All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anymore women move up into cup I hope it's because they ran well enough in the truck --> nationwide series to actually compete at the top level, not just look pretty & make money.
Oh I totally agree, for some reason I just don't think this going to happen any time soon.

Liked what I saw....

She did not lift when brad came across her nose, held her line.
She seems to have a sense of the air...moves around nicely.
Missed the big ones
Stupid water issue....

Fans in stands cheered pretty hard for her.
Well, the one thing we know for sure is that she is not scared.:D

BmzpkHEIYAA0vL9.jpg:large

Errr...No. She came up half a car width and misjudged getting in behind Brad (Danica's words). DW never gets these things right, then refuses to admit it even when the video is clear. If Danica had held her line, there wouldn't have been a wreck.

what happened later to both Brad and JJ was strange.

yeah the USA today tstory goes against what DP said herself. "Its one of them racing deals"

Danica Patrick led six laps early in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race Sunday at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway before finishing 22nd in the second of four restrictor-plate races of the 2014 season.
Patrick, driver of the No. 10 GoDaddy Chevrolet SS for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR), led laps 6-7 and laps 9-12 before overheating issues forced the second-year Sprint Cup driver to drop out of the lead draft.

“It was good out front,” said Patrick after only her third Sprint Cup start at Talladega. “I wish I could’ve stayed there. It was getting hot a lot. I think you saw that from a lot of cars. It was a hot day here in Talladega, and when you get back a little bit in the field it gets even worse.

“I was in the second lane, the second car back, real early on, and it just felt like that line kind of died a little bit. Then I started getting passed. So I dropped back to get some clean air. Got some track position a couple of times and got up there a little bit, but heating was definitely an issue. It really limited me to the bottom lane, because as soon as I jumped up, so did my water pressure. Our GoDaddy Chevy was good out front, and I felt good about that.

“It was good to lead some laps, because it had been awhile and we missed a lot of accidents. The good news is this car is going to Daytona. That’s a positive. The result was not necessarily too much of a positive, but it’s going to get rolled up on the truck, and that is more than a lot of people can say coming from a speedway like this.”

http://www.danicaracing.com/newsdesk-press&nid=265

Errr...No. She came up half a car width and misjudged getting in behind Brad (Danica's words). DW never gets these things right, then refuses to admit it even when the video is clear. If Danica had held her line, there wouldn't have been a wreck.

what happened later to both Brad and JJ was strange.
That was a quote from the link. Disagree with them.

From Jeff Gordon's point of view:
“Danica (Patrick) made a mistake early. I don’t think that was an aggressive move I think it was just a mistake that got the No. 2 (Brad Keselowski) turned (earlier in the race). She just misjudged him."

Either you believe the 4 time champ and 6 time 'dega winner, or not.

Thank's for pointing that out to me. I just watched the parts of the race i had missed and i guess i was on the phone longer then i thought. After watching it i see i wasn't giving Danica enough credit. She got loose a couple of times and gathered the car back up and never missed a beat. It looked like she just got in a bad line and got shuffled back, and because of all the wrecks going on she just couldn't get back to the front. She did a pretty good job of driving today, though. She is definitely better on the larger tracks then she is on the others.

I agree, she did a good job of driving. I think she took some big chances early on that were a little sketchy, but she didn't do anything too stupid so I give her credit for that.

I was still surprised she only posted a 22. As far up as she was before the second big wreck and with all the damaged cars I thought she would have gotten a better finish than that.

I listen to Kenseth's radio every race. My favorite quote of the year was when Keslowski got spun by Danica.

Matt: "Wow, that 10 is stupid."

I wonder what drivers said when the 2 was being a jerk later in the race....:rolleyes:

Its a racing deal.

This is a little off topic, but i just noticed the Sunoco sign in the back ground. I will be seeing a lot of those signs at all of the drag strips starting next year because Nhra just announced this morning that Sunoco has signed a 10 year sponsorship agreement with the Nhra starting in 2015.

This is a little off topic, but i just noticed the Sunoco sign in the back ground. I will be seeing a lot of those signs at all of the drag strips starting next year because Nhra just announced this morning that Sunoco has signed a 10 year sponsorship agreement with the Nhra starting in 2015.

Sorry but I was looking at Danica

Bad Brad sure wasn't getting any love from anyone on Race Hub today, or from any of the drivers they interviewed including Jeff Gordon. I think everyone is just a little upset with Bradley right now.

Is Sunoco 100proof octane?

Bad Brad sure wasn't getting any love from anyone on Race Hub today, or from any of the drivers they interviewed including Jeff Gordon. I think everyone is just a little upset with Bradley right now.

Except DW.

He thought he was right where he needed to be...

10325781_1495096104037414_8411479855031308858_n.jpg

Can't quite make it out, but dude in blue I think is a HMS employee. They must be talking about the engine.

3 cup races at Kansas. two crashes and one finish two laps down in 25th the race before last. Probably set another record though. GOOOOO DANICA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom