Any Denny Hamlin fans here?

Ratings will go up for Texas because people want to see Chase retaliate. If Chase does nothing, the extra fans will feel let down and not watch until the next big incident. The power of rivalries can not be overstated.
Screw those extra 'fans' who bought a ticket just to see two drivers wreck each other. The sport is better off without them. Rivalries don't have to involve torn up sheet metal every single week.

Besides, nobody retaliates on a 1.5-miler, not when flatter, slower Phoenix is next week.

A well-raised one? One who knows better than to say something stupid he might regret while he's frustrated and not thinking clearly, or hasn't seen the tape yet?

We've seen plenty of drivers say something stupid when a microphone is stuck in their face as soon as they get out of the car, things they've come to realize were just plain wrong.
Professional sports and guy is using his mom as a reference smh.. no place for that.. this isn’t midget league this grown men out here!

Screw those extra 'fans' who bought a ticket just to see two drivers wreck each other. The sport is better off without them. Rivalries don't have to involve torn up sheet metal every single week.

Besides, nobody retaliates on a 1.5-miler, not when flatter, slower Phoenix is next week.
I sure can't say nobody. Plenty of ways to retaliate without wrecking somebody. I don't think Chase would do a chicken**** dump move, he isn't in Hamlin's league anyway.

Atlanta, 2010..... Keselowski may disagree.
I got to witness that one first hand, I happened to look that way as the car was upside down and saw it slam the wall. TV doesn't do wrecks like that justice compared to seeing it live IMO.

Professional sports and guy is using his mom as a reference smh.. no place for that.. this isn’t midget league this grown men out here!
Name a single sport where the participants don't all say, "Hi, Mom!" when the camera is stuck in the faces. Why is there no place for referencing someone who has played a large part in your success?

What if Elliott had referenced someone else, say his father or an early crew chief or Rick Hendrick? You're hung up on the source of what he said, as if that was more important that the concept itself. Why does it matter more who he learned from than what he learned?

If he said Mom had taught him how to run the outside groove at Darlington and it saved 3/4 of a second, would you still be making fun of him?

Don't ever watch any of Scott Pruett's interviews. There's a common theme there and you probably won't like it.

Last edited:
Hamlin the mental midget and Kyle AH Busch the spoiled 3 year old are fine examples

Name a single sport where the participants don't all say, "Hi, Mom!" when the camera is stuck in the faces. Why is there no place for referencing someone who has played a large part in your success?

What if Elliott had referenced someone else, say his father or an early crew chief or Rick Hendrick? You're hung up on the source of what he said, as if that was more important that the concept itself. Why does it matter more who he learned from than what he learned?

If he said Mom had taught him how to run the outside groove at Darlington and it saved 3/4 of a second, would you still be making fun of him?
so saying hi mom and after getting crashed in a wall by another man and saying my momma told me if I don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all?? Come on man who says that lol.. let me guess you going to keep saying the same thing after people keep putting you in the wall lol.. ohh my momma said if I don’t have nothing nice to say then don’t say anything lol.. man take that baby stuff somewhere else..

so saying hi mom and after getting crashed in a wall by another man and saying my momma told me if I don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all?? Come on man who says that lol.. let me guess you going to keep saying the same thing after people keep putting you in the wall lol.. ohh my momma said if I don’t have nothing nice to say then don’t say anything lol.. man take that baby stuff somewhere else..
What's 'baby stuff' about about keeping your cool?

Don't ever watch any of Scott Pruett's interviews. There's a common theme there and you probably won't like it.
Man your missing the point! Why should he reference someone else in a situation like this.. another man just put your ass in the wall!! Nobody wants to hear ohh my momma said this and that .. your momma are you serious?? That’s like me getting into it with someone and they hit me or ram my car and I get out and say ohhh man it’s cool my momma told me if ain’t nice don’t say it smh.. they gone laugh at me then tell all there buddies how big of a punk I am and if someone does something to me I’m just going to say my momma told me if I don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say it lol.. who says that’s after what happened on the track

Man your missing the point! Why should he reference someone else in a situation like this.. another man just put your ass in the wall!! Nobody wants to hear ohh my momma said this and that .. your momma are you serious?? That’s like me getting into it with someone and they hit me or ram my car and I get out and say ohhh man it’s cool my momma told me if ain’t nice don’t say it smh.. they gone laugh at me then tell all there buddies how big of a punk I am and if someone does something to me I’m just going to say my momma told me if I don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say it lol.. who says that’s after what happened on the track
Why do you care about the opinion of a random stranger you'll never see again after the insurance is settled up? Do you know his buddies? Why do you care what they think about you, complete strangers you'll likely never meet?

I'm going to get out, ask the guy for his insurance info, take a couple of pictures if I remembered to bring the phone, and call my agent. I don't care what he thinks about me; his opinion doesn't matter to me. Mom taught me that.

He said what he needed to say to Denny Hamlin's face. Not everyone is a diva whenever a camera is in their face.

Why do you care about the opinion of a random stranger you'll never see again after the insurance is settled up? Do you know his buddies? Why do you care what they think about you, complete strangers you'll likely never meet?

I'm going to get out, ask the guy for his insurance info, take a couple of pictures if I remembered to bring the phone, and call my agent. I don't care what he thinks about me; his opinion doesn't matter to me. Mom taught me that.
Ok I’m done that was just an example I’m talking bout in everyday life man.. all I know is I’m not saying my momma taught me if I don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything if someone did harm to me especially if he thought Hamlin wrecked him on purpose .. but you take it how you want to

@kyle18fan

Last edited:
Ok I’m done that was just an example I’m talking bout in everyday life man.. all I know is I’m not saying my momma taught me if I don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything if someone did harm to me especially if he thought Hamlin wrecked him on purpose .. but you take it how you want to

@kyle18fan
That is obvious. most of us don't do the "restraint of tongue and pen" thing very well around here.:p

I'm no expert lip reader but he plainly said "come on man!" Evidently not buying into Hamlin's excuse.
Funny how we all see that differently. What I saw was Denney saying..... 'My mommy said when I do something wrong, I should apologize..... I'm really sorry Chase' Then Chase said..... 'Come on man, let's go grab a beer after this is all over.' That last part is probably where you started taking notice and just missed the end.

Funny how we all see that differently. What I saw was Denney saying..... 'My mommy said when I do something wrong, I should apologize..... I'm really sorry Chase' Then Chase said..... 'Come on man, let's go grab a beer after this is all over.' That last part is probably where you started taking notice and just missed the end.
The plot thickens! I don't know, Chase looked kind of agitated, maybe Hamlin declined the beer? :idunno:

The plot thickens! I don't know, Chase looked kind of agitated, maybe Hamlin declined the beer? :idunno:
Well, Chase said something about only drinking 'Light' Beer because it's less filling, then Denny said it's because it tastes great. Then Chase something about his mom and Denny thought he was talking about his mom and it all went down hill from there.

Well, Chase said something about only drinking 'Light' Beer because it's less filling, then Denny said it's because it tastes great. Then Chase something about his mom and Denny thought he was talking about his mom and it all went down hill from there.
Oh boy, that could've gotten bad, good thing there were officials there to keep that under control. You're the master lip reader, you need to utilize those skills more! ;)

So, at the same time, Mom is and isn't the word.
giphy.gif

If there was no intent, then that must mean Denny doesn't understand what happens when you jack a guy up going into the corner for about four seconds. No wonder he wrecked Danica so many times at Daytona a few years ago........

I agree with your sentiment but can NASCAR afford to not attract and retain new fans?

96 hours later and the claws are still unsheathed for Hambone.

Kybu may have to wreck all 4 HMS teams this weekend to get his title back.

I think Denny made Chase aware that it didn't matter how many drinks or dinners he bought, Denny was not obligated to kiss him goodnight.

I agree with your sentiment but can NASCAR afford to not attract and retain new fans?
Are those people fans of racing or wrecking? If the latter, NASCAR is welcome to change its approach and cater to them. There are plenty of other forms of racing I can (and do) watch, ones that will continue to put the emphasis on the racing.

Yeah, he kept his cool as he drove into Denny after the checker.

As far as that move goes, that was basically a rub compared to what some have done in similar circumstances, and especially since both cars were already all torn up, I thought that was an accepted way to show displeasure with another driver. Once again where Chase is concerned, I'm trying to figure out what some of you want from him. It seems some wouldn't be happy unless he threw a punch at Hamlin and then went into a profanity laced tirade on national TV, OR, climbed out of the car and claimed the whole incident was his own fault and thank Denny for showing him the error of his ways. I'm just trying to figure out why acting like a professional who was raised with some manners is perceived as a bad thing to some of you.

As far as that move goes, that was basically a rub compared to what some have done in similar circumstances, and especially since both cars were already all torn up, I thought that was an accepted way to show displeasure with another driver. Once again where Chase is concerned, I'm trying to figure out what some of you want from him. It seems some wouldn't be happy unless he threw a punch at Hamlin and then went into a profanity laced tirade on national TV, OR, climbed out of the car and claimed the whole incident was his own fault and thank Denny for showing him the error of his ways. I'm just trying to figure out why acting like a professional who was raised with some manners is perceived as a bad thing to some of you.
I'm given to understand that behavior isn't 'keeping it real', although I could be mistaken again.

It's comical to hear a Kyle Busch fan complain about another driver's behavior; it's freakin HILARIOUS to hear a Kyle Busch fan complain about Chase Elliott.

Just look at some of the ridiculous comments in this thread from the Kyle Busch fan(s). Pure comedy gold.

I'm given to understand that behavior isn't 'keeping it real', although I could be mistaken again.

If you were raised the way Chase Elliott apparently was, that IS real for HIM. It's the same way with Jimmie. I actually enjoy watching other drivers go all crazy yelling at him, while he calmly stands there and explains his side of the story without ever raising his voice.

It's comical to hear a Kyle Busch fan complain about another driver's behavior; it's freakin HILARIOUS to hear a Kyle Busch fan complain about Chase Elliott.

Just look at some of the ridiculous comments in this thread from the Kyle Busch fan(s). Pure comedy gold.

Our guy sits pretty in the final four ...... whats to complain about ?

Back
Top Bottom