All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danica was 3rd fastest in the last practice session and qualified 4th. If they can keep a good car under her for 600 miles, this will be the first race that i actually feel that she just may have a legit chance of winning.

Also had the 3rd best 10 constitutive laps. only Johnson and Harvick was ahead of her in that.She has a fast far this weekend, I'd love to see her get another great finish, a win would be so nice but it won't be easy.

Also had the 3rd best 10 constitutive laps. only Johnson and Harvick was ahead of her in that.She has a fast far this weekend, I'd love to see her get another great finish, a win would be so nice but it won't be easy.

I know it wont be easy but Im excited!!!! Going be a good race. Im particularly happy that she picked up from practice 2 to 3. 24 to 3rd? Gibson is a magic man....

I'm excited also! Does it make me a bad Jr fan if I rather see Danica win tonight over Jr?

Ha Ha. I'd say no...JR has quite a few wins....When DP pulls out a win its gonna be an Epic celebration. To contemplate it in the 600? longest track? arguably the most historic? Sheer Win.

Ha Ha. I'd say no...JR has quite a few wins....When DP pulls out a win its gonna be an Epic celebration. To contemplate it in the 600? longest track? arguably the most historic? Sheer Win.

Oh if she was able to pull out a win in this race it would be big, hell any win would be big but to do it in the 600 would just be big.

Shes got a fast car. Can she handle it like a veteran racing for 600 miles without getting into anybody or lose her concentration? She didnt have much to show for in the showdown event. If she is able to pull out a win on a mile inna half it'll be huge for the sport. I just hope if she wins it will be by outracing everyone, not on fuel mileage.

Shes got a fast car. Can she handle it like a veteran racing for 600 miles without getting into anybody or lose her concentration? She didnt have much to show for in the showdown event. If she is able to pull out a win on a mile inna half it'll be huge for the sport.

Plus she'd be in the chase!

Plus she'd be in the chase!
You posted a picture of Danica and JJ's daughter in the random thread that's cool and I like it. Think about this. The kid's mother is a model that modeled sexy attire including skimpy bathing suits and lingerie etc. Jeff Gordons wife and mother of his kids is a model and actress that showcased sexy attire including skimpy bathing suits and lingerie etc. Of the three women which is the only one getting dumped on constantly about it? Oh yeah, the race car driver. This isn't going to change anything, I just thought I would point it out.

Good point--But those wives do not race. The other side says that her pictures make her known more for that, than her driving skills. I understand the other side. I DISAGREE. Her pics are her showing her femininity...she is NOT a guy out there..shes a girl. DP has said it herself..she Likes dressing up looking pretty being dare we say it...sexy.

Shes a great race car driver who happens to be a beautiful woman.

Good point--But those wives do not race. The other side says that her pictures make her known more for that, than her driving skills. I understand the other side. I DISAGREE. Her pics are her showing her femininity...she is NOT a guy out there..shes a girl. DP has said it herself..she Likes dressing up looking pretty being dare we say it...sexy.

Shes a great race car driver who happens to be a beautiful woman.
Exactly.

I'm excited also! Does it make me a bad Jr fan if I rather see Danica win tonight over Jr?
No, not at all... If she could pull off a win tonight you would not believe how many of her fellow competitors would be very excited for her, and the respect level for her would go up drastically with fans, and around the garage area. You will always have some fans that won't like her no matter how good she does, but she will get more support then non support if she starts winning races.

Last edited:
A good driver wants to beat the best drivers when the best drivers have the best car that they can have.

(thats confusing lols)

Am I dreaming or wasn't the 600 one of her 1st NA$CAR races when she 1st thought about moving to NA$CAR?

Unlike a few others that are talking winning a top 5 would work for me. If she were to win would be amazing tho.

4th race when she was in cup was the 600. started 40th finished 30

Good afternoon, everyone.

This evening, Patrick will go after yet another record set by Janet Guthrie.

In May of ’76, Guthrie made her first start in NASCAR’s top touring division in the 600 mile race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. She qualified 27th and finished 15th setting the mark Patrick failed to reach in her two previous attempts.

Patrick will be starting 4th in her third 600 mile race at CMS. In her first, she improved on her 40th starting position with a 30th place finish. The second saw an improvement in both, starting 24th and raising her personal best finish in the 600 mile classic to 29th.

DW just cracked the case. when asked has she turned the corner, he said all she needs is a good car.....so if they all have good cars then wouldn't she be right where she is.

DW just cracked the case. when asked has she turned the corner, he said all she needs is a good car.....so if they all have good cars then wouldn't she be right where she is.
All her good cars get wrecked. Only her bad cars finish races.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...patrick-wreck-charlotte-results-coca-cola-600

Danica Patrick's promising night in the Coca-Cola 600 turned sour by the halfway mark and then got much worse with a crash.

Patrick, who started fourth, ran well early but faded during the second green-flag run. She eventually got lapped and faded to 24th by Lap 163. Just past the halfway point, she began to experience engine problems with a dropped cylinder.

234365-330-0.jpg
Danica Patrick (AP Photo)
PHOTOS: Classics from Coca-Cola 600 | Patriotism in NASCAR

Things then got much worse on Lap 235.

Patrick was running near the rear of the field when Marcos Ambrose spun in front of her. As the field tried to slow down and dodge the crash, Brian Scott ran into the back of Patrick, sending her crashing into the wall.

"Who the hell didn't see that coming?" Patrick said over her team radio.

Patrick remained in the race but suffered heavy damage to the right rear of her car. She was attempting to finish the race when her engine exploded on Lap 285, leaving a trail of smoke and oil on the frontstretch.

"Sorry guys, definitely not what we wanted but we did some good things this weekend," Patrick told her crew.

Patrick ran second early in the race and was still in the top 10 after 50 laps

She sounded so dejected on the radio...I feel for her. But seeing Kurts interview It seemed to me that he was really choked up and that almost bothered me more. FIX THE ENGINES HENDRICKS! I know HMS has a good engine program I am just venting a little.

As for the wreck, she got run over when she checked up to avoid Ambrose. I thought it interesting her spotter was telling to nail the gas...and her engine just could not get her outta trouble.

Disappointing.

Patrick, once again, failed to better a mark set by Janet Guthrie.

From her record setting fourth place start, the first woman to start that high in the 600 mile classic, Patrick had battled her way into the mid-twenties, just two laps down. A solid run near the front of the bottom half of the field. But, engine trouble followed by collision damage destroyed her chance to improve her own personal best of 29th.

Load it up and on to Dover.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...patrick-wreck-charlotte-results-coca-cola-600

Danica Patrick's promising night in the Coca-Cola 600 turned sour by the halfway mark and then got much worse with a crash.

Patrick, who started fourth, ran well early but faded during the second green-flag run. She eventually got lapped and faded to 24th by Lap 163. Just past the halfway point, she began to experience engine problems with a dropped cylinder.

234365-330-0.jpg
Danica Patrick (AP Photo)
PHOTOS: Classics from Coca-Cola 600 | Patriotism in NASCAR

Things then got much worse on Lap 235.

Patrick was running near the rear of the field when Marcos Ambrose spun in front of her. As the field tried to slow down and dodge the crash, Brian Scott ran into the back of Patrick, sending her crashing into the wall.

"Who the hell didn't see that coming?" Patrick said over her team radio.

Patrick remained in the race but suffered heavy damage to the right rear of her car. She was attempting to finish the race when her engine exploded on Lap 285, leaving a trail of smoke and oil on the frontstretch.

"Sorry guys, definitely not what we wanted but we did some good things this weekend," Patrick told her crew.

Patrick ran second early in the race and was still in the top 10 after 50 laps

She sounded so dejected on the radio...I feel for her. But seeing Kurts interview It seemed to me that he was really choked up and that almost bothered me more. FIX THE ENGINES HENDRICKS! I know HMS has a good engine program I am just venting a little.

As for the wreck, she got run over when she checked up to avoid Ambrose. I thought it interesting her spotter was telling to nail the gas...and her engine just could not get her outta trouble.

Disappointing.
You are too much a homer. First off, its "Hendrick" not "Hendricks"... Jfc. Secondly, HMS serves SHR engines but SHR tunes & dynos their engines differently than HMS. I think thats obvious by looking at how many SHR engines have extinguished themselves over the year versus how many HMS engines have. As for her not being able to punch the gas because of her engine woes, thats a steaming pile. That car has 7 other cylinders (if she was infact down 1) it can easily get up & go. She just wasnt paying attention to her mirror, even Mikey called her out. Now i know these things happen in the blink of an eye but you really cannot stop in the middle of the frontstretch and expect not to get hit. Rookie mistake.

She wasnt losing horsepower till something finally broke, engines dont work like that. She had a good qualifying run but she wasnt even competitive in the showdown last week, what makes anyone think she'd be competitive for 600 miles?! She faded back to where she normally runs & then something gave way.

She has 1 fair run at Kansas and everyone throws trophies at her. Welcome back to reality yall.

You are too much a homer. First off, its "Hendrick" not "Hendricks"... Jfc. Secondly, HMS serves SHR engines but SHR tunes & dynos their engines differently than HMS. I think thats obvious by looking at how many SHR engines have extinguished themselves over the year versus how many HMS engines have. As for her not being able to punch the gas because of her engine woes, thats a steaming pile. That car has 7 other cylinders (if she was infact down 1) it can easily get up & go. She just wasnt paying attention to her mirror, even Mikey called her out. Now i know these things happen in the blink of an eye but you really cannot stop in the middle of the frontstretch and expect not to get hit. Rookie mistake.

She wasnt losing horsepower till something finally broke, engines dont work like that. She had a good qualifying run but she wasnt even competitive in the showdown last week, what makes anyone think she'd be competitive for 600 miles?! She faded back to where she normally runs & then something gave way.

She has 1 fair run at Kansas and everyone throws trophies at her. Welcome back to reality yall.

Im not throwing trophies at her, I am impressed with what she has done. I think the wreck was the fault of the guy behind her...as well her spotter told her to nail the gas and her car would not accelerate due to engine issues...not a rookie mistake and dont get me started on mikey.

I

If that logic was true, shed have caused check up after checkup on restarts. But by some 7 cylinder miracle her car got up to enough speed not to :eek:

maybe guys behind her =knew her issue I dunno

Yea, that's it.

DmJUMuF.gif

Yeah yeah Im a homer...but this sort of racing deal happens to a lot of drivers. I fully believe without the engine problems she gets at least a top 15.

That's you lol and that's okay.

The argument could be made that Danica might have recovered to finish respectable if she didn't have car problems.. However to drop like they did tells me the race trim was way off and she couldn't adjust her way of driving. I like Danica's attitude now, she's still confident but that won't last if Kansas was a fluke. We'll just have to wait and see.

Personally, I thought she would do good at Charlotte, simply because you're not on the brake like at all. just easing off the throttle.

That's you lol and that's okay.

The argument could be made that Danica might have recovered to finish respectable if she didn't have car problems.. However to drop like they did tells me the race trim was way off and she couldn't adjust her way of driving. I like Danica's attitude now, she's still confident but that won't last if Kansas was a fluke. We'll just have to wait and see.

Personally, I thought she would do good at Charlotte, simply because you're not on the brake like at all. just easing off the throttle.

Good post...I just want her to do better!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom