Any Denny Hamlin fans here?

I don't have anything against Chase really, but I do feel like he's being shoved down our throats a little bit. I get it, because he's basically inherited the majority of Dale Jr, Jeff Gordon, and Bill Elliott's fans. NASCAR has lost a lot of popular drivers over the last three years, and they need a new star to glom on to. But some of it is a little much. The ridiculous "The People's Champion" promotion at Texas was a good example.

Don't blame Chase for the "People's Champion" crap. That's all about the fact that Eddie Gossage is an ass hat.

You guys must not watch sports outside of NASCAR. Literally every single league promotes and pumps up their stars, why wouldn't they? And it's done to a much, much greater degree than what NASCAR or their media outlets do.

What's funny is Chase isn't even in the top 5 of names mentioned this season. But..."HE'S BEING SHOVED DOWN MY THROAT!!!" Perception is everything I guess :rolleyes: When you run up front and content for wins, you're gonna get talked about.

upload_2017-11-15_7-54-21.png

I would actually contend they aren't talking about him ENOUGH. I just don't want BS hype like the Eddie Gossege stuff.

I was worried that Hamlin was going to beat him ... but he didn't. I cheered for Denny most of the race though .... just to aggravate all the 24 fans. Kyle had a toad for a car of course .... prolly a 15th place piece at best

The TRD blower comes out in Homestead. No worries.

Denny's a wheelman, like Kyle Busch
Denny lacks Kyles charm

I really want to like Denny as he seems like a great dad and the like ...

Denny is the villain that NASCAR and the fanbase needs right now and loves to hate.

I hope Denny and Ross make the Championship 4 and Denny wins the title.

Denny is the villain that NASCAR and the fanbase needs right now and loves to hate.

I hope Denny and Ross make the Championship 4 and Denny wins the title.
I do too. He has clearly shown that he is now the leader of Team Toyota.

Doesn't seem like Denny has any fans on here. Seems like the most popular drivers on this site are either Dale Jr., Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano, or Chase Elliott. Alot of respect for guys like Jimmie, Harvick, Kenseth, and Larson but no one really seems to be behind Denny Hamlin.

I could take him or leave him personally. He's never been a guy I care for or even root for despite being a teammate of my favorite driver. I think he's a good driver but has never been good with pressure. His personality is kind of undescribable in the sense that he's always trying to please people but never does. I really don't have a problem with what he did on track but his apology was totally phoned in and not to real at all. We all know why he did what he did, might as well own up to it and not apologize.

I know this place would be alot busier had Kyle, Brad, Joey, Dale, or any other well liked guy on here did the same. Just doesn't seem like alot defense on the 11's side.

I guess this could eventually turn into a most favorite/hated driver type of thread with the intro but really just wondering if anyone really likes Denny Hamlin?
NO

I hope Denny and Ross make the championship 4 and Ross puts Denny in the wall on the last lap and Ross wind the title.
This, but Chase Elliott gets past and emerges from the skirmish to win it all. Wouldn’t that be a scene?

Unique video. Here's the best NASCAR driver to never win the CUP championship (and better than many drivers who have) talking about possibly the one other driver (so far) who could possibly be spoken of for that honor some day. If Denny doesn't win it all this year, how many years does he have left? Not many I would think.

Regardless of what Denny does the rest of his career as a driver, I still think MM keeps that distinction for quite a while. All just my opinion of course.

Unique video. Here's the best NASCAR driver to never win the CUP championship (and better than many drivers who have) talking about possibly the one other driver (so far) who could possibly be spoken of for that honor some day. If Denny doesn't win it all this year, how many years does he have left? Not many I would think.

Regardless of what Denny does the rest of his career as a driver, I still think MM keeps that distinction for quite a while. All just my opinion of course.
You are not wrong about Mark Martin…..and no, I’m not a fan of Denny regardless.

Back
Top Bottom