All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
As did Dale Jr , Dale Sr , Bobby Labonte , Dale Jarrett , Davey Allison , and most of the rest .

I agree their linage, birthright etc was huge. But unlike all those mentioned guys Danica was fast tracked into the big time cup cars prior to developing enough talent.

I seen them all struggling and improvising on their way to cup. I was always amazed at the crappy looking car Bobby made young Davey drive. It didnt measure up to what I thought Bobby was capable of giving him.

But he knew what he was doing and by the time he made it to cup, he was competent and completely capable. The difference with Danica apart from sex is that the performance is most definitely underachieving for the equipment.

I agree their linage, birthright etc was huge. But unlike all those mentioned guys Danica was fast tracked into the big time cup cars prior to developing enough talent.

I seen them all struggling and improvising on their way to cup. I was always amazed at the crappy looking car Bobby made young Davey drive. It didnt measure up to what I thought Bobby was capable of giving him.

But he knew what he was doing and by the time he made it to cup, he was competent and completely capable. The difference with Danica apart from sex is that the performance is most definitely underachieving for the equipment.
Do you know this for a fact? Lets put Harvick in Danicas ride for 5 races and her in the 4 for five races and see who finishes better.

Do you know this for a fact? Lets put Harvick in Danicas ride for 5 races and her in the 4 for five races and see who finishes better.

She was the only one in the field with a 2013 Monte carlo a race or two ago...interesting thought

She was the only one in the field with a 2013 Monte carlo a race or two ago...interesting thought
If you're talking about Vegas, #24, #48, #88 all used cars last raced in 2013. Only #4 and #14 amongst HMS and SHR used a new chassis at Phoenix.

What race was this? The Monte Carlo hasn't been allowed in Cup since the end of 2007. There was never even a COT version of a Monte Carlo:confused:

I don't mind discussions about drivers but the excuses and bullsh!t some come up with to defend Danica is worse then the bad opinions some have. She's got the best of the best equipment.

What race was this? The Monte Carlo hasn't been allowed in Cup since the end of 2007. There was never even a COT version of a Monte Carlo:confused:

I don't mind discussions about drivers but the excuses and bullsh!t some come up with to defend Danica is worse then the bad opinions some have. She's got the best of the best equipment.

My bad. Im not awake yet. she had a 2013 impala though...someone said it on this thread

Measuring her against Harvick? we might as well measure Richard Simmons against a Navy Seal.
She is in a SHR car, with a big paying sponsor, so yes I do know it for a fact.

I hope we get to see one day, one thing is certain.......... the racing forums will be very busy for a few days :)

That hypothetical check has insufficient funds and it isnt going to happen.

Kinda like the many reasons why finishing mid pack one lap down is considered "doing good" when she does it.

Then you surely must agree that there were some major improvements at Fontana ?

Then you surely must agree that there were some major improvements at Fontana ?

Not really. She was running around 25th the entire race. She stayed on the lead lap because the caution came out every 25 laps. If not for the many cautions, she would have surely gone at least one lap down, and finished where she was running which was mid pack.

I'm happy for her fans that she pulled a 14th place finish out of her hat, but she was really no better than a 25th place car at Fontana.

Sorry to burst your bubble but there is no "old boys network" in NASCAR anymore. It died with Dale Earnhardt. After Jeff Gordon, the pretty boy from the big ol' city, came in & rolled over everyone the ideals and face of NASCAR was changed forever. He broke the mold of what and who a NASCAR driver should & could be. The only thing holding her back now is herself. It's got nothing to do with gender bias or the system. That's just a pathetic cop out.

We have true young talent rising through the ranks right now that deserve the attention, not her. I wish she'd just get out of the way.

Damn I need to put my boots on it's gettin deep in here. No good ol boy network in NA$CAR? If that statement was true why isn't there more females being groomed to be stock car drivers? Why is there only 1 female driver in Sprint Cup, only 1 female driver in Camping World Truck, 2 female drivers in ARCA, and no female drivers in Nationwide. NA$CAR is not actively out seeking/looking for young new female race car drivers. Also name the female engineers working in the garages? NA$CAR wants more women and young girls watching and coming to the races but that's as far as it goes.

Damn I need to put my boots on it's gettin deep in here. No good ol boy network in NA$CAR? If that statement was true why isn't there more females being groomed to be stock car drivers? Why is there only 1 female driver in Sprint Cup, only 1 female driver in Camping World Truck, 2 female drivers in ARCA, and no female drivers in Nationwide. NA$CAR is not actively out seeking/looking for young new female race car drivers. Also name the female engineers working in the garages? NA$CAR wants more women and young girls watching and coming to the races but that's as far as it goes.
Uh, maybe because none of them so far have the talent? Women aren't exactly drawn Into racing cars as girls & Motorsport engineering in college like they're drawn Into nursing & political science. The mere fact that there are several female drivers in the sport has broken the mold of a "man's sport". The good ol boys ideal stopped in the 90s when the flashiness of Gordon enlarged the sport to a national, and even a global, scale.

I keep saying, when a woman comes along with the raw talent to beat the guys & a team is willing to take on the press & the PR to pick her up - I'll more than gladly pull for her. Danica just ain't the one.

There is more than one description / definition of a good ol' boys network.

I disagree...DP has done alot for the sport already..and she will win.

The world will never be the same

There's been at least one female included in the Drive for Diversity campaign in at least the last six consecutive years now. Females are also running in the K&N Pro Series East and the Whelen All-American Series. Give it some time, man. A lot more progress than you think is being made.

So really, what sport isn't a "boys club"? Do you see females in the NFL, MLB, or NHL? If women do compete in a sport, it's usually segregated from the men, such as the WNBA in basketball and the LPGA in golf. NASCAR is one of the few sports I can think of where women can actually participate with the men.

I can't believe after 2109 entries to this forum it's still being hashed about if she is a race car driver or not. Looks to me that she is on the track every week this week she did a lot better than some. I know there's going to be people that will say that it was because of tires, that's true but she still finished ahead of a lot of others. Isn't it about time that we agree to disagree? Until SHR or sponcer drops her she is going to stay. Why not just accept that fact.

happy birthday DP.
Hope ricky does something nice for ya.

:D

I can't believe after 2109 entries to this forum it's still being hashed about if she is a race car driver or not. Looks to me that she is on the track every week this week she did a lot better than some. I know there's going to be people that will say that it was because of tires, that's true but she still finished ahead of a lot of others. Isn't it about time that we agree to disagree? Until SHR or sponcer drops her she is going to stay. Why not just accept that fact.

I don't know of anyone here that is saying Danica isn't a race car driver. I think it's pretty clear that she most definitely is.

Are you suggesting that I do something constructive with my time?

So really, what sport isn't a "boys club"? Do you see females in the NFL, MLB, or NHL? If women do compete in a sport, it's usually segregated from the men, such as the WNBA in basketball and the LPGA in golf. NASCAR is one of the few sports I can think of where women can actually participate with the men.
And when they do, nothing like this happens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Hnida#College

I disagree...DP has done alot for the sport already..and she will win.

The world will never be the same

She has done a lot for the sport off the track I will agree with that. When the green flag drops she has been a disappointment to most. (avg. finish, top 10's wins.....ect...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom