All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
She definitely needs to be more aggressive. It seemed like every race last year she just rode around getting lapped pretty early just trying to ride the race out without wrecking.

I'd rather see her pushing her car to/over the line and wrecking, than playing it safe going laps down riding the race out just so they can brag that she's finished the race.

She has to hang it out and cross the line and take a chance on wrecking to know where that line is.
Last year was the year she should have been doing that.

I expect her to attempt to do exactly that but she's also going to ruffle some feathers and will have to learn to be okay with that.

If she pisses someone off enough, will they go after her and get physical?

It doesn't matter to me how any driver gets their opportunity to race in nascar. Kyle got his chance because of his daddy. The Dillon boys got their chance because of their PopPop. Jr got his chance because of his daddy.
What matters is what they do with that opportunity once they get it. Kyle was competitive, just as the Dillon boys and Jr are. They proved themselves worthy of being there right from the start.

How many years does Danica need for anyone to decide if she is competitive enough to be in the Cup series?
The way I see it, if you have to even ask that question about a driver they don't belong in the Cup series.
I would say this is the year, if she doesn't show a marked improvement then Tony puts some one else in that car.

...Unfortunately in todays world those type of guys wouldn't make it past the local level, it is all about corporate dollars and "the look" to make it anywhere in Nascar these days!

But when I say Danica is an example of that you say I'm saying that because I don't want women in nascar.

But when I say Danica is an example of that you say I'm saying that because I don't want women in nascar.
All I'm saying is that because she is a woman she gets more criticism, that's all. If she were some other up and coming driver we certainly would not have 2 threads devoted to her!

All I'm saying is that because she is a woman she gets more criticism, that's all. If she were some other up and coming driver we certainly would not have 2 threads devoted to her!

If she hadn't been fast tracked into the Cup series specifically because she is a woman with no consideration for her ability to compete there, she wouldn't get so much criticism.

Some top 5's and top 10's would go a long way in shutting up her critics, don't you think?

If she hadn't been fast tracked into the Cup series specifically because she is a woman with no consideration for her ability to compete there, she wouldn't get so much criticism.

Some top 5's and top 10's would go a long way in shutting up her critics, don't you think?
The sponsor money had a lot to do with that, who wouldn't say no to the millions GoDaddy brought to the sport?

The sponsor money had a lot to do with that, who wouldn't say no to the millions GoDaddy brought to the sport?

Oh hell yes, I would jump on it too if I were her, and ride that money train until it died.

But when someone calls her out for what it really is, "I don't get" why some people jump to the conclusion that they don't want women in nascar.

I don't expect Tony to dump her at any point as long as he's cashing those massive checks from GoDaddy. And GoDaddy said they're going to be with her for a very long time.

That takes the pressure off her to produce good results knowing that she's set with full sponsorship for years to come no matter how uncompetitive she is.

Which brings us back to your statement that, for some drivers, all you need is the right look these days to make it in nascar.

I had made a comment in another thread about how the media (and Danica herself) still say that she's "learning", even though Sunday will be her 47th Cup start.

Please take a moment to review the following list:

Jamie McMurray
Brad Keselowski
Kevin Harvick
Denny Hamlin
Tony Stewart
Greg Biffle
Kyle Busch
Matt Kenseth
Trevor Bayne
Joey Logano
Jeff Gordon
Ryan Newman
Jimmie Johnson
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Carl Edwards

What do all these drivers have in common? They are all the active Sprint Cup drivers who got at least one win in their first 46 starts. In addition, Kasey Kahne got his first one in his 47th start, and Kurt Busch in his 48th.

Time to produce, Danica.

If she pisses someone off enough, will they go after her and get physical?

I dont think any of the drivers are dumb enough to go there, it would be career suicide for them and bad form too boot. Milka Duno did hit her with a towel though :laugh:

6f.jpg

She doesn't need to win. If she was competitive a lot of the criticism would stop.

I had made a comment in another thread about how the media (and Danica herself) still say that she's "learning", even though Sunday will be her 47th Cup start.

Jamie McMurray
Brad Keselowski
Kevin Harvick
Denny Hamlin
Tony Stewart
Greg Biffle
Kyle Busch
Matt Kenseth
Trevor Bayne
Joey Logano
Jeff Gordon
Ryan Newman
Jimmie Johnson
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Carl Edwards

What do all these drivers have in common? They are all the active Sprint Cup drivers who got at least one win in their first 46 starts. In addition, Kasey Kahne got his first one in his 47th start, and Kurt Busch in his 48th.

Time to produce, Danica.
somebody please send this to Danica's PR people

Jamie McMurray
Brad Keselowski
Kevin Harvick
Denny Hamlin
Tony Stewart
Greg Biffle
Kyle Busch
Matt Kenseth
Trevor Bayne
Joey Logano
Jeff Gordon
Ryan Newman
Jimmie Johnson
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Carl Edwards

Time to produce, Danica.

Like Larry Mac would say, Danica ain't never gonna be none of them.

Last edited:
She doesn't need to win. If she was competitive a lot of the criticism would stop.

No, it likely wont and all the head banging, foot stomping, women hater blaming, fist pounding, tear shedding, subject changing in the universe is not going to change that.

Basically, those who don't think she belongs in Nascar are going to have to get used to it just as those who defend her like she's their mother, sister, daughter or wife will as well.

Both sides are going to have to suck it up - at least for the time being.

No, it likely wont and all the head banging, foot stomping, women hater blaming, fist pounding, tear shedding, subject changing in the universe is not going to change that.

Basically, those who don't think she belongs in Nascar are going to have to get used to it just as those who defend her like she's their mother, sister, daughter or wife will as well.

She belongs in NASCAR but not the cup series. What awards has she earned to move her way up from lower tiers?

You mean that her 5 million big brothers are gonna have to lighten up ??? They let her date Ricky, shouldnt that account for something :rolleyes:

She belongs in NASCAR but not the cup series. What awards has she earned to move her way up from lower tiers?

NASCAR fans need to come to grips with the fact that it's more about Marketing and less about talent to make it to Cup. The good news that it still takes talent to win races (except restrictor plate tracks of course)

Better yet tony, put Danica in the equipment Petty had to deal with and see if she can wheel around those land yahts with no power steering, downforce, or brakes.

Jamie McMurray
Brad Keselowski
Kevin Harvick
Denny Hamlin
Tony Stewart
Greg Biffle
Kyle Busch
Matt Kenseth
Trevor Bayne
Joey Logano
Jeff Gordon
Ryan Newman
Jimmie Johnson
Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
Carl Edwards

Time to produce, Danica.
Now you can post drivers that got their first win after 48

Tony put the cards on the table, so the ball is in the Kings court now...let's see how he responds.:D

Sorry, have to disagree there.

NHRA fans don't crap on Erica Enders and Courtney Force because they are competitive and win events.

If Danica started winning and getting Top 10s, a lot of the criticism would die down.

Shirley Muldowney proved that women could drive a nitro dragster. I've seen very little misogynistic comments from NHRA fans in my life regarding women drivers.

If Danica or any woman driver ran up front regularly and won, it would silence the haters. Right now, she looks like she's in NASCAR because of her sponsor appeal. It wasn't that long ago that "yankees" weren't welcome in NASCAR. Then, Jeff Gordon came along and the good old boys didn't have much to complain about. The same thing will happen when Danica or another women driver starts winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom