Austin Dillion Fan Favorite?

I love Loretta, Tammy, Patsy,, Barbra, and Dolly's music...but I have never really been much of a Reba fan. Don't ask me why because I don't really know...she is very pretty but I never really cared for her sitcom either.

As someone who grew up in the 90’s I’d like to throw out Shania Twain out there as well, She is/was one of my favorite country artists

I love Loretta, Tammy, Patsy,, Barbra, and Dolly's music...but I have never really been much of a Reba fan. Don't ask me why because I don't really know...she is very pretty but I never really cared for her sitcom either.
Reba was different in that she was the manager and business coordinator.
Dolly was the same. So these two were not from the same school and their music was different.
Loretta, Patsy and Tammy came from the old school of hard knocks and were very battered women.

Loretta is a legend, but not really that great of singer. Tammy was good, but her career was kind of a mess. Patsy was great, but her career was cut short. She never got the chance to prove longevity. Dolly is a wonderful person, and uniquely talented, but again, not a great singer She also hasn't been on the charts much for a couple decades. She's always had her "gimmicks". Barbra Mandrell was awesome, but her career was kind of cut short too. Shania is a pop singer. Reba has been cranking out country hits since about 1979, and has the record sales, the awards and the credibility in the industry to be the top dog. Though she's never been asked to show much range, her acting is decent too.

Wow, I was wondering how this thread was continuing to surface near the top. Since I am not a big fan of AD I had been avoiding it. Finally my curiosity got the best of me and I came to have a look see. If I had known it became a diva of country music thread I would have been reading it daily!

For some reason I was always attracted to Dottie West.

Okay, I have no idea how this thread ended up a female country singers thread, but (unpopular opinion, I know) I halfway like the new Reba KFC commercials.

Can't keep taking about the #3 until he does something so I am happy to see this thread derailed as a tribute to all the great ladies of country and older music. They were such a big part of my younger years and right up to Shania Twain who was born and sang in the local bars in Timmins, ON. Canada just down the road.

Wow, I was wondering how this thread was continuing to surface near the top. Since I am not a big fan of AD I had been avoiding it. Finally my curiosity got the best of me and I came to have a look see. If I had known it became a diva of country music thread I would have been reading it daily!

For some reason I was always attracted to Dottie West.

I always had the hots for Dottie when I was a kid.

Can't keep taking about the #3 until he does something so I am happy to see this thread derailed as a tribute to all the great ladies of country and older music. They were such a big part of my younger years and right up to Shania Twain who was born and sang in the local bars in Timmins, ON. Canada just down the road.

Shania is talented, and very pretty, but I just could never really buy her as a country singer. She was much more of a pop diva to me. My heart is with another Canadian girl that came along about the same time, Terri Clark. Not only do I love her singing, a TALL dark haired girl that wears boots and a cowboy hat just flat does it for me. :)

Shania is talented, and very pretty, but I just could never really buy her as a country singer. She was much more of a pop diva to me. My heart is with another Canadian girl that came along about the same time, Terri Clark. Not only do I love her singing, a TALL dark haired girl that wears boots and a cowboy hat just flat does it for me. :)
You got to notice Shania when she got popular but many of us know her while she was still singing in the local watering holes trying to get her career going. In those days she was all about country.
She made it to the top and went from free drinks to her net worth reported at $350,000,000.
Heck that puts her ahead of Junior. :)

I just felt that once she became known, Shania kind of used country music as a vehicle to bigger things, just as Taylor Swift did. The fact of who her ex-husband is probably played some part in.

You use the term "career altering race" loosely with this one. He and Bayne can stand side by side and say we are Daytona 500 winners. Austin has one more win in his career of 8 years in cup than I do. It will fool some of the people sure. Comparing the two, Bayne at least won his 500 clean. There will always be an asterisk by Dillions win by some of us fans. Got the ring though right? that is all that matters.

The dude has raced 4 full seasons in cup with 2 wins already at 2 of the biggest races of the year I see nothing but upside for Austin at least he speaks his mind and isn't BSing what his intention was.

The dude has raced 4 full seasons in cup with 2 wins already at 2 of the biggest races of the year I see nothing but upside for Austin at least he speaks his mind and isn't BSing what his intention was.

could be, he won a plate race and a fuel mileage race, they count as two though.

could be, he won a plate race and a fuel mileage race, they count as two though.
Does not matter what the circumstance was, he raced to the very end, no races shortened and won both of them fair and square... All I hear is jealousy and bullsh*t at least Austin isn't another paper cup type like Byron Bowman & Suarez and whoever else is completely forgettable.

Does not matter what the circumstance was, he raced to the very end, no races shortened and won both of them fair and square... All I hear is jealousy and bullsh*t at least Austin isn't another paper cup type like Byron Bowman & Suarez and whoever else is completely forgettable.
No, he's silver spoon, and gold plated cup. I don't dislike the guy, in fact he has grown on me a bit. Still I think he will be lucky to have double digit wins when he retires.

I just felt that once she became known, Shania kind of used country music as a vehicle to bigger things, just as Taylor Swift did. The fact of who her ex-husband is probably played some part in.
Which husband? Before or after the swap?

No, he's silver spoon, and gold plated cup. I don't dislike the guy, in fact he has grown on me a bit. Still I think he will be lucky to have double digit wins when he retires.
He needs a new PR person to help with the image thing and PLEASE get rid of the "slide in the grass".
Of all the racing I have watched, I still think Allen K. was the classiest in the Hooters #7.

Love Reba, Tammy, Patsy, Dolly, Patty, etc but I think the most underrated female country singer was Anita Carter (June’s lil sis).

He needs a new PR person to help with the image thing and PLEASE get rid of the "slide in the grass".
Of all the racing I have watched, I still think Allen K. was the classiest in the Hooters #7.

Get rid of the goofy slide and the black cowboy hat. He looks like a goober.

Get rid of the goofy slide and the black cowboy hat. He looks like a goober.

He's a PR person's dreamed up version of a NASCAR driver. He's a cliche of a NASCAR driver. He's right out of Talladega Nights.

Beard - check
Cowboy hat to remind you of the King - check
Some kind of racing lineage - check
Number 3 on the car - check

I just wished that he drove the Wonder Bread car.

He screamed to a 12th place finish in the Xfinity Vegas race.(no tatoo) His team mate Hemeric once again finished much higher in 6th. He did win an Xfinity championship in 13, he was win less that year.

When the inevitable GM Goodwrench/Black 3 throwback is run by Austin at one of the coming Southern 500’s (you just know it’s coming) Im going to sit back and enjoy watching this board meltdown. I’ll be amused with posters here who never met the guy ramp up the cheap shots at his beard, his wife, his “lucky wins”, his grandpa and cowboy hat. Meanwhile he’s won 2 of the four Crown Jewels in the sport which is more than can be said right now for the golden children of Larson, Blaney, Elliott, Wallace and whoever else this board fawns over. (BTW I’m guilty of this as I think Denny Hamlin is an unlikable as they come. Never met the guy, just judge on what I see and read in media)

Last edited:
There are some things that are best left alone.

A black Goodwrench 3 falls into that category in my opinion. It’s a matter of respect and good taste.

When the inevitable GM Goodwrench/Black 3 throwback is run by Austin at one of the coming Southern 500’s (you just know it’s coming) Im going to sit back and enjoy watching this board meltdown. I’ll be amused with posters here who never met the guy ramp up the cheap shots at his beard, his wife, his “lucky wins”, his grandpa and cowboy hat. Meanwhile he’s won 2 of the four Crown Jewels in the sport which is more than can be said right now for the golden children of Larson, Blaney, Elliott, Wallace and whoever else this board fawns over. (BTW I’m guilty of this as I think Denny Hamlin is an unlikable as they come. Never met the guy, just judge on what I see and read in media)

I could car less about the 3 car being back on the track. RCR put it back on the track in an attempt to capture more sponsorship dollars. Like I stated in another post, caring about the 3 car being back in victory lane is like caring that the number 16 was being worn by another QB when he won the Superbowl for the 49'ers. That just doesn't make any sense to me.

I could car less about the 3 car being back on the track. RCR put it back on the track in an attempt to capture more sponsorship dollars. Like I stated in another post, caring about the 3 car being back in victory lane is like caring that the number 16 was being worn by another QB when he won the Superbowl for the 49'ers. That just doesn't make any sense to me.
I can appreciate and understand that viewpoint. For me personally, it’s cool the 3 is back, it has won in some big races...IMO a whole new generation of fans can appreciate and learn the history behind the number and RCR Team.

what Harvick and Menard have done since they left Childress should make it pretty plain it doesn't matter what number they put on the door, the car isn't going to go any faster.

Back
Top Bottom