All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! And, just a little over 5 mph off the lead in ten lap averages. Hanging in there tight, only slightly off the pace set by such notables as Mears, Menard and Allgaier.

The GoDaddy Girl is ready for this one!

Yes! And, just a little over 5 mph off the lead in ten lap averages. Hanging in there tight, only slightly off the pace set by such notables as Mears, Menard and Allgaier.

The GoDaddy Girl is ready for this one!

You can take the negative side if you wish , but I'm thinkin that if 36 other drivers couldn't post a better 10 lap average , than Danica must have it going on. :)

Negative? Certainly not! There was no way of knowing the other 26 mentioned, and a few more, were sandbagging.

She has a solid in-the-field position near the top thirty, comfortably within the average starting positions she's earned in her four previous cup starts at Phoenix. That, is consistency and a solid foundation for future performances.

Things are well in hand and Team 10 is ready to continue the fight for the 27th position in points.

Well done.

You can take the negative side if you wish , but I'm thinkin that if 36 other drivers couldn't post a better 10 lap average , than Danica must have it going on. :)

Seven cars posted a 10 lap average she was 7th fastest among that group
Screenshot_2014-11-07-19-16-01.png

We find many positives for Driver 10 going into today's event in Arizona. A chance to perform in front of her primary sponsor. More time with a new crew chief that speaks her language. The chosen racing machine is well tested. A grueling 312 mile race befitting her open wheel roots in races of torturous duration. A true test of woman and machine. A great starting position of 32nd followed by an even better 27th in Happy Hour where she mixed it up with the boys, leading the bottom third of those making 10 consecutive lap runs.

Raw statistics give a false impression of her performance at Phoenix. Her average finish in the low thirties is misleading. The GoDaddy Girl recorded a top 17 in her first cup appearance. In the '13 running of the Subway Fresh Fit 500 (K) she improved on her 40th, on owner's points, start with a solid 39th finish despite a blown Goodyear tire resulting in a wrecked SHR Chevrolet. After qualifying, on time, in 32nd , for the '13 edition of the AdvoCare 500 (K) she had fought her way into the twenties although only four drivers who qualified faster had fallen out of the race. Unfortunately, a less talented driver clumsily wrecked her. With a crippled GoDaddy Chevy she still managed to bring in a 33rd, just one position lower than her start. Impressive.

Early in this season, she again qualified solidly on time in 33rd for the classic, The Profit on CNBC 500 (K). Her race, however, would play out much as her last at the scenic venue. A wreck, not of her making, damaged her race car but again, her ability to drive under adverse conditions salvaged a top 36 finish.

So, as fans can see, a careful, objective analysis reveals how well Driver 10 has done on what is formerly her home track under the circumstances dealt her. Observers are looking forward to Patrick and Stenhouse, Jr.'s march to the front as they battle for 27th in points standings going into Miami. It'll be thrilling.

64,000 views to this thread this year . But it's always somebody else that overhypes her . Seems like Danica is the most popular driver on this forum , by a mile . Let's see if we can talk about her any less in 2015 . Any bets ?

Certainly GoDaddy.com is proud of their little girl. While not quite up to her top 17 finish of two years ago, today's mid mid-pack, lead lap run was, with exceptions, a success and, once again, an improvement over her previous four races on this tough track.

Though she fought hard, NASCAR's repeated debris cautions played havoc with her well planned race strategy. Completely beyond her control and not her fault. The bottom line – she lost points to Stenhouse, Jr. Driver 10's 28th points position is mathematically secure. With that in the bank, points racing is no longer a concern. She'll be free to throw caution to the wind and go for the victory.

So, there it is. No more Miss Nice Guy. She knows what she has to do, Newman told her. Nothing personal towards Stenhouse, Jr., just business.

Don't miss the game seven excitement. There is going to be a performance by both racers that will surely vault them into the Hall of Fame. First Ballot.

Date: Nov. 9, 2014
Event: Phoenix 500k (Round 35 of 36)
Series: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Start/Finish: 32nd/22nd (Running, completed 312 of 312 laps)
Point Standing: 28th (709 points)
Winner: Kevin Harvick of Stewart-Haas Racing

Danica Patrick came back from a lap down and survived an accident not of her making to finish a respectable 22nd in Sunday’s Phoenix 500k NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Phoenix International Raceway.

Patrick, driver of the No. 10 GoDaddy Chevrolet for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR), started 32nd but soon worked her way into the top-20.

While things were good early, the handling on her GoDaddy Chevy seemed to fade during the 60-lap green-flag run during the middle portion of the race. She got down a lap at one point and then was involved in an accident on lap 213, when Kyle Busch hit the wall and then was clipped by Clint Bowyer in turn two. Patrick and Joey Logano made contact trying to avoid the incident, and Patrick had some damage to the right front of her car.

She pitted for quick repairs by the GoDaddy crew, led by crew chief Daniel Knost, and got back out on the course without losing additional laps. Patrick and her team then took the wave-around when the cautions kept coming out late, ending up 22nd when the checkered flag fell.

“We were on the lead lap, which has been a struggle here lately,” Patrick said. “The GoDaddy car was good early on, but I think the track got tight later on. We finished decent. It’s always important to run well here because of GoDaddy, so I’ll take it. Daniel and the crew worked well together, and so that was good. We are ready for Homestead.”

Danica should be in the chase, only 26 led laps behind Newman and much better looking.

Danica should be in the chase, only 26 led laps behind Newman and much better looking.

She couldn't overcome the oppression of the shoe throwing illuminati. Or the oppressive mafia that wouldn't let her run the All star showdown race, they knew she would dominate the race.

The writer could have given Patrick a little more credit for the outstanding job she did at Phoenix. Perhaps the humble personalities of the other three SHR drivers influenced her/his style. So be it.

An examination of the record reveals a much more impressive outing for The Roscoe Rockette.

By the caution on lap 82, Patrick had battled her way to 25th. The caution flag flew on lap 88 and under the chaotic conditions of pit road she gained 10 positions to 15th for the restart on lap 88. Quite an accomplishment for a driver only making her 81st cup start.

Holding a position within the top 20 until the next caution, on lap 97 for debris, she had only lost three positions to 18th. She certainly did run solidly in the top 20 over that long span of laps.

By lap 120, she was back to a comfortable 26th, logging laps while waiting to make her move. Hard racing kept her in that range for the reminder of event, even through heavy collision damage - not of her making - suffered by her racing machine on lap 213.

The summary could have been written by Patrick. She's not the type of woman to bang her own drum. She lets her driving do the talking, just as she did Sunday past.

2013 Points Position: 27th
2014 Points Position: 28th

If she keeps improving, she might finish 29th in points next year. :p

Wimmin are useless . They can't race and they make too much money . On the up side , interest in Danica on this forum has never been higher . Hoping for 65,000 views by the end of this month . 70,000 by the end of the year. Go Danica .

Wimmin are useless . They can't race and they make too much money . On the up side , interest in Danica on this forum has never been higher . Hoping for 65,000 views by the end of this month . 70,000 by the end of the year. Go Danica .

You have a male nurse? ;)

You have a male nurse? ;)
The only thing i can think of that would be better then getting a nice soothing sponge bath by a hot looking female nurse would be getting a nice soothing sponge bath by 5 hot looking female nurses. "Sorry" now i'm just fantasizing. But, that seems to happen to me a lot here in the Danica thread.:D

Last edited:
Ford 400 Pre-Report
(Nov. 12, 2014) – It’s difficult to believe it was just 40 weeks ago that the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series schedule started. And while Danica Patrick drove most of the races in GoDaddy green, and two in an Aspen Dental blue car, this week she has the colors of the Florida Lottery on board.

The No. 10 Florida Lottery/GoDaddy Chevrolet SS for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) will feature the orange-and-pink color scheme of the Florida Lottery on the front of the car, joining the GoDaddy green on the back. It is part of a two-race package as Florida Lottery was on the car at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway in July.

This weekend’s Sprint Cup season finale is a great opportunity for the Florida Lottery to increase awareness about its role in funding education and contributing to Florida’s economy. The Florida Lottery has generated more than $27 billion for education over its 26-year history, enabling more than 700,000 students to attend college through the Bright Futures Scholarship Program.

The Lottery also proudly supports the Classrooms First and Classrooms for Kids programs, which utilize Lottery revenue to fund school district projects for new construction, renovation, remodeling and major repair and maintenance of educational facilities. The Lottery reinvests nearly 98 percent of its revenue back into Florida’s economy through prize payouts, commissions to more than 13,000 Florida retailers, and transfers to education.

Patrick is hoping the car brings her good fortune as it did in Daytona.

While the July race was delayed one day because of rain, Patrick drove to an impressive eighth-place finish. The race was called after 112 of 160 laps due to more rain, but it was Patrick’s second top-10 finish of the three she has this year.

Patrick has improved in almost every category and is hoping she can score another good finish at Homestead to close out her sophomore season in Sprint Cup.

DANICA PATRICK, Driver of the No. 10 Florida Lottery/GoDaddy Chevrolet SS for Stewart-Haas Racing:

Overall thought on Homestead?

“I’m ready for it. It’s a mile and a half, but it’s unique in that it doesn’t have the dogleg. I’ve only run it once in Sprint Cup, but we got a top-20 and we’ve run well in Nationwide. We’ve qualified well in that series and had a top-15 in 2012. We finished second in IndyCar, so I’ve got some experience there, just not a lot in Sprint Cup.”

Florida Lottery joins you and the GoDaddy team this week. Talk about that.

“It’s nice to have Florida Lottery on the car with GoDaddy this week. They’ve done some stuff with me in the past and it’s nice to see them on board at Homestead. Hopefully, we can put together a good run with the car and get them and GoDaddy a good finish. That’s always the goal and one we are shooting for.”

How was your sophomore season in Sprint Cup?

“It’s been OK. We’ve improved in some areas and we haven’t in some, but we’re progressing. We’ve qualified better and I think we’ve raced better. We’re hoping for a good run at Homestead to finish off the year and get us ready for the break. We had a decent car last week and I hope we can do better at Homestead.”

Describe your Phoenix race last weekend.

“We were on the lead lap, which has been a struggle here, lately. The GoDaddy car was good early on, but I think the track got tight later. We finished decent. It’s always important to run well there because of GoDaddy, so I’ll take it. Daniel Knost (crew chief) and the crew worked well together, and so that was good.”

Are you ready for the season to be over?

“I’ve always said, I’ll never turn down a little time off. It will be good to get some rest. It’s a long season. It’s 40 weeks, with two off weekends. I’ve said for the last couple of weeks, I’m not tired from the season, I’m tired of the season. It will be nice to get away some and recharge for 2015.”

One more season with pitiful finishes and DAnica is gone. Mark my word. What a pathetic points standing she has and who she is in front of. Im embarassed for her. Its just pathetic. Danica, thanks for the flash in the pan for the media. Your ass is fixen to be unemployed. Your resume sucks. Chase Elliott would kick your ass right now and he has never ever been in a cup car in his life. Please go back to trucks or something and quit wasting our time. You cant cut it here Danica and the stats prove it.

I posted a pic of her in her new drivers suit in the Homestead thread. I like to go against the rules like that. ;)
her driver suit looks better than that car does
but it probably looks better at night

Last edited:
What is this?

"She's improved in every category, her cars are better than they were last year, but she's improved in every category on the list." Kevin Harvick, 10/15/14.

“Patrick has improved in almost every category and is hoping she can score another good finish at Homestead to close out her sophomore season in Sprint Cup.” SHR release, 11/12/14.

Outrageous! “Every” as opposed to “almost every?” Words have meaning and these are absolutely contradictory. Some disrespectful publicist currently employed by SHR should be fired for this! It could not be the same chassis selection reporter who correctly notes repaired race cars damaged in on-track collisions were involved in wrecks “not of her making.”

The observers of motor racing know Harvick's statement is accurate. This is, after all, The Danica being spoken of. Contact Stewart Haas Racing via social media and voice your displeasure with this travesty. Today!

What is this?

"She's improved in every category, her cars are better than they were last year, but she's improved in every category on the list." Kevin Harvick, 10/15/14.

“Patrick has improved in almost every category and is hoping she can score another good finish at Homestead to close out her sophomore season in Sprint Cup.” SHR release, 11/12/14.

Outrageous! “Every” as opposed to “almost every?” Words have meaning and these are absolutely contradictory. Some disrespectful publicist currently employed by SHR should be fired for this! It could not be the same chassis selection reporter who correctly notes repaired race cars damaged in on-track collisions were involved in wrecks “not of her making.”

The observers of motor racing know Harvick's statement is accurate. This is, after all, The Danica being spoken of. Contact Stewart Haas Racing via social media and voice your displeasure with this travesty. Today!

Ummm

That improvement is microscopic that even the very optimist would have a hard time noticing.

Statistically, she's doing the same, if not worst on her second year as the point standings show.

2013: 27TH
2014: 28TH

I guess she has led 10 more laps this year than last so I supposed that is some improvement.

Ummm

That improvement is microscopic that even the very optimist would have a hard time noticing.

Statistically, she's doing the same, if not worst on her second year as the point standings show.

2013: 27TH
2014: 28TH

I guess she has led 10 more laps this year than last so I supposed that is some improvement.
teds going to be on your ass, he goes all NOW when it comes to her. I think he could be a member.

More milestones reached . 5000 posts .....65000 views ....you guys can't post about anything else ? What is it with the constant Danica Love ? Post about guys for pete's sake . Guys are where it's at . Guys can DRIVE!

More milestones reached . 5000 posts .....65000 views ....you guys can't post about anything else ? What is it with the constant Danica Love ? Post about guys for pete's sake . Guys are where it's at . Guys can DRIVE!

You're right. I have 183 (Including this one) posts on this thread alone. I am ashamed of myself. :(

Seriously though. I had no idea how many times I've posted on this thread. :eek::oops:

THIRD in practice ? Come on NASCAR ...get her off the track . She's in the way of the better cars .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom