All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
how did a thread on danica turn into kyle busch and hamsters???? :rolleyes:

What? Where did that conclusion come from in anything I've said in this forum? Sorry, try again.

I didn't say "there are no good ol boys" but that era is gone.

My point exactly... Everyone hated Gordon for not being a good ol boy and then he dominated all of the good ol boys. Now the sport attracts drivers that mimic Gordon.

I think your definition of "good ol' boys" in NA#CAR are 2 different definitions. My definition is about the people involved in NA$CAR mostly men that have been involved in the sport for more that 20-30 years that think women shouldn't be involved in NA$CAR period. The "good ol' boys" your talking about and Gordon I have no clue of what your speaking. I've been watching NA$CAR racing for so long that TWS was on the schedule and I don't recall any of my fellow NA$CAR fans hating on Gordon in fact I had some that were huge Gordon fans, hell even tho I was a Mark Martin fan in some races I even pulled for Gordon.

Now it's your turn to explain your definition of "good ol' boys".

I think your definition of "good ol' boys" in NA#CAR are 2 different definitions. My definition is about the people involved in NA$CAR mostly men that have been involved in the sport for more that 20-30 years that think women shouldn't be involved in NA$CAR period. The "good ol' boys" your talking about and Gordon I have no clue of what your speaking. I've been watching NA$CAR racing for so long that TWS was on the schedule and I don't recall any of my fellow NA$CAR fans hating on Gordon in fact I had some that were huge Gordon fans, hell even tho I was a Mark Martin fan in some races I even pulled for Gordon.

I think the point is that the vast majority of nascar drivers now aren't southern, working-class men.

My definition of the "good ol boys" are drivers and teams with the mindset of Dale Earnhardt, Cale Yarborough, Richard Petty, the Allison boys, Junior Johnson even Ward Burton etc... NASCAR is no longer bring watchu built in your backyard and race it. It's no longer a bible belt and midwest attraction. Its not longer fire and brimstone ideals. It's a politically correct, cleaned up, ladies and gentleman national sport that seeks out global attention.

Your bit about Jeff Gordon, the NASCAR audience were on extremes. You either loved the kid or you hated him. Just because your circle of friends rooted for him doesn't mean people did not hate his guts for coming in and taking all the old men to school. I vividly remember sitting in my aunt's trailer, surrounded by Earnhardt fans, watching Jeff Gordon win his 2001 championship and the whole room was cursing him like he was the worst thing to hit NASCAR since the COT. Now that Gordon is the final link to the Earnhardt era, he has more fans than he did in the 90s and early 2000s. Once he is gone you will see NASCAR flip everything around to place an "out with the old and in with the new" racing audience infront of the TVs.

" ok danica we changed the gears this
My definition of the "good ol boys" are drivers and teams with the mindset of Dale Earnhardt, Cale Yarborough, Richard Petty, the Allison boys, Junior Johnson even Ward Burton etc... NASCAR is no longer bring watchu built in your backyard and race it. It's no longer a bible belt and midwest attraction. Its not longer fire and brimstone ideals. It's a politically correct, cleaned up, ladies and gentleman national sport that seeks out global attention.

Your bit about Jeff Gordon, the NASCAR audience were on extremes. You either loved the kid or you hated him. Just because your circle of friends rooted for him doesn't mean people did not hate his guts for coming in and taking all the old men to school. I vividly remember sitting in my aunt's trailer, surrounded by Earnhardt fans, watching Jeff Gordon win his 2001 championship and the whole room was cursing him like he was the worst thing to hit NASCAR since the COT. Now that Gordon is the final link to the Earnhardt era, he has more fans than he did in the 90s and early 2000s. Once he is gone you will see NASCAR flip everything around to place an "out with the old and in with the new" racing audience infront of the TVs.

1.At your Aunts
2. sittin in a trailer
3. surrounded by earnhardt fans

I would be suprised and shocked if you didnt get that response. LOL

This would be considered normal from some of my race buddies.

what is all the fuss about her? she has done nothing to earn it. just because she has a ******, she is some how important?

So what my friends think is stupid but your biased relatives are smart and your basing what people thought about Gordon solely on them? Wow is all I have to say. Nice to know what me and my friends have to say means so little compared to yours and your family. Guess it's time for me to sit down and shut-up, boy you sure set me straight.

So what my friends think is stupid but your biased relatives are smart and your basing what people thought about Gordon solely on them? Wow is all I have to say. Nice to know what me and my friends have to say means so little compared to yours and your family. Guess it's time for me to sit down and shut-up, boy you sure set me straight.
Do you misconstrue everything you read & reply to? I never said you or anyone you knew were stupid. The way I see it, your friends are just as Gordon biased as my family was Earnhardt biased. Never said my family's opinions mattered more than your circle of friends. You're just putting words in my mouth.

Do you misconstrue everything you read & reply to? I never said you or anyone you knew were stupid. The way I see it, your friends are just as Gordon biased as my family was Earnhardt biased. Never said my family's opinions mattered more than your circle of friends. You're just putting words in my mouth.

We're on equal footing here. Your basing your Gordon theory on what? What's your proof that everyone hated Gordon other than your family? And I didn't say all my friends liked Gordon either. I have never hated nor loved Gordon. There's only been 2 drivers in my life I've hated #1 would be A.J. Foyt #2 would be Dale Earnhardt. I hated Earnhardt for the same reason I hated AJ and that's because he was a dirty driver, but after I found out he had a wicked since of humor my dislike for him disappeared. AJ I still have issues with. As a kid I watched AJ run another driver threw the the catch fence totaling the other guys car and almost killing the guy.

What's your proof that everyone hated Gordon other than your family?
If you missed the Gordon hate you werent watching NASCAR in the 90s. He was too perfect at a time when NASCAR heroes were flawed.

Last edited:
We all have our favorite drivers...If for example I hate Jeff Gordon...I might start a thread asking does he even care? If Jeff Gordon has a good finish since I hate Jeff, I might come up with excuses like "the rest of the field did not show up" or "NASCAR cheated for him" or Kevin Harvick took out Jimmie Johnson so JG could win. This happens with all fan bases of Drivers.

What tends to edge near over the top is when there is real misogyny going on. I feel that it is present in NASCAR in the fan base as well as drivers. I think the brass want it gone but that does not diminish its existence. I have heard the same thing said about race as well. Since Wendell Scott nothing much has happened on that front. Willy T. Ribbs 1986? One race where he finished many laps down...Recently Bill Lester....Bill Davis gave him a chance in 2006 ATL Race. Since that hes gone to racing in Grand am series....

bill davis was a good ride, yet they did not stick with him. I bet all these drivers have had to battle prejudice.

Danica is Nascars chance to really have some diversity. When she wins a race the world will really never be the same.

Yeah, they called him wonder boy, golden boy, etc

He was just too good. Think something like Jimmie Johnson

Educate yourself ya fool! :p
Theres 2 other parts.

It's amazing what educational tools you can find on the internet. I've learned more on YouTube than in college :D

Superman
SuperG (G for Gordon)
Do people really not remember this?

I do....I like Gordon, Chex...

Well, it was a uneventful race last week at Cali for Danica, her best finish this year 14th, AND she didn't hit anything stationary or moving. Hopes are high for this week, she has one of her best finishes ever at Martinsville, yeah, she bumped into a race car or two but was able to soldier on to a top 12 finish last year. Some will call it pure skill, a short track wizard at work, others think more luck than skill was involved. I'm going with I think she will finish this race, she has a 50/50 chance of finishing on the lead lap, I am going with the over/under on that, and I think I will pick the under, she will finish a lap down or more. I'm going also with the under on the stationary or moving, it has been a whole race without a wall shot or hitting another race car..she is due. So two unders for me.

Theres 2 other parts.

It's amazing what educational tools you can find on the internet. I've learned more on YouTube than in college :D

Superman
SuperG (G for Gordon)

So.....you have a Youtube diploma?

Theres 2 other parts.

Superman
SuperG (G for Gordon)

That's not educating yourself, That's entertaining yourself.(Youtubeology 101 now in session) :D:D

It's not actually learning, I'm in education so you most likely won't understand my jab,it was intended at today's youth. They think everything you need to know is on youtube. It would be real funny if you were sitting in my shoes. Sorry for the interruption.

It's not actually learning, I'm in education so you most likely won't understand my jab,it was intended at today's youth. They think everything you need to know is on youtube. It would be real funny if you were sitting in my shoes. Sorry for the interruption.
Nah youre good my man. Yeah, I watch viral videos on youtube to keep up with the trends, but I also watch alot of documentaries that wont be found on TV to help write papers and such. I'm in university so I pretty damn well know that youtube is not the first place to run to for research but it can be utilized as a huge tool.

Nah youre good my man. Yeah, I watch viral videos on youtube to keep up with the trends, but I also watch alot of documentaries that wont be found on TV to help write papers and such. I'm in university so I pretty damn well know that youtube is not the first place to run to for research but it can be utilized as a huge tool.
LOL!!! :einstein:

:eek:

I hope you choose your words more carefully when you do your assignments. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom