Atlanta Motor Speedway 2022 update

Or Kyle Larson. Or Kevin Harvick. Or Tony Stewart. Or take your pick. Let's be clear. This is the "What do those dumb race car drivers know about what good racing is?" position. Suits watching from suites know better.
Don't buy the driver's desire for good racing. Good racing to a winner is beating the hell out of the field by 15 seconds. Each driver wants what suits him best. You think Hamlin would be up for 36 Martinsvilles or Poconos? I do. Bubba gonna vote or 36 road courses because that would be "good racing?" Nope.

As a racing fan, who needs race car drivers as heroes when there are corporate executives to idolize? The drivers are always in the way with their opinions.

It's high time that NASCAR move toward self-driving technology to stay relevant. I'm sure the self-driving cars can be programmed to drone around the track "closer together" anyway, since that is the ultimate objective.

As a racing fan, who needs race car drivers as heroes when there are corporate executives to idolize? The drivers are always in the way with their opinions.

It's high time that NASCAR move toward self-driving technology to stay relevant. I'm sure the self-driving cars can be programmed to drone around the track "closer together" anyway, since that is the ultimate objective.
I wonder how much driver input was used to build Darlington, Daytona, Martinsville, Bristol etc......

Self driving cars.....I need aero package, 450-550 HP and Push rod length please

After. He's a promoter so he was defending his gate. Drivers value their hard cards apparently more than you

Only a total di*****d would narc a guy out for punching you when you had it coming. Sort of like how Mike Bliss kept his mouth shut when JG popped him at the airport.

Only a total di*****d would narc a guy out for punching you when you had it coming. Sort of like how Mike Bliss kept his mouth shut when JG popped him at the airport.
What? So you would punch him in the mouth off property and hope nobody else saw it or Eddie himself wouldnt report it because thats a dickhead move if you dont turn the other cheek? You are so full of it.

I remember reading gosh I think it was during the 02 or 03 race at Chicagoland that Jeff popped Mike Bliss one at the Peotone airport as the drivers were flying back to Charlotte. I never knew if that was true or not

I wonder how many REAL fans watched in comparison to UNREAL fans, Can't have UNREAL campers

Today we take a crusty old 1977 Coachmen Leprechaun on a 500 mile road trip to a NASCAR RACE!!

I gotta tell ya, a REAL fan like myself wouldnt be caught dead in that thing. I'm a Glamping kind of guy.

casual fans in campers. You can always tell who they are right? :cool:
not sure if I can tell casual vs real but I was just relating as to how I wouldnt stay in that rust bucket, hard pass for me. But that from appearances it seems that camper has some seen some things

What? So you would punch him in the mouth off property and hope nobody else saw it or Eddie himself wouldnt report it because thats a dickhead move if you dont turn the other cheek? You are so full of it.
If I pull a dick move and somebody blasts me for it, that's between me and him. I was a little drunk at a party once in high school and mouthed off to a guy I didn't like, but he hadn't actually done anything to me. He knocked me through a wooden louvered closet door and I ended up in a pile of laundry baskets and wooden door parts with a sore chin. End of story. I had it coming.

Regardless of whether who should have had input or not, there was and is nothing wrong with Atlanta. The racing hasn't been as good of late because of the 550 HP package. Give them back 750 and watch them slide around all over the place. As it is now, I don't think they could spin one out on purpose.

If I pull a dick move and somebody blasts me for it, that's between me and him. I was a little drunk at a party once in high school and mouthed off to a guy I didn't like, but he hadn't actually done anything to me. He knocked me through a wooden louvered closet door and I ended up in a pile of laundry baskets and wooden door parts with a sore chin. End of story. I had it coming.

Mere words shouldnt evoke violence. This isnt a high school party and losing a closet door isnt whats at stake.

I remember reading gosh I think it was during the 02 or 03 race at Chicagoland that Jeff popped Mike Bliss one at the Peotone airport as the drivers were flying back to Charlotte. I never knew if that was true or not
2005. It’s in his autobio.

Uh Oh. Rodney.....

I found an old painting of Rodney.

gettyimages-587490996.jpg

Evidently Rodney was being sarcastic

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This was part of another call in I had that I started the answer to a question with some sarcasm.. I would listen to the entire interview on <a href="https://twitter.com/YouTube?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@YouTube</a> thru <a href="https://twitter.com/cupscene?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@cupscene</a> .. <a href="https://t.co/dHQWOOJk1j">https://t.co/dHQWOOJk1j</a></p>&mdash; Rodney Childers (@RodneyChilders4) <a href="">July 9, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Which ever driver/team ran well or thinks they do at Atlanta aren't going to be all over the redo of the track. Use your heads. They do not care what the fans or anybody else thinks. They would be happy to win by two laps or more.

If you want to judge for yourselves the discussion starts around the 19:35 mark. The part about the racing being horrible seems flippant, but as he goes on he still doesn't seem too thrilled and mentions again at the end that it'll probably be around one lane, as a number of banked and repaved tracks have been to start. But come to your own conclusion.

If you want to judge for yourselves the discussion starts around the 19:35 mark. The part about the racing being horrible seems flippant, but as he goes on he still doesn't seem too thrilled and mentions again at the end that it'll probably be around one lane, as a number of banked and repaved tracks have been to start. But come to your own conclusion.

Hell, I didn't care what any of them had to say in the first place. They all have agendas. It means more work for all of them and I bet without a raise in pay.

Rodney tends to contradict himself when he says it will be one lane yet he said it will be like pack racing at Daytona

Rodney tends to contradict himself when he says it will be one lane yet he said it will be like pack racing at Daytona
yep he doesn't know squat about what it is going to be like except he has more work because of it. The ones who look at it as an opportunity are probably going to do real well and the whiners will be another story.

Rodney tends to contradict himself when he says it will be one lane yet he said it will be like pack racing at Daytonaaytona races are single lane
Daytona races are largely one lane freight trains until the final 25 laps. I see no contradiction in his statements

Back
Top Bottom