All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty nervous about DP starting 7th... Lots of good cars right behind her.

Those cars got fast this afternoon!

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/10906808/espnw-bev-patrick-enjoying-ride-danica-mom

great read happy mothers day Bev

i

Bev Patrick had taken up her customary pre-race perch near the bow of the electric-green-and-orange Chevrolet. Danica Patrick was beginning the second Speedweeks of her Sprint Cup career that February day, and her pit stall remained a confluence of the curious at Daytona International Speedway. Diminutive but determined, as is the Patrick way, the mother stood her ground in the gathering crush.

Dignitaries and officials ambled by for a nod or a handshake with Patrick's team members and her father, T.J., leaning against the No. 10 race car. In the gathering, a tall fan in a sleeveless, unbuttoned shirt was so intent on photographing the scene that he unwittingly had lowered his outstretched hands almost onto the crown of Bev's head, as if she were some sort of tripod. She turned, politely, gazing up at the man with an admonishing smile. He relented.

Green Monster? Greatest offense of all time.

One of the greatest stadium moniker being shared with Danica? Uh I dont think so. Never

No wonder my sox are doing terrible right now. Feeling the Danica effect.

Green Monster? Greatest offense of all time.

One of the greatest stadium moniker being shared with Danica? Uh I dont think so. Never

No wonder my sox are doing terrible right now. Feeling the Danica effect.

:rolleyes:

tumblr_mtelefN7ri1r0ucnao5_500.gif

This one made me laugh...Love my driver being just one of us...

This evening, Patrick can become the first woman driver to finish better than twenty fifth, two laps down, in NASCAR’s top touring division at Kansas Speedway. Patrick currently holds the record herself.

Patrick already holds the distinction of being the first woman driver to compete in that division on this track. She also has the title of the first woman to wreck out of a Sprint Cup event at the venue when she wrecked her car in the process of attempting to wreck another driver. Another first for Patrick is being the first woman to run her race car into the facility’s SAFER Barrier after losing control in the first turn of the first lap, ending her day due to damage.

Great run by DP. I think a wide open style track really helps her, the car was on point, and she held together well. It's good to see. Career best finish at a "non-asterisk" race.

And congratulations @DanicaFreak
I know this is like a victory. Enjoy.

Great run for Danica.. to get to third and never really be out of the top ten. Plus she never spun. props Best career finish.

Build on this now and more people will believe in her.

This evening, Patrick can become the first woman driver to finish better than twenty fifth, two laps down, in NASCAR’s top touring division at Kansas Speedway. Patrick currently holds the record herself.

Patrick already holds the distinction of being the first woman driver to compete in that division on this track. She also has the title of the first woman to wreck out of a Sprint Cup event at the venue when she wrecked her car in the process of attempting to wreck another driver. Another first for Patrick is being the first woman to run her race car into the facility’s SAFER Barrier after losing control in the first turn of the first lap, ending her day due to damage.
You should probably eat yours with the feathers still on.

Was no doubt a solid run for her. A huge confidence boost for her & the team. Would have been interesting to see if her car ever made it into clean air. I don't think she stood a chance at winning with hot strong Gordon, Harvick, Logano & Jr were but she certainly deserved the top 10. Off to another 1.5 miler in Charlotte!

Great run for Danica. From watching the post race interview you would have thought they won the race. Big step in the right direction but I still dont think she will be consistantly competitive. Kudos for a great run tonight though.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...s-seventh-career-best-sprint-cup-stewart-haas

@SpeedPagan this one is for you...

“I know that we haven’t had the best of times but it’s days like today that we work hard for,” Patrick said. “And it’s days like today when we do this enough, this is the kind of stuff that materializes into wins.

“So we’ve just got to keep hanging around and doing what we’re doing, and I’m just proud of everyone for working really hard and believing in me.”

And she was happy and proud at one specific moment Saturday night.

“I drove around the outside of the 48 (of Jimmie Johnson) on a restart,” Patrick said. “That was probably my most rewarding thing of the night. I say that with all the respect in the world because he’s Jimmie Johnson.”

Respect from the 10

OK She finishes good finally. How many years has she been racing NASCAR? And now it's all" good job" Blah Blah Blah.
Shouldn't she be finishing up front every week?
Shouldn't she be living up to the hype weekly?
Shouldn't she have a win by now?
A lot of backslapping going around for someone who SHOULD be doing what she did last night.

but he didn't pic Danica in Spikes race contest this week I did.

Dale Jr and Jeff G as well as uncle harv and Stewart are also favs of mine. DP will always be top, but wanted to show JR some love in spikes game

OK She finishes good finally. How many years has she been racing NASCAR? And now it's all" good job" Blah Blah Blah.
Shouldn't she be finishing up front every week?
Shouldn't she be living up to the hype weekly?
Shouldn't she have a win by now?
A lot of backslapping going around for someone who SHOULD be doing what she did last night.

Takes some longer than others, and yes she should be finishing up front every week. I have said time and time again that she needs consistent good finishes.
I want to see her in victory lane at least 2-3 times per year maybe more.

The point is, she is coming. and man what a ride it will be

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...kansas-best-career-sprint-cup-finish/8960649/

The video on this page says it all.
Love Tony's "chicks rule"
Loved the crews reaction during the race when she went to third...
The team is starting to believe in itself

Ive watched alot of sports--confidence is key in stick and ball sports as well as racing.
Tonight, confidence...+100.

I want to see what she follows this up with...but sooo happy....stayed up crazy late to watch my girl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom