All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was a hunderd percent he would has some Lynard Skynards stuff on. He would also have something good to say about Muscle Shoals and the swampers.

Muscle Shoals and GreenBow, Alabama deserves some credit too. Talladega shouldn't get it all.
I always like driving through Alabama. There is always some good cooking going on in Alabama. ;)

Today, Patrick has the opportunity to become the first woman to finish better than 29th at Talladega in NASCAR’s top touring division.

Last season, Patrick managed to equal the finish of 33rd, set by Patty Moise in ‘89, twice but failed to reach the historic mark set by Janet Guthrie in ’78 on the famous 2.66 mile facility.

Today, Patrick has the opportunity to become the first woman to finish better than 29th at Talladega in NASCAR’s top touring division.

Last season, Patrick managed to equal the finish of 33rd, set by Patty Moise in ‘89, twice but failed to reach the historic mark set by Janet Guthrie in ’78 on the famous 2.66 mile facility.

Go Danica

Can't really compare anyway. Guthrie only raced Talledaga twice for an average finish 31.5. Sparkle pony with all the wave arounds and lucky dogs her first two times has an average finish of 33rd. Now of course Guthrie didn't have the good ol boy network against her to contend with back in the day, and she also had a superior car and team with big money, Kelly Girl..so you can't compare the two right? Go Danica.

Thank you for your comment. The record reflects Guthrie ran three times at Talladega. Twice in ’77 with thirty plus finishes and once in ’78 with the previously mentioned 29th.

With her top twenty two finish (unofficial) Patrick not only led the bottom half of the field to the checker but became the highest finishing woman ever to compete in NASCAR’s top touring series at Talladega Speedway. A record setting performance.

On to Kansas.

Thank you for your comment. The record reflects Guthrie ran three times at Talladega. Twice in ’77 with thirty plus finishes and once in ’78 with the previously mentioned 29th.

With her top twenty two finish (unofficial) Patrick not only led the bottom half of the field to the checker but became the highest finishing woman ever to compete in NASCAR’s top touring series at Talladega Speedway. A record setting performance.

On to Kansas.

"led the bottom half of the field to the checker" lol

She dominated the race for 6 laps. A marked improvement imo.

Brad almost messed her up bad right before he lost his talent the next 2 laps. She was in position to miss both big ones so gotta give her credit there. She done good. Too bad "having a good points day" don't matter

She did a pretty good job of keeping her car out of trouble, unlike a few others. And, she might have had a chance to be a contender at the end if her car hadn't had such an overheating problem so early in the race and forced her to drop back. I think the heating problem stole a lot of her hp. I was kind of surprised that a few more forum members from here was actually cheering a little for her while she was in the lead. The fans in the stands went wild.

She did a pretty good job of keeping her car out of trouble, unlike a few others. And, she might have had a chance to be a contender at the end if her car hadn't had such an overheating problem so early in the race and forced her to drop back. I think the heating problem stole a lot of her hp. I was kind of surprised that a few more forum members from here was actually cheering a little for her while she was in the lead. The fans in the stands went wild.

She was not involved in either big wrecks. Lots of damaged cars but she still only managed a mid pack finish.
Nothing to see here folks.

She was not involved in either big wrecks. Lots of damaged cars but she still only managed a mid pack finish.
Nothing to see here folks.
I think that was because she lost some hp.I hope they get it figured out before the next Daytona or Dega.

Didn't seem to have HP issues when she was running 5th before the second big wreck.
I don't remember how far into the race the second big wreck happened, so you may have to refresh my memory.

Liked what I saw....

She did not lift when brad came across her nose, held her line.
She seems to have a sense of the air...moves around nicely.
Missed the big ones
Stupid water issue....

Fans in stands cheered pretty hard for her.

I don't remember how far into the race the second big wreck happened, so you may have to refresh my memory.

It was around 50 laps to go.

Danica was in 5th around the 130 lap mark. Long after her over heating issues from early in the race.

Liked what I saw....

Missed the big ones
Stupid water issue....

That was nice to see the fans cheering for her, we were too. Think she had a top 10 car if not for the water issue. Can hold her head high though. Hope she can get a break one of these days.

Liked what I saw....

Missed the big ones
Stupid water issue....

She didn't hold her line. She moved up trying to (she said) squeeze in between the 2 and 24. She was moving up as Brad was moving down. 50/50 bad move.

Water issues was early in the race. She recovered from that and made it to 5th near the end of the race. I don't think it cost her anything.

Danica was in 5th around the 130 lap mark. Long after her over heating issues from early in the race.
I was on the pnone for a while and i didn't even realise that she ever made it back up towards the front. If she got up there on her own, and it wasn't from a really good pit stop or other cars pulling and pushing her then maybe she did save her engine when she dropped back a little. But, at that time in the race the other cars could have been on cruise mode also and that would allow her to keep up with them with a hurt engine. It wouldn't take very much hp loss to really effect these cars on a plate track.

I was on the pnone for a while and i didn't even realise that she ever made it back up towards the front. If she got up there on her own, and it wasn't from a really good pit stop or other cars pulling and pushing her then maybe she did save her engine when she dropped back a little. But, at that time in the race the other cars could have been on cruise mode also and that would allow her to keep up with them with a hurt engine. It wouldn't take very much hp loss to really effect these cars on a plate track.

It definitely was because of the draft that she got up to 5th. No one does anything at Dega without the draft.

I doubt the front line of cars were on cruise mode with her in 5th with around 60 to go, but who knows.

On lap 14, Keselowski tried making a bold pass for the lead but cut down on Danica Patrick to bring out the first caution. Patrick had lead a handful of laps in the first dozen circuits around the 2.66-mile track before Keselowski shot through the middle of a three-wide pack to make a play for the lead. But the No. 2 Ford car hadn't totally cleared Patrick's No. 10 Chevrolet and and was spun onto the apron.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...i-talladega-superspeedway-aarons-499/8694621/

Keselowski had pushed Patrick to the lead past Paul Menard, but then Keselowski moved to the middle of the track and zoomed past Patrick for the lead.
But when he moved back down, he clipped Patrick’s car, causing him to spin off the track. Keselowski made a great save to hang onto his car, but drifted back across the track, where Trevor Bayne almost hit him.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...ladega-keselowski-wrecks-update-first-caution

It definitely was because of the draft that she got up to 5th. No one does anything at Dega without the draft.

I doubt the front line of cars were on cruise mode with her in 5th with around 60 to go, but who knows.
I'm going to watch the part of the race that i missed after i go get a banna split. I'm curious to see that part of the race you are talking about.

She didn't hold her line. She moved up trying to (she said) squeeze in between the 2 and 24. She was moving up as Brad was moving down. 50/50 bad move.

Water issues was early in the race. She recovered from that and made it to 5th near the end of the race. I don't think it cost her anything.

You know what you are right. I was wrong--I'll admit when Im wrong. DP said herself she went up some. so agree with you 50-50

Liked what I saw....

Missed the big ones
Stupid water issue....

Heard the cheers, it was pretty cool and the no lift for Brad was AWESOME !!!! I believe she changed the history books with her "better than 29th" finish too.
A good day for the little lady
Any driver that turns Brad K is top notch in my book :D

I say she did a good job to keep her stuff clean and there is always luck involved at this track. Gotta be in the right spot at the right time. But still say that when it was go time and nobody wanted to play follow the leader, she faded to the back. Couldnt handle the heat from the big boys. Gotta do better if she wants to win.

On lap 14, Keselowski tried making a bold pass for the lead but cut down on Danica Patrick to bring out the first caution. Patrick had lead a handful of laps in the first dozen circuits around the 2.66-mile track before Keselowski shot through the middle of a three-wide pack to make a play for the lead. But the No. 2 Ford car hadn't totally cleared Patrick's No. 10 Chevrolet and and was spun onto the apron.

Errr...No. She came up half a car width and misjudged getting in behind Brad (Danica's words). DW never gets these things right, then refuses to admit it even when the video is clear. If Danica had held her line, there wouldn't have been a wreck.

what happened later to both Brad and JJ was strange.

Thank's for pointing that out to me. I just watched the parts of the race i had missed and i guess i was on the phone longer then i thought. After watching it i see i wasn't giving Danica enough credit. She got loose a couple of times and gathered the car back up and never missed a beat. It looked like she just got in a bad line and got shuffled back, and because of all the wrecks going on she just couldn't get back to the front. She did a pretty good job of driving today, though. She is definitely better on the larger tracks then she is on the others.

Can't really compare anyway. Guthrie only raced Talledaga twice for an average finish 31.5. Sparkle pony with all the wave arounds and lucky dogs her first two times has an average finish of 33rd. Now of course Guthrie didn't have the good ol boy network against her to contend with back in the day, and she also had a superior car and team with big money, Kelly Girl..so you can't compare the two right? Go Danica.

I think Guthrie would have ran circles around Danica.

Errr...No. She came up half a car width and misjudged getting in behind Brad (Danica's words). DW never gets these things right, then refuses to admit it even when the video is clear. If Danica had held her line, there wouldn't have been a wreck.

what happened later to both Brad and JJ was strange.
I watched the replay 3 times and I'd have to agree, if she held her line most likely Brad gets by her.

Danica said as much, but her fans are in denial.
From the clips I watched she did ok, but I think she should of finished better. No matter, it's a plate race and as many of said, crap shoot racing, she needs to gain some more confidence. I still think she needs to push harder, she seems to back off when things get dicey. If she could get a couple of really good finshes in a row that would do her a world of good. I'll have to admit my faith in her becoming a contender some day is starting to wane, but I still pull for her. I hope some more women make it into Cup, I think it is good for the sport.

If anymore women move up into cup I hope it's because they ran well enough in the truck --> nationwide series to actually compete at the top level, not just look pretty & make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom