All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Do you think she gets more money, a better ride and more media hype just because she's a woman?

Media hype is the main reason she gets so much flak, but there are woman haters here and there, but when someone says she really can't drive a stock car, her fans go right to 'woman hater' as a reflex reaction. Makes them seem like love sick puppies, IMO.

I guess we'll all have to deal with it the best we can. Hell, my coping technique is working just fine for me. :D

Just like Junior getting the ride he has ....right? Sure he won a couple of races, but has a great sponsor because of his last name. Look....I know danica is not the second coming of JJ, never will be, I do think she will win a couple of races in Cup before she is done, and I do think she has talent as a driver. I just think that she gets more flack because she is female in a the mans world of Nascar, it's pretty obvious , but if you and some others don't see that...fine. Like I said I just call it like I see it, just like any other posts I have on here.

Just like Junior getting the ride he has ....right? Sure he won a couple of races, but has a great sponsor because of his last name. Look....I know danica is not the second coming of JJ, never will be, I do think she will win a couple of races in Cup before she is done, and I do think she has talent as a driver. I just think that she gets more flack because she is female in a the mans world of Nascar, it's pretty obvious , but if you and some others don't see that...fine. Like I said I just call it like I see it, just like any other posts I have on here.

Yep, Jr "won a couple of races"...lol Your fanboy is showing.

Danica got that ride because she's a woman in a mans sport, and her sponsor makes sales by pimping her sexuality to make sales. I don't have a problem with it, but lets be as "honest" as you were with Jr.

This year she needs to show some REAL progress behind the wheel. Not a woman hater, just calling it how I see it.

That's how it is.

Yep, Jr "won a couple of races"...lol Your fanboy is showing.

Danica got that ride because she's a woman in a mans sport, and her sponsor makes sales by pimping her sexuality to make sales. I don't have a problem with it, but lets be as "honest" as you were with Jr.

This year she needs to show some REAL progress behind the wheel. Not a woman hater, just calling it how I see it.

That's how it is.
Yep totally agree! If she does well say makes the Chase or just misses do you think the critics will give her a break or will it continue more so?

Considering the lack of teams that could actually keep up with Petty enterprises and there now being 15 or more teams that can can keep up, .......Kyle was marginally better.

So Danica racing in basically a full blown HMS team with all the equipment and R&D that goes along with it isn't relative to what Kyle had back then. lol

If you say so.

Yep totally agree! If she does well say makes the Chase or just misses do you think the critics will give her a break or will it continue more so?

most will. Some wont.

It would be awesome if she makes the chase. Most are predicting a plate win first, and that could get her in. I would love it. Typically, she doesn't cause wrecks, so that's a good thing when racing chase drivers.

So Danica racing in basically a full blown HMS team with all the equipment and R&D that goes along with it isn't relative to what Kyle had back then. lol

If you say so.

Not when you're talking about finishing positions. I thought that was obvious.

If you say so.

Here's Kyle's first year results. I didn't count mechanical DNF's because they happened much, much more often back then.

rockingham, finished 8th, 6 laps down.
Bristol, finished 11th, 3 laps down.
Nashville, finished 7th, 3 laps down.
Charlotte, finished 5th, 4 laps down.

.......on and on. Tops 10's, multiple laps down. I bet Danica finished on the lead lap more last year than Kyle did in his first 3 years combined.

Come to think of it, Danica is WAY better than Kyle was.

Here's Kyle's first year results. I didn't count mechanical DNF's because they happened much, much more often back then.

.......on and on. Tops 10's, multiple laps down. I bet Danica finished on the lead lap more last year than Kyle did in his first 3 years combined.

Kyle got ten top 10 finishes, and placed 12th in the final point standings in his rookie year.
The competition level was what it was back then. Being laps down and finishing 8th is still finishing 8th, no?

Danica would have done better with equipment that wasn't as good as she has now?

Post Danica's rookie year stats now. lol

lol I may have just killed Gordonite with that last post. He's got nowhere to go!

he won 8 races, 8 more then she has won in Nascar

Huh? he started out in cup ran 5 races. Danica has been a rookie for 5 years. His first year in cup, 5 races, pure rookie, no experience at all at any Nascar series, his average finish was better than hers by far. His average finish was 17th, hers after two years in N'wide before cup was 28th. His first full year in cup he had a top 5, 7 top 10's when he ran a partial schedule his first two years. sparkle pony has yet to get one of those top 5's and one top 10. I don't know what you are smoking or drinking over there in Charlotte...Danica juice ****tail?

Oh please ...you could say the same for half the field in Cup, so you honestly don't think because she is a woman in a Mans sport that she doesn't get more flack??

I think that there are some - but not everyone - who absolutely feel that way. Speaking for myself only, I don't believe that she's lived up to the hype and don't feel that she should be given an exemption because of her gender.

You use kyle as an example, then tell me it isn't relative to the discussion when I show his rookie year stats to show he was at least competitive.

And you say because the equipment of the time when Kyle was a rookie saw cars finishing in the top 10 laps down, means those top 10's aren't a good indication of how good a driver was back then.

Nice spin. lol

he won 8 races, 8 more then she has won in Nascar

Huh? he started out in cup ran 5 races. Danica has been a rookie for 5 years. His first year in cup, 5 races, pure rookie, no experience at all at any Nascar series, his average finish was better than hers by far. His average finish was 17th, hers after two years in N'wide before cup was 28th. His first full year in cup he had a top 5, 7 top 10's when he ran a partial schedule his first two years. sparkle pony has yet to get one of those top 5's and one top 10. I don't know what you are smoking or drinking over there in Charlotte...Danica juice ****tail?

Kyle got ten top 10 finishes, and placed 12th in the final point standings in his rookie year.
The competition level was what it was back then. Being laps down and finishing 8th is still finishing 8th, no?

Danica would have done better with equipment that wasn't as good as she has now?

Post Danica's rookie year stats now. lol

Why would I do that? Oh yeah, so you can get an unfair comparison to make Kyle look good. :rolleyes:

Those STELLAR stats I posted are all after Kyle's 23rd cup start, NOT his 5th, as your buddy seems to think. :p

Kyle Petty won his first ARCA race.
Kyle was good at Rockingham and Dover which are technical tracks Good enough to stink up the show at Rockingham.

I know the Rock is off the schedule now, but who would ever think Danica has the potential to run near the front there.

Why would I do that? Oh yeah, so you can get an unfair comparison to make Kyle look good. :rolleyes:

Those STELLAR stats I posted are all after Kyle's 23rd cup start, NOT his 5th, as your buddy seems to think. :p

lol This is great. You bring Kyle into the discussion comparing him to Danica as an example of a driver that wasn't worthy of being in the Cup series, then want to dismiss all his stats showing he was competitive by saying it's not a fair comparison. :confused:

After reading these comments, it seems Kyle Petty was a real good driver worthy of a top ride.

Who knew?

Felix Sabates when he was relevant knew it as did Gary Nelson. They entered the 92 finale with a mathematical shot at the title.

Just to be clear he isnt among the greats not in the top 50, probably not even in the best 100 ever. And Richard Petty did fast track him, his early yeays was about 20% trial and 80% error.
But he wasnt the only one, Rudd came into cup racing very young. Some made it some didnt, Ronnie Hopkins Jr was pretty green too, and he didnt last.

In that era I think Bobby Allison groomed Davey better than any of the young drivers. He ran a lot of short track races in an old car that was ugly as sin, I wish I could find an image of the #23 camaro.

Back to Kyle P, he did in fact materalize into a good driver in the early 90s in spite of the snark that is directed at him. Tim Richmond jumped from open wheel into cup and he also developed even better than Petty. He wasnt a poor boy but he stated with 2nd tier or 3rd tier equipment in cup racing and proved what he could do with his pure talent.

I am not interested in trashing Danica but her skill set bears no resemblance. She is a brilliant marketer, an industry within herself a brand name in her own right. That isnt a bad thing or something to disrepect, she is an entrepreneur providing jobs, and business capital to SHR. She also seems very accessible and fan friendly for her fans.

Still the same she doesnt compare even to Kyle Pettys driving ability, and she doesn't demonstrate the potential. She is indeed a passive driver with no agression. She doesn't get on the wheel and take things, and there isnt a hint of even trying or being so wired. She is a stroker a field filler at best, only a tier above a start and parker.

If that makes me a woman hater, or misogynist just hand me my card. I would have to suspend my thoughts to define her any other way.

Felix Sabates when he was relevant knew it as did Gary Nelson. They entered the 92 finale with a mathematical shot at the title.

Just to be clear he isnt among the greats not in the top 50, probably not even in the best 100 ever. And Richard Petty did fast track him, his early yeays was about 20% trial and 80% error.
But he wasnt the only one, Rudd came into cup racing very young. Some made it some didnt, Ronnie Hopkins Jr was pretty green too, and he didnt last.

In that era I think Bobby Allison groomed Davey better than any of the young drivers. He ran a lot of short track races in an old car that was ugly as sin, I wish I could find an image of the #23 camaro.

Back to Kyle P, he did in fact materalize into a good driver in the early 90s in spite of the snark that is directed at him. Tim Richmond jumped from open wheel into cup and he also developed even better than Petty. He wasnt a poor boy but he stated with 2nd tier or 3rd tier equipment in cup racing and proved what he could do with his pure talent.

I am not interested in trashing Danica but her skill set bears no resemblance. She is a brilliant marketer, an industry within herself a brand name in her own right. That isnt a bad thing or something to disrepect, she is an entrepreneur providing jobs, and business capital to SHR. She also seems very accessible and fan friendly for her fans.

Still the same she doesnt compare even to Kyle Pettys driving ability, and she doesn't demonstrate the potential. She is indeed a passive driver with no agression. She doesn't get on the wheel and take things, and there isnt a hint of even trying or being so wired. She is a stroker a field filler at best, only a tier above a start and parker.

If that makes me a woman hater, or misogynist just hand me my card. I would have to suspend my thoughts to define her any other way.

Clarification or correction : Gary Nelson did the start up with Kyle Petty and Sabates prior to 92, but Pemberton was the CC in 1992 (not Nelson).

The bold was my main point. Why do Richard and Kyle have such a problem with how she got her ride when KP wasn't all that when he started. How many laps down top 10's do drivers get these days? Kyle lived on them for a year or 2.

Will Danica ever be as good as KP? I highly doubt it. But MW made a career of a couple of plate wins.

The bold was my main point. Why do Richard and Kyle have such a problem with how she got her ride when KP wasn't all that when he started. How many laps down top 10's do drivers get these days? Kyle lived on them for a year or 2.

Will Danica ever be as good as KP? I highly doubt it. But MW made a career of a couple of plate wins.
Yep and to be fair she was showing some promise in NW when she raced that one full year, another year of NW would done her good.

Michael Waltrip was/is a better driver than Danica too.

So Petty had different entry level requirements for his son, I fail to see how that matters. We could even class the young KP as a rich snot or whatever that had a birthright unlike Danica's more blue colored Genesis, but that was his son emotions or blood lines ruled the day.

But that doesnt change the truth he defined last week.

(Note Greg is very self impressed with his use of the word "genesis" in this post).

All this negative talk about Kyle makes my blood boil. Good thing I figured out you all was talking about the insignificant Kyle :D
Please carry on Im ok now :rolleyes:

All this negative talk about Kyle makes my blood boil. Good thing I figured out you all was talking about the insignificant Kyle :D

Miss Samantha in Avatar.

Miss Samantha in Avator

It doesn't matter to me how any driver gets their opportunity to race in nascar. Kyle got his chance because of his daddy. The Dillon boys got their chance because of their PopPop. Jr got his chance because of his daddy.
What matters is what they do with that opportunity once they get it. Kyle was competitive, just as the Dillon boys and Jr are. They proved themselves worthy of being there right from the start.

How many years does Danica need for anyone to decide if she is competitive enough to be in the Cup series?
The way I see it, if you have to even ask that question about a driver they don't belong in the Cup series.

I dont want Danica's first win come at a plate track, I mean , lets be honest, any driver on the lead lap on the last lap has a shot to win, I want her first win to come at any race track that is not Daytona or Talladega, I mean a race that goes the full distance.

It doesn't matter to me how any driver gets their opportunity to race in nascar. Kyle got his chance because of his daddy. The Dillon boys got their chance because of their PopPop. Jr got his chance because of his daddy.
What matters is what they do with that opportunity once they get it. Kyle was competitive, just as the Dillon boys and Jr are. They proved themselves worthy of being there right from the start.

How many years does Danica need for anyone to decide if she is competitive enough to be in the Cup series?
The way I see it, if you have to even ask that question about a driver they don't belong in the Cup series.

IMO, she just needs to show some life this year. Maybe push into the top 20 in points. Honestly, I would rather see her driving hard and slapping the wall as she learns where the limit is.

IMO, she just needs to show some life this year. Maybe push into the top 20 in points. Honestly, I would rather see her driving hard and slapping the wall as she learns where the limit is.
I would like to see her become a little more agressive also. I think if Tony would have her make a few laps in a dirt car it might help her on her car control.

I would like to see her become a little more agressive also. I think if Tony would have her make a few laps in a dirt car it might help her on her car control.

Maybe just take her testing in one of last years cars and don't make any changes until she learns a consistent line and is able to scrape the wall on exit without wrecking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom