All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
10371557_10150389650599996_5892194927265561797_n.jpg

My favorite memory of mark was when his steering locked up on the warm up laps and he slammed into Jimmie Johnson. Most bizarre thing I've seen before a race starts

I actually don't agree with the article. What makes Danica's fans more legitimate? Its a fact that if she was a man, she wouldn't have any fans.. Danica not being the all star race in the long run doesn't matter. She's still going to have her fanbase. For Josh wise and his team, it could make a difference, improving the program.. etc.

I actually don't agree with the article. What makes Danica's fans more legitimate? Its a fact that if she was a man, she wouldn't have any fans.. Danica not being the all star race in the long run doesn't matter. She's still going to have her fanbase. For Josh wise and his team, it could make a difference, improving the program.. etc.
Exactly. Danica will be in the next 24 races, she'll still be racing next year, etc. I figure once we get to Thursday practice and qualifying the outrage will die down.

I get the point of the artcile...its like they are saying Josh is a flash in the pan, and his fans will not attend races like Patricks will. I dont know if thats true, but I think thats what the article is driving at...

I get the point of the artcile...its like they are saying Josh is a flash in the pan, and his fans will not attend races like Patricks will. I dont know if thats true, but I think thats what the article is driving at...

I see his point as Wise is not a Nascar "star" while Patrick is - which I agree with. However, Nascar has decided the criteria for eligibility - which is based on performance - with a vote tossed in to get someone in who probably doesn't deserve to be there. The people voted, the people decided...done deal.

Maybe they'll do what's right and do away with the fan vote next year.

That article was a farce in itself. Basically saying she sucks too but she deserves to be in the All Star race because she's more popular. Dumb

That article was a farce in itself. Basically saying she sucks too but she deserves to be in the All Star race because she's more popular. Dumb

The fan vote IS a popularity contest....unless you trust fans to pick the "best" driver..

I was so busy last week that i didn't even know Danica didn't make it in until the news started circulating around the pits in Atlanta. The mutual consensus was, that with out her in the race the ratings would drop drastically for that race...and it looks like the majority was right.

I was so busy last week that i didn't even know Danica didn't make it in until the news started circulating around the pits in Atlanta. The mutual consensus was, that with out her in the race the ratings would drop drastically for that race...and it looks like the majority was right.
That might have had something to do with it, but I have a hard time believing that the ratings dropped 15% just because Danica wasn't in the race. Even if she had been in the field, I think you still would have seen probably a 10-12% drop.

Take a look at the overnights from races Patrick was in.

Using the logic that ratings were down for the exhibition race of Saturday evening past was because she wasn’t in it is not unlike saying the ratings of the others were down because she was.

What I would like to know is how many dogecoins actually WATCHED the race

Hell i haven't noticed her in many races this year!!;)

That in itself is evidence of a shallow audience. Especially when it is novelty act that wasnt going to win any way.

As bad as fair weather fans leaving the monent their favorite driver goes behind the wall.

If the new "Danica fans" loose all interest when she is not present, then good riddance. During the last 18 months they didn't gain any interest in the racing itself. The mesage is all Danica or nothing. Well I would prefer the nothing, we are already handing out enough pacifers for shallow folks.who will be gone tommorow.

Lol @ Danica's pre qualifying interview... "Danica with a 7th place at Kansas and a 9th place practice".
Let's totally skip over the fact that she couldnt race her way into the all-star race and got beat out by the internet for the fan vote

P1, with one round to go. Let's see how she ends up. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom