At the age of 24 has Chase Elliott gained a couple steps?

You say once like Rodney and Harvick haven't only gotten it done once in their 10 years together. How many don't even have 1? Look beyond championships. They've made the round of 4 three years in a row and have made other deep runs. Plenty of wins together. They've not underperformed by any means and Chase is still 27 not yet in his prime years.

If you had listened to their radio back in 2016 you'd hear the same thing you're hearing now. Two even keeled easy going guys, they are a lot a like in the way they talk and carry themselves. It's not burn out, it's just the way they do their jobs.

Burn out was the end years of Chad and Jimmie.
Rodney and Harvick just fit though man. There was always a bit of fire. I think Chase would just fit better with someone who has a bit of zest..a bit of spice!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I think he has to go to a must win strategy for the rest of the season. It is to late to worry about points or even stage points.
And he will need the must win strategy in every knock-out round of the playoffs as well.

Well, we know how well Chase and Alan do when they’re buried in the back to start, so this week is gonna be awesome! 🙄🤦‍♂️ Can this year just end already

To answer my own question, I would have to say absolutely. I don't expect everyone to agree with me but I think it is pretty safe to say we may be watching the next Jeff Gordon / Jimmie Johnson. With the popularity of Dale Earnhardt Jr and the driving ability of Jeff and Jimmie I think this young man has become the new face of NASCAR and will carry that title for years to come. I also think this 2020 championship is just the first of many. I am so excited to see what Chase and the rest of the young talent that Rick Hendrick has put together at HMS will do over the next few years.
He won't be the next Gordon because he acts like a spoiled brat who for to long has been spoon fed.

He won't be the next Gordon because he acts like a spoiled brat who for to long has been spoon fed.
Even before the slump, the idea of a dynastic run of 80+ wins and 4+ championships was utterly assinine.

Even before the slump, the idea of a dynastic run of 80+ wins and 4+ championships was utterly assinine.

It's asinine, but not for the reason many of you have in mind. I personally don't think ANYBODY is going to do that as long as NASCAR is configured the way it is. Much much harder now to get any kind of long term edge or advantage, the field is all stacked on top of each other, and the playoff system is just too random for anybody to put up Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson type runs. With the current system, three titles is going to look like seven.

It's asinine, but not for the reason many of you have in mind. I personally don't think ANYBODY is going to do that as long as NASCAR is configured the way it is. Much much harder now to get any kind of long term edge or advantage, the field is all stacked on top of each other, and the playoff system is just too random for anybody to put up Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson type runs. With the current system, three titles is going to look like seven.

Didn’t Jimmie win 5 straight championships under different playoff formats? And his last one was under the current format?

The increased parity is the reason we won’t see another Jimmie run. Our current playoff system isn’t the culprit here.

Jimmie won five straight with the old car that wasn't even as remotely spec or closely boxed in by the rulebook and no winner take all playoff system. It would never happen today, and the playoff system IS a big part of it, not even remotely questionable in my opinion.

We will see more than 3, I think. But yeah.

I am at the point that I have to agree. His slow start could've been overcome but he'd still need to average 4 wins a year to get to Gordon and Johnson. That simply isn't happening and there's a big enough sample size to confidently say it isn't.

Still going to likely be a first-round HOF inductee and a top 50 all time driver. But not going to break records or become elite.

I am at the point that I have to agree. His slow start could've been overcome but he'd still need to average 4 wins a year to get to Gordon and Johnson. That simply isn't happening and there's a big enough sample size to confidently say it isn't.

Still going to likely be a first-round HOF inductee and a top 50 all time driver. But not going to break records or become elite.
Yep, that's best left to his teammate in the 24 who remember is still only 25 years old and nowhere near his peak. ;) ;) ;) ;)

He's been in cup for 8 years now. He's won more than 4 races twice.

Gordon and Johnson spent the majority of their primes averaging over 5 wins per sesson.

Elliott is 27 now, basically the age Johnson was his rookie year, so he's got a 18 race win buffer. He'd have to average something like 5 wins per year from now to 2033. Don't see it happening.

I think 2x champion with 50 something wins is realistic.

I could see Logano getting another one this year, and then he has at least 10 good years left to try for more. I think he ends up with 4 or 5 tbh. He’s so clutch.
Logano is 1 championship away from TYING Tony Stewart and passing KB.

He's going to crack a lot of people's all time top 10s in the next few years imo.

I absolutely feel safe guessing he wins 4 championships

I could see Logano getting another one this year, and then he has at least 10 good years left to try for more. I think he ends up with 4 or 5 tbh. He’s so clutch.
I think more championships is likely for him.
But I dint think it happens this year, the 22 just don't seem that strong this time around, but never count Lagano out.

Boy the piss on Chase Elliot brigade is out in full force in this thread

Boy the piss on Chase Elliot brigade is out in full force in this thread

More like a piss on Alan Gustafson thread because chase fans won’t admit that chase is the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chase is fine....just needs to get back to the hard on himself narrative instead of the future 10 time champion thing. He's good for a couple of wins per year if he gets hot.

I think more championships is likely for him.
But I dint think it happens this year, the 22 just don't seem that strong this time around, but never count Lagano out.
He didn’t seem to have speed last year either, until he did…

Chase is fine....just needs to get back to the hard on himself narrative instead of the future 10 time champion thing. He's good for a couple of wins per year if he gets hot.
When has Chase ever said he’s going to be a future 10 time champion? I appreciate the commitment to the gimmick but come on. The guy is still harder on himself than anybody out there

When has Chase ever said he’s going to be a future 10 time champion? I appreciate the commitment to the gimmick but come on. The guy is still harder on himself than anybody out there
Chasey Nation. Chase is no harder on himself than anybody else...that's his brand.

To a fault. To a legitimate fault..and from what I hear, Alan doesn't seem to give a **** about Chase's self deprecating attitude. Chase is a better driver when he is hungry.

They need to be separated and Chase needs a new voice on the pit box with a different personality. Alan just sounds so disinterested.

Sooner or later, Chase will get a new CC and win his second championship with that CC, and I'll be here to tell @AdoubleU24 told ya so ;)

To a fault. To a legitimate fault..and from what I hear, Alan doesn't seem to give a **** about Chase's self deprecating attitude. Chase is a better driver when he is hungry.

They need to be separated and Chase needs a new voice on the pit box with a different personality. Alan just sounds so disinterested.

Sooner or later, Chase will get a new CC and win his second championship with that CC, and I'll be here to tell @AdoubleU24 told ya so ;)

That would only work if they hadn't already won one together lol. Unless you're suggesting they aren't capable of doing it again. You'd have the odds in your favor because it's difficult to get multiple, but that's still a bold claim.

There's no pissing on him going on in this thread really, lol.

Saying he's not elite and that he's good for a couple of wins a year IF he gets hot just because he hasn't won in a season where he missed 1/3 of the races to date is exactly that. It's completely ridiculous and based on nothing but petty hatred.

Saying he's not elite and that he's good for a couple of wins a year IF he gets hot just because he hasn't won in a season where he missed 1/3 of the races to date is exactly that. It's completely ridiculous and based on nothing but petty hatred.
You obviously give some of these posters far more cleverness credit than they have.

The promise of 10 cup championships for Chase Elliott is still part the Felons master plan. Chadly is also coaching Elliott on maintaining the public realatons self depreciating tour, and to only play hardball in his private negotiations with the Felon.
To be clear it is prioritized every time Nascar and the US government reports on their assigned tasks and the results to the Felon.

The Felon's demands to initiate WWIII and to be given at least 50 % of the contracts is the only higher priority. And to be fair the man has to pay out of the pocket for Larson's ride, it aint going to pay for itself. People can always help pay for Larson's ride themselves if they really are bothered by the necessity for WWIII.

The promise of 10 cup championships for Chase Elliott is still part the Felons master plan. Chadly is also coaching Elliott on maintaining the public realatons self depreciating tour, and to only play hardball in his private negotiations with the Felon.
To be clear it is prioritized every time Nascar and the US government reports on their assigned tasks and the results to the Felon.

The Felon's demands to initiate WWIII and to be given at least 50 % of the contracts is the only higher priority. And to be fair the man has to pay out of the pocket for Larson's ride, it aint going to pay for itself. People can always help pay for Larson's ride themselves if they really are bothered by the necessity for WWIII.
****** genius. LOL. Outstanding! Thank you!

bull****. Just screwing around. Chase will be okay.

That would only work if they hadn't already won one together lol. Unless you're suggesting they aren't capable of doing it again. You'd have the odds in your favor because it's difficult to get multiple, but that's still a bold claim.
I'm talking about the human element man. They won one 4 seasons ago with a different generation of car.

And relationships wear thin, man. Tony and Zippy couldn't work together by the end of their tenure. Adam Stevens couldn't take anymore of Busch.

The talent and ability is there. But this isn't about that.

In the beginning he listened to Mommy and Daddy, I doubt6 that's the case anymore.

Figured I'd get a head start on the inevitable conversation. Read this article the other day, last sentence is key...

“One thing that makes Alan so good is the guy just stays middle of the road no matter what,” Elliott said. “Even when things are going the best they can possibly be going or things are the absolute worst they could possibly be. He just rides and maintains this middle-of-the-road attitude that I think you have to have to endure a long period of time in the sport. …

“Certainly this year, he’s been through some more challenges and just always keeps his head down and shows up to work every day, trying to be his very best. And that’s what he’s always done.”

“I feel like he’s always just tried to make me a priority and (provide) what I need and letting me be me,” Elliott said. “And I think that’s one thing that has extracted performance is he’s always just let me be myself, and he goes to work into making things the best he can be around that. And he’s never asked me to change. You know, we always work together and we have a very open and honest relationship and nobody gets their feelings hurt. And all those things are very important. So it’s been a pleasure to work with him and
I hope he’s not going away any time soon. I hope I’m not either.”

Back
Top Bottom