Any Denny Hamlin fans here?

There was a 4-5 year stretch where Denny was almost unbeatable at Martinsville, Richmond, and Pocono. Three distinct tracks where the talent usually rises to the top.

I think the year where he folded at Phoenix with his first Cup almost locked up, only to lose it to Johnson a week later, had irreparable damage on his psyche, and he has never been quite the same.

This. I was pretty indifferent about him until that fiasco last Sunday. Also, he's afraid of lobsters. What kind of person is afraid of lobsters?

IMG_0115.JPG
IMG_0116.JPG
IMG_0117.JPG

Last edited:
@Mr. Gregory is a DH fan I think.

I kinda like him, even if he did basically take DP out. Plus NASCAR needs more villains.
Yep, Hambone was one of my boys when I was still actively following NASCAR. I hated him at first because he came across as a massive jerk, but then I stopped taking him so seriously and he grew on me. Mind you, I still thought he was a massive jerk, but he kept things entertaining and could drive, and that was all I cared about.

I was in awe of Denny's strong run that he had going early on in his career, especially when he became the guy who was running up against Jimmie Johnson in 2010. Nevertheless, I can't really say that I have ever liked him that much. He seems rather dense. He also owns the "deer-in-the-headlights" look. :flushed:

KyBu won as an owner and a driver over the weekend and Hambone is dominating the conversation...that's some crazy s**t right there.

You'd swear he was withholding a cure for cancer or something :blink:

Did you know Denny Hamlin is afraid of lobsters?
Denny's lobster weighed 22 pounds. I would've asked the experts at SeaWorld Orlando if he could survive if released back into the ocean. If not I would've donated him to the park so they could take care of him and other people could see him. This one below was 2 pounds smaller.

"Weight and age. George weighed 20 pounds (9.1 kg), and was estimated to be 140 years old, placing his year of birth around 1869".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_(lobster)

I spend an entertaining afternoon at, of all places, Martinsville watching Hamlin's engine cut out at least a half-dozen times. That was back when Toyota was having quality problems with their engines in ... '12? '13? I don't recall learning what the problem was, but he was hotter than his radiator. I don't like him or dislike him, but I'll always remember him for that.

I also remember Newman for his car stalling on pit road at Darlington directly in front of me. The crew must have pushed that thing back and forth for eight or ten times before the guy with the Engineering degree noticed he'd bumped the kill switch.

If nothing else, he gives you a reason to pay attention when announcers are listing the pit road penalties...

I'm sure no one is surprised I had to Google Joel Osteen. I'd at least know Hamlin if he showed up at my door.

Thanks! I knew there was something I hadn't done yet.

I was at that Southern 500 too and the 12 car was running very well that day and may have won if not for the kill switch.

I respect Denny Hamlin’s talent. He’s proven to be a top notch driver over the years.

As a dude, he seems like a real dousche canoe. Always talking down to the rest of the garage, critiquing other’s driving, and wrongly predicting who will/won’t last in the Cup series (Brad, Joey, Dillon, etc).

Him dumping Elliott just proves how big of a tool he is. He’d be the first guy crying on twitter or ready to pull a Harvick fake tough guy routine if he was on the receiving end.

I wish old Hambone would have taken a swing at the kid. At that point the kid would've spun old Hambone around, bent him over and spanked him.

In a pick between Denny and Joel Osteen....... I'd take Denny in a New York minute..... Denny may lack a few scruples in his driving stature....... but........

Did you watch NASCAR America tonight?

No........ I can imagine what was on........ I'm no fan of Denny....... I didn't like what he done Sunday..... I think it would be great Karma if he got taken out each race.....

I just have no use for Joel Osteen........ he's phonier than a 3 dollar bill and making millions from swindling folks that are sucked into his bull@@@t.

What kind of information do those shows have that make them compelling to watch? The stick and ball stuff can be interesting due to injury reports, strategy, trades, cuts and so on and so on. What is there to talk about in Nascar? BTW, I ain't yanking your chain as it is a legit request for info.

Yep, Hambone was one of my boys when I was still actively following NASCAR. I hated him at first because he came across as a massive jerk, but then I stopped taking him so seriously and he grew on me. Mind you, I still thought he was a massive jerk, but he kept things entertaining and could drive, and that was all I cared about.
I remember that shirtless Denny avatar you used to have :lol2:

Something about him rubs me the wrong way

Probably the fact that he complaints about how things are always going against him and how things aren't fair. This despite him having one of the fastest cars.

I remember back when he was really..really fast everywhere and he kept losing races because of things that usually happen in these races and he would go on about how that one guy won the race undeservingly.

Hamlin doesn't lend himself to be liked. He embraces the douchebag persona too much. When he's not pissing drivers and fans off, he's lashing out on NASCAR and talking about getting paid 200 million dollars.

Probably the fact that he complaints about how things are always going against him and how things aren't fair. This despite him having one of the fastest cars.

I remember back when he was really..really fast everywhere and he kept losing races because of things that usually happen in these races and he would go on about how that one guy won the race undeservingly.

Hamlin doesn't lend himself to be liked. He embraces the douchebag persona too much. When he's not pissing drivers and fans off, he's lashing out on NASCAR and talking about getting paid 200 million dollars.

Not to mention he still hasn’t figured out the pit road speeding limit. He’s only been a full time Cup driver since 2006.

I like Fedex, and use them a lot for my importation needs from Japan

What kind of information do those shows have that make them compelling to watch? The stick and ball stuff can be interesting due to injury reports, strategy, trades, cuts and so on and so on. What is there to talk about in Nascar? BTW, I ain't yanking your chain as it is a legit request for info.

They review the key parts of the race on Monday and Tuesday, play a lot of scanner from drivers to crews and I like Dale Jarrett's commentary.

They review the key parts of the race on Monday and Tuesday, play a lot of scanner from drivers to crews and I like Dale Jarrett's commentary.

Thanks, I appreciate the answer.

Ive only been watching for 5 years and in that time he hasnt done anything like that

Denny has been a cry baby since day one. He never, ever takes responsibility for his ignorance.

Back
Top Bottom