Any Denny Hamlin fans here?

If you were raised the way Chase Elliott apparently was, that IS real for HIM. It's the same way with Jimmie. I actually enjoy watching other drivers go all crazy yelling at him, while he calmly stands there and explains his side of the story without ever raising his voice.

This is a great post right here. I really like Jimmie image very much. He stays strong to that image regardless of circumstances as you noted. I very much dislike what the media has done with Chase particularly segments like "Chasing History" with Claire B. Lang. The part I loathe is how hard he is on himself supposedly. Chase's image is one of boo boo face when he loses. Other drivers throw temper tantrums. BOTH are hard on themselves. The cute image of a boy raised the right way and is so, so, so hard on himself is selling here, and just like you enjoy the stuff around Jimmie, I don't like all of that stuff around Chase. There is a sense if you like the Chase image, you are right, but if you prefer less of a Boy Scout, you are wrong. I will take wrong. To Homestead.

As far as that move goes, that was basically a rub compared to what some have done in similar circumstances, and especially since both cars were already all torn up, I thought that was an accepted way to show displeasure with another driver. Once again where Chase is concerned, I'm trying to figure out what some of you want from him. It seems some wouldn't be happy unless he threw a punch at Hamlin and then went into a profanity laced tirade on national TV, OR, climbed out of the car and claimed the whole incident was his own fault and thank Denny for showing him the error of his ways. I'm just trying to figure out why acting like a professional who was raised with some manners is perceived as a bad thing to some of you.

It was acceptable for Chase. Period. I don't want anything from Chase. He is another car for MY TRD powered Toyotas to beat. What do you want from Kyle Damn Busch? Chase Elliott. You won't get him anymore than I will get a Chase Elliott throwing a haymaker at Denny. In terms of why acting like a professional who was raised with some manners.....Most of the people in my professional life are like that. I prefer a driver is is uncut and not PC. I don't need another role model in my life, and I kind of like a guy who is hated and very possibly is the kind of person we should all aspire to be, but is perceived differently when he goes to work.

It was acceptable for Chase. Period. I don't want anything from Chase. He is another car for MY TRD powered Toyotas to beat. What do you want from Kyle Damn Busch? Chase Elliott. You won't get him anymore than I will get a Chase Elliott throwing a haymaker at Denny. In terms of why acting like a professional who was raised with some manners.....Most of the people in my professional life are like that. I prefer a driver is is uncut and not PC. I don't need another role model in my life, and I kind of like a guy who is hated and very possibly is the kind of person we should all aspire to be, but is perceived differently when he goes to work.

KTB has exceeded expectations .......... locked in to the final four quite early. What more could anyone want from him ?

It has been a hoot reading through the thread! I don't think there will be retaliation next week or the week after but the next time CE is racing Denny hard he probably won't cut him any slack. Think of it like the way JLo and Kyle race each other.....mutual disrespect.

I have no problem with Chase pulling out the Momma says line as it was one of funniest things I've heard a driver say this year but it was a bit hypocritical after what he did beforehand.

I've been perusing NASCAR message boards for at least 15 years and nothing has changed as far as how fans react and conduct themselves online following "major" incidents. 90% is emotion and 10% is logic and reason. I have no real point with this, just sharing an observation.

Working hard for a PR job for KDB..it would be a 24/7 full time job. Using motto. If B.S. was music I will be a brass band

To be fair, Chase made the comment after he wore out the left side of Denny's car on the backstretch. Take that for whatever it is. He also did it with the nets down which is a big no no these days.

I personally don't care for Chase, but I don't expect anything from him in return. I thought that the Momma said comment was dumb, it wasn't witty or funny or outrageous or needle moving to me in any way and that is fine. I thought that he had done what he needed to do when he went out there and confronted Denny on the track. The words at that point are irrelevant to me. I am just so tired of having the great Chase Elliott shoved down my throat by the media side of the sport. I get he is the Son of a legend and it comes with the territory, add to that all of the pomp that comes with being at Hendrick and I understand the hype, but I am tired of hearing it and then watching him blow finishes.

We all know he has talent and we all know he will be the sports next most popular driver, but can we stop anointing him as the next legend in the sport when the kid has yet to deliver on any of his hype? All of this and some of the things I have watched him do during races drives me crazy. I'm just not a fan at all of his and I actively root against the guy the way many root against KB.

Chase is the real deal. Just gotta get that first W, but it will come. A single victory can do wonders for the confidence level.

He's been my pick as the next Gordon/Johnson since 2013, and he still shows that potential, IMO. Without the Toyota dominance this year, he'd have multiple wins.

To be fair, Chase made the comment after he wore out the left side of Denny's car on the backstretch. Take that for whatever it is. He also did it with the nets down which is a big no no these days.

I personally don't care for Chase, but I don't expect anything from him in return. I thought that the Momma said comment was dumb, it wasn't witty or funny or outrageous or needle moving to me in any way and that is fine. I thought that he had done what he needed to do when he went out there and confronted Denny on the track. The words at that point are irrelevant to me. I am just so tired of having the great Chase Elliott shoved down my throat by the media side of the sport. I get he is the Son of a legend and it comes with the territory, add to that all of the pomp that comes with being at Hendrick and I understand the hype, but I am tired of hearing it and then watching him blow finishes.

We all know he has talent and we all know he will be the sports next most popular driver, but can we stop anointing him as the next legend in the sport when the kid has yet to deliver on any of his hype? All of this and some of the things I have watched him do during races drives me crazy. I'm just not a fan at all of his and I actively root against the guy the way many root against KB.

I'm just not seeing where you're are coming from. First off, maybe I'm blind, but I have NEVER gotten the feeling that Chase has been rammed down our throats, and I say that as somebody who lived through Gordon mania, Jr. mania, Lagano mania and Danica mania just to name a few, so I think I have a pretty good idea what that looks like. Secondly, what went on after the race was partly driven by Hamlin jumping out of his car and yelling at Chase. Hence Chase halving to remind Denny that "YOU wrecked ME". If Denny had just stayed in his car, who knows if Chase would have even went up to him. I'm not sure he had any desire to talk to him at all, (supported by the fact that he hasn't since) and was merely thrust into a confrontation not of his choosing. Third, I don't know what races YOU have been watching, but all the kid has done for two years is PERFORM. If you measure him at this point by ANY measure other than wins, he's been an off the chart success. Heck, he has had a legitimate shot to win half the races in the playoffs, something his seven time champion teammate hasn't been remotely close to. In fact other than the weeks that Jimmie has managed to win, Chase has consistently whipped him week in and week out for the last two years with cars that frankly haven't been all that great. If he had been running 2007-2009 era HMS cars, he'd probably have a half dozen wins by now. You may not feel he has lived up to the hype. Here's to hoping that Alex Bowman and William Byron fail as equally as Elliot has in your eyes.

I'm just not seeing where you're are coming from. First off, maybe I'm blind, but I have NEVER gotten the feeling that Chase has been rammed down our throats, and I say that as somebody who lived through Gordon mania, Jr. mania, Lagano mania and Danica mania just to name a few, so I think I have a pretty good idea what that looks like. Secondly, what went on after the race was partly driven by Hamlin jumping out of his car and yelling at Chase. Hence Chase halving to remind Denny that "YOU wrecked ME". If Denny had just stayed in his car, who knows if Chase would have even went up to him. I'm not sure he had any desire to talk to him at all, (supported by the fact that he hasn't since) and was merely thrust into a confrontation not of his choosing. Third, I don't know what races YOU have been watching, but all the kid has done for two years is PERFORM. If you measure him at this point by ANY measure other than wins, he's been an off the chart success. Heck, he has had a legitimate shot to win half the races in the playoffs, something his seven time champion teammate hasn't been remotely close to. In fact other than the weeks that Jimmie has managed to win, Chase has consistently whipped him week in and week out for the last two years with cars that frankly haven't been all that great. If he had been running 2007-2009 era HMS cars, he'd probably have a half dozen wins by now. You may not feel he has lived up to the hype. Here's to hoping that Alex Bowman and William Byron fail as equally as Elliot has in your eyes.
Right on. Chase would be kicking ass if the Toyotas hadn't had the edge this season.

People seem to forget that 2nd isn't easy.

The “edge?”

Toyota has consistently had top speed for most of the year. Chase has been edged out by Toyota drivers all season. That's what I'd call it.

Knock MTJ back a few years and Chase would be right there. Unfortunately for Chase, this is MTJ's year.

Kyle is a wheelman. One of the best I'll ever see.

But I refuse to believe that MTJ is not a product of superior equipment.

I think Martin has greatly improved .. possible better equipment has allowed that to happen

Toyota has consistently had top speed for most of the year. Chase has been edged out by Toyota drivers all season. That's what I'd call it.

Knock MTJ back a few years and Chase would be right there. Unfortunately for Chase, this is MTJ's year.
I didn’t see you complaining when the Chevrolets had the assumed edge. The “edge” is cyclical and is more about the drivers, teams and overall chemistry than it is about the manufacturer. The cream always rises to the top.

I didn’t see you complaining when the Chevrolets had the assumed edge. The “edge” is cyclical and is more about the drivers, teams and overall chemistry than it is about the manufacturer. The cream always rises to the top.
I'm not complaining at all, just stating the obvious. This is MTJ's year.

It isn’t obvious.
So I suppose anyone could win in a Toyota? No.
It’s more than just the car.
No. But Toyota is clearly ahead this year. The car does matter. Toyota's best is dominating. Where were they 5 years ago?

The “edge?”
I thought Ford had the Edge?
IMG_1088.JPG

Truex made The Chase and finished 11th in points in 2012. He was also driving for MWR :rolleyes:
0 wins.

MTJ is the biggest benefit from a team I have seen as of late. His record prior to 2016 is mediocre at best.

Secondly, what went on after the race was partly driven by Hamlin jumping out of his car and yelling at Chase. Hence Chase halving to remind Denny that "YOU wrecked ME". If Denny had just stayed in his car, who knows if Chase would have even went up to him.

Hamlin jumping out of the car was a result of what Chase did with his car after the race. Yet Denny isn't worth his time and I don't guess Momma ever said anything about using his car to voice his frustrations.

I have no problem with what he did as the crowd ate it up and it was great TV. I think it was a natural reaction to what happened to him during the race as well. He pulled back on being the aggressor though once they got out of the cars.

Back
Top Bottom