much crow.
I told all of ya'll that I have 3 ton's on order. :cool:

Danica done good last night IMO Its not her fault that her boyfriend cant see over his steering wheel

I noticed something about the way Danica was racing last night. I noticed she didn't try to make any real moves, and basically stayed in line and played it safe. But it worked well for her as the cars at the front would get shuffled out of line and she kept moving up because of that.

If she plays it safe and just stays in line and waits for things to happen at the front, which I think she will, she should get a decent finish in the 500.

I noticed something about the way Danica was racing last night. I noticed she didn't try to make any real moves, and basically stayed in line and played it safe. But it worked well for her as the cars at the front would get shuffled out of line and she kept moving up because of that.

If she plays it safe and just stays in line and waits for things to happen at the front, which I think she will, she should get a decent finish in the 500.

She is pretty damned good at dodging wrecks too

She is pretty damned good at dodging wrecks too

I hope you forgot the sarcasm emote. She came from 20 lengths back, hit the apron, and barely made it thru. People say Jr sucks, but he got there sooner and drove by on the apron without all the drama. She barely clipped the gas and started yanking on the wheel.

In defense of Ricky Stenhouse Patrick he could have been dazed and confused from impact when he nailed Danica.

I just dont believe he is is dumb enough (even though he drives a Ford) to nail her like he did.

I realize Danica Patricks nation is depressed. And nothing I can say will assuage the internal deep down to the core, guts, large and small intestine pain filled horrendous agony that will surely plague them to their deaths. And beyond to the sons of the sons, grand childrens to grandchildrens, village to villiage, nation to nation, continent to continent.
Truly we are suffered and feel the anguish throughout our innards. (Perhaps a read of Psalm 23 would comfort many).

During the senseless times I know hanging Ricky Stenhouse Patrick would comfort many tonight, perhaps all of North America (and really losing a Ford wouldnt harm the competition up front :)).

But I would ask the posse to spare Mr Stenhouse Patrick this time.

I hope you forgot the sarcasm emote. She came from 20 lengths back, hit the apron, and barely made it thru. People say Jr sucks, but he got there sooner and drove by on the apron without all the drama. She barely clipped the gas and started yanking on the wheel.

Cant you throw her a bone once in a while :rolleyes:

I hope she wins on a road track this year and an 1.5 so all you DHs will shut up about her for 5 minutes, she didn't get where she is just because she looks good. Yeh she has a lot to learn still, but I'd love to see any one of you guys here try to drive through that wreck trying to slow down from 195. You would all be toast!

Thought I was the only one that saw that.

I hope she wins on a road track this year and an 1.5 so all you DHs will shut up about her for 5 minutes...

Might as well hope you get elected king of the world while you're at it.
You have as much chance at that as Danica does at winning on a road course and a 1.5er.

Might as well hope you get elected king of the world while you're at it.
You have as much chance at that as Danica does at winning on a road course and a 1.5er.
I dunno she is decent on the road courses, she just might surprise you. Seriously don't get why every one gets on her case, she obviously has talent or she wouldn't of run Indy car or made it this far to cup. Seriously a bunch testesterone in here sometimes that is uncalled for.

I dunno she is decent on the road courses, she just might surprise you. Seriously don't get why every one gets on her case, she obviously has talent or she wouldn't of run Indy car or made it this far to cup. Seriously a bunch testesterone in here sometimes that is uncalled for.

You don't get it? lol

I think most people have stated very clearly why they don't like her in the Cup series. You may not agree with it, but if you don't get why people are "on her case", and just chalk it up to uncalled for testosterone, I have to think you aren't paying attention to what some people have actually said.

You don't get it? lol

I think most people have stated very clearly why they don't like her in the Cup series. You may not agree with it, but if you don't get why people are "on her case", and just chalk it up to uncalled for testosterone, I have to think you aren't paying attention to what some people have actually said.

Don't you know what the term 'I don't get it' means?

some of us haven't seen what you call Talent, I have seen plenty of what I call no talent or lack of talent and it isn't getting any better.....therin lies the rub. and I wouldn't care so much if she was in a car to match her talent level, the corporate/political crap I can't go for. Racing,..Nascar racing anyway, is getting like stick n ball where jocks can get away with almost anything with a little corporate spin, the masses buy the lie. The thing is, she has lined her pockets and Indycar and now Nascar, corporate America's darling of the day. But this too shall pass..just a matter of time.

You don't get it? lol

BS dude, a lot of people are pissing on her because she is a woman invading a mans' sport ....so lets just call it like it is.

Context is everything. In this case, "I don't understand the criticism because the reasons for it don't make sense to me" would be the correct answer.

Pretty sure I said that in my post, but thanks for clearing that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom