All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
tony picks up DP

BnT7YW_IYAEr_cx.jpg:medium

after the race

0.jpg

If Tony put that much effort into the race he might not finish 98th every week.

Enjoyed watching Danica race last night, passing cars and for the first time really looking like she belonged out there. Had to be a HUGE boost in confidence for her. Expecting her to win might be asking a bit too much but sooner or later its going to happen, I for one cant wait to see it
I hope she can build on this and get consistent runs in the top 10, as we all know confidence and momentum is huge in any sport.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet or not, but Danica has now surpassed Kurt Busch in points. Guess she's not the low (wo)man on the SHR totem pole anymore.

Not so sure, there are as many members of Neck Nation who resent Dillon for running the #3 as there are ones who love him for it.

Too bad Newman won last year, he would've been a lock for the "No Neck Nation" vote. ;)

The resentment towards Danica Patrick just because she's a woman is just plain silly. But, there is a lot of it. I went to Martinsville last year and the crowd almost unanimously jeered her. Meanwhile, just up the road here at Franklin County Speedway, Brittany ****ram is the most popular driver.

Actually, it doesn't surprise me when I hear fans boo Danica. Drivers cheap shot Haley Moody on the track every chance they get at Southern National Motorsports Park because the "men" racing there can't handle getting beat by a girl.

The same thing can be said about A LOT of drivers. That's how the sport is and that's all I can really say. Danica's good for the sport at the end of the day. The drivers that didn't get there the hard way is what gives me respect for guys like Kevin Harvick, Dale Jr, Brian Vickers, Kyle Larson, Chase Elliott and the others who did work their way up the ladder.

People resent her because she's a woman. Some of them will sit here and bark all day about "Johanna Long and Kenzie Ruston that ride" (and they do) but many of the same people will be booing Kenzie when she gets to Cup (and she will). And I will be right here calling them out.

Sure, Danica got where she is because she's an attractive female, but she also gets a lot of scrutiny because she's an attractive female. It goes back to what I said about "rich kids" like Austin Dillon not getting the respect they deserve because they're rich kids. This can cut several ways.

I've watched this disrespect for years - before Danica in NASCAR was a thing. I watched the disrespect Alli Owens got in ARCA and the way people talked about Gabi DiCarlo when she wasn't in earshot. Annabeth Barnes has been taken out of races by competitors solely because of her gender and the same people who take her out have no problem running around talking about her in ways that certainly make Jesus cringe. Molly Helmuth's been taken out of more races than I can count at Evergreen - solely because she's a woman and the "boys" don't want her there. Haley Moody/Southern National. Erika Schmidt/Kingsport. Jessi Harman/Motor Mile. Sunny Hobbs/Old Dominion. Dr. Sheryl Carls/Old Dominion. Jessie Polenz/Old Dominion. Libby Privette/South Boston. Natalie Sather/South Boston. Brittany Mae Wenk/Potomac. Kate Dallenbach/Hickory.

I can do this all day.

And if you don't think Danica Patrick's been wrecked out of a NASCAR race solely because she's a woman, I've got oceanfront property in Kentucky I can sell you.

I will offer my congrats to Danica. Very impressed with her last night.

Glad to see her finally racing up front where she should be with her top-quality equipment.

I dont resent Danica because she is a woman at all. I resent the fact that she is a 20th place car on a normal day in really good equipment and has the media hype going along with being the 7th highest paid driver in the sport that cant deliver. Those are the facts. Anybody else would have been canned long ago.

I dont resent Danica because she is a woman at all. I resent the fact that she is a 20th place car on a normal day in really good equipment and has the media hype going along with being the 7th highest paid driver in the sport that cant deliver. Those are the facts. Anybody else would have been canned long ago.
Calm yer tits. She did exceptionally well at Kansas. Let's see how she performs at Charlotte now that she has the balls to dive into the corners with speed.

You all have points. But her face when she in the garage says it all..its on guys..GAME ON. She will suprise!

You all have points. But her face when she in the garage says it all..its on guys..GAME ON. She will suprise!
Face it DF. There are those on here that wouldn't be satisfied even if she were to win a race. I'm not sure they'd be satisfied if she rattled off a championship. Haters gonna hate.

I'm a believer that confidence plays a huge role with results. Do I think she now a top 10 regular? Heck no. Her boss can't even seem to accomplish that these days. She's bound to have increased her confidence level after last Sat night. I hope that it's the beginning of much more success for her. Good for her. Good for her fans. Good for the sport.

I know Dpk. I will just support my driver and not react to the haters .. karma and all that stuff. :)

We need to make this happen
GO daddy cares...

May 12, 2014 10:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GoDaddy, the world’s largest technology provider dedicated to small businesses, is looking to spotlight three important non-profit organizations in NASCAR’s Sprint Cup All-Star race Saturday. Fans can help make it happen by going online and voting for Danica, between now and Friday.

“This unconventional partnership with GoDaddy and Danica through NASCAR’s All-Star race reflects the same creativity and fun we help teachers bring into the educational process”

If voted into Saturday’s race, Danica’s No. 10 GoDaddy Chevrolet will be decked out with an all-star non-profit logo lineup, all in support of education. The three organizations are the Boys and Girls Club of America, which helps promote youth development, the SCORE Foundation, which provides free small business advice for entrepreneurs and DonorsChoose, a group that promotes education for K-12.

“I think it’s pretty cool for GoDaddy to devote so much time and money to not only support these outstanding organizations, but to donate the No. 10 GoDaddy car to the cause in such a high-profile race,” Danica said.

The race draws an intense following with nearly 4 million viewers set to watch Saturday’s race. The official vote tally isn’t being made public, but Danica is considered a top contender. She competed in her first All-Star race last year by way of the fan vote where she completed more than 100 laps and finished 20th. Danica is also in an elite class of 14 drivers to have ever led laps at both the Indianapolis 500 and the Daytona 500. She’s also the first woman in history to lead laps at Talladega.

“To see Boys and Girls Club logo on Danica’s car in this race would raise awareness for our organization as we enter into a critical out-of-school time period,” said Boys and Girls Club of America National Vice President, Corporate Partnerships, Chad Royal-Pascoe.

SCORE Foundation executive director, David Bobbit said, “We love that GoDaddy goes beyond just writing a check and is injecting such creativity into the process … I hope everyone goes online and votes because being involved in NASCAR like this really will make a difference. We think it helps attract a whole new audience to our cause.”

“This unconventional partnership with GoDaddy and Danica through NASCAR’s All-Star race reflects the same creativity and fun we help teachers bring into the educational process,” said DonorsChoose.org founder Charles Best.

GoDaddy is donating $10,000 to each non-profit organization and encouraging customers to chip in as part of the GoDaddy Round-Up program, which gives customers a choice to ‘round up’ to the nearest dollar on the purchase for a non-profit organization.

Danica doesn't bother me. I don't have any problem with her racing in the Cup series.

It's some of her more rabid fans that annoy me by jumping to the conclusion that you hate women and don't want women in nascar if you don't sugarcoat every thing she does, and agree with them that she had a "good day" when she posts a mid pack finish several laps down.

Of course I care and still am curious about Indy. I'm not someone who walked away thinking, 'I don't want a thing to do with it.' I like racing. The start of (Saturday's Grand Prix of Indianapolis), while not good, it was dramatic. For someone watching a race for entertainment, it was surely entertaining, though I felt bad for Sebastian (Saavedra, the pole-sitter who couldn't get his engine fired and was rear-ended by two other drivers, ending his day). But yeah. I watch every chance I can get. By nature, I'm going to lose touch with what's going on and the stuff about cars and drivers, but I still
I knew she still cared.

iF she makes the chase in any year of her career and earns it by either performance or winning at a non plate track, I won't say anything bad about her as a driver anymore. I never had wild expectations but she's in good equipment, they do make good cars for her (Anyone's foolish to think this is her first good car in 50 plus starts) Its been time to perform like that.

The bottom line is, the better Danica performs on the track is better for the sport and I truly wish Kansas is the start and not her only highlight.

i'm positive every single nascar driver could out drive me with one hand tied to their side, and i have no problem with any driver's gender or race, sexual preference, any of that bull crap. but if you read her statistics without knowing whose they were for two years, you would have to think bottom tier driver. how can you not? all this excitement over a 7th place finish in two years of cup racing. i really do hope she does good, just so it doesn't hinder the next female driver. i'm not going say she's a bad driver because she female, just as i'm not going say she's a good driver because she'a a female.

made me laugh

........It's been another great May so far for Patrick, who became the first woman to lead the Indianapolis 500 in 2005 and has a career-best third in that Memorial Day weekend classic. She and boyfriend Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (who drives for rival Roush Fenway Racing in Cup) recently added a Miniature Siberian Husky named Dallas to Stenhouse's new house in the Charlotte area.

Patrick and Stenhouse have been using social media to post photos of the 2-month-old puppy, which they got Sunday -- Mother's Day. The Miniature Siberian Husky is relatively new with only a handful of breeders in the country. Dallas came from one in Asheville, N.C.

"Isn't she the cutest thing you've ever seen? Gosh!" Patrick said with a giggle. "She's learning how to do everything so quick. Within one day, she went from biting on a rope when I gave it to her to playing with it on her own and playing tug of war.

"She sleeps all day and she's up all night, so she's just like Ricky. Even though we agreed that he's the up all night guy, so he can take care of the puppy at night. But who takes her out at 4 o'clock in the morning every night? Me. He said, 'Well babe, once I get to sleep, then I'm asleep.' I said, 'Well, that's not how it works.' "

She has tweeted photos of their new pup, including these:

--"She didn't take nine months to make, but we do love our new little Dallas."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...se-jr-adopt-siberian-husky-puppy-dog/9040153/

She seems really serious about Ricky. I know alot of couples will try to adopt a dog together as a trial run....

I DO NOT want to see DP leave racing to raise a family. I do not want to seem selfish, but I like seeing her on the track and cheering for her.....I am a fan of hers on and off the track and want her to be happy...but happy in a race car, not going to soccer practice in a mini van....

So conflicted...

I don't shine the spotlight so much on what she hasn't done. I'm more interested in what she has done...like bringing a very very big money sponsor like Go Daddy to Nascar. Plus, i'm sure she has attracted her share of new fans that may not have been here if not for her..."male and female".

I don't shine the spotlight so much on what she hasn't done. I'm more interested in what she has done...like bringing a very very big money sponsor like Go Daddy to Nascar. Plus, i'm sure she has attracted her share of new fans that may not have been here if not for her..."male and female".
That hit the nail square on the head. I'm all for her because she's good for racing and I think she has more talent than she's been given credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom