Bank of America Roval 400 Pre-Race thread.

Hard to say without knowing the ins and outs. They busted him pretty hard and Nascar could still be on their lets make an example phase.
All good now. Let's go retro on the blade too. Boys have at it. All of it.

What a ****** embarrassment.

MAYBE the answer is that reasonable people on the appeals board think NASCAR's penalties are excessive.
Naw, Byron has nothing to do with Bell's situation, but has created a blueprint for how to get out of it. Game on. Let's hit everything including the pace car. This is beyond a joke....it's an embarrassment.

MAYBE the answer is that reasonable people on the appeals board think NASCAR's penalties are excessive, as do I at times. I think NASCAR was embarrassed by their "miss" on this and threw the book at Byron to make up for it. Byron could have done the exact same thing under green and probably gotten no penalty at all, so I think 25 points is beyond excessive. Honestly I thought the panel would cut it down to 10 or 15, not eliminate the points penalty altogether.

MAYBE the answer is that reasonable people on the appeals board think NASCAR's penalties are excessive.

MAYBE the answer is that reasonable people on the appeals board think NASCAR's penalties are excessive, as do I at times. I think NASCAR was embarrassed by their "miss" on this and threw the book at Byron to make up for it. Byron could have done the exact same thing under green and probably gotten no penalty at all, so I think 25 points is beyond excessive. Honestly I thought the panel would cut it down to 10 or 15, not eliminate the points penalty altogether.
Got it. So, you would be good to overturn the Pocono result because a complete DQ was excessive?...or that one is probably just right? You cannot turn a guy under yellow...you just can't...the effect of parking him or holding him for a lap--which should have been done should have been calculated, and his points should have reflected that. You can't give Hamlin his win, but you can't give Willy any benefit from his bull****. They did, and it's wrong and bad for the sport. I have never wanted a guy to get taken out so bad as I do ole Willy. Let me be clear. I don't want him hurt, but I want him taken out. Badly. This is bull****....

1665152729447.png

Let's just close our eyes and imagine if Ty Gibbs had done this....but it's Willy....and he is such a nice kid.

Let's just close our eyes and imagine if Ty Gibbs had done this....but it's Willy....and he is such a nice kid.
It's best to just move on bud. Using wonder boy for an example is nuts. Not once but twice the hothead IN THE PITS with unprotected people working on cars has a temper tantrum that could have gotten people killed or seriously injured. Comparing that to Hambone taking a spin? Go get your yota rose colored glasses checked.

LOL. Ty did do it. Maybe if Hamlin had Erik Jones' talent, he could have kept his car under control. And Ty did much, much worse in addition to that.

As far as being a "nice kid".....Byron certainly carries himself better than Ty, which is why people like him better than Ty. What a novel concept.

Got it. So, you would be good to overturn the Pocono result because a complete DQ was excessive?...or that one is probably just right? You cannot turn a guy under yellow...you just can't...the effect of parking him or holding him for a lap--which should have been done should have been calculated, and his points should have reflected that. You can't give Hamlin his win, but you can't give Willy any benefit from his bull****. They did, and it's wrong and bad for the sport. I have never wanted a guy to get taken out so bad as I do ole Willy. Let me be clear. I don't want him hurt, but I want him taken out. Badly. This is bull****....

In my mind, there IS a difference between a black and white rules infraction and a judgement call from race control, or in this case an after the fact judgement call, but if JGR thought the DQ's were excessive, they should have appealed it. Who know what might have happened? If Denny misses the cut due to the points he theoretically missed out on at Texas, I would understand the angst, but if he advance, which I feel almost certain he will, then is this REALLY worth getting that worked up about? Also, why wasn't Denny penalized for retaliating against Byron under caution?

There again, there is a difference. William has been in NASCAR for what, seven years, and this is the first time I can think of where maybe he did something uncalled for. Ty has been doing something questionable every couple of months it seems. William is another driver that didn't have learn from a bunch of stupid moments. This kid has conducted himself as a professional since he came on the national scene, and he wasn't born into the sport.

I can tell you are waiting on pins and needles for my comments on Byron's penalty. But like I have said many times prior Nascar very seldom calls penalties like that one. In this case even when Byron ADMITTED it on national TV.
No I'm not. I didn't even watch the second half of the Texas race.
NASCAR doesn't issue penalties for reckless driving very often. I can remember a 30(?) points penalty for Gragson at Road America earlier this year and Sauter being suspended for wrecking Austin Hill under caution at Iowa in 2019.
So live and learn for the younger fans, and for the chronic complainers take heart there is one more thing to whine about the unfairness of life lol. Something for everybody.
Whatever. Looking forward to the Roval race.

That's a major change. It leaves a lot of grey area. Define deemed.

Sounds more like the Ty Gibbs Rule
Should have also included “Repeatedly obstructing or forcing another driver to veer on the track radically to avoid collision as a means of obvious retaliation.” That would be the Hambone rule following WWTR. Nothing done there, despite multiple episodes.

Should have also included “Repeatedly obstructing or forcing another driver to veer on the track radically to avoid collision as a means of obvious retaliation.” That would be the Hambone rule following WWTR. Nothing done there, despite multiple episodes.

Yep. It's hilarious to hear anyone up in arms about Byron tapping Hamlin at a safe speed under caution (which he absolutely deserved, by the way) when Hamlin went out of his way to be an obstacle for Chastain at race speeds. That's FAR worse IMO, and he didn't even get penalized for it.

Was at Rock the Roval tonight. Got to listen to Hamlin cry on stage. Then the boos, they where louder than the people yelling something that sounded like, Let Go Brandon

My Ex had double mastectomy surgery, they only found cancer in her left breast but she elected to have both removed because of family history, her mother died of breast cancer. She remains the positive, happy, playful woman she was before she had it. God bless all those who are fighting this awful disease, keep up the good fight.

I heard they weren't happy with the appeal boards decision and also modified the penalty to read "points AND fine" not "points OR fine".
Edit :Sorry I see they mention that in the tweet, I hadnt opened it.

Lots of people taking last night about how cool a night Roval race would be.
I can see it. You talk about sparks fylin and rotors glowing! Cars bottoming out making the transition from the infield on to the track. Yeah lets do it!

My Ex had double mastectomy surgery, they only found cancer in her left breast but she elected to have both removed because of family history, her mother died of breast cancer. She remains the positive, happy, playful woman she was before she had it. God bless all those who are fighting this awful disease, keep up the good fight.
It's in my wife's family, and her maternal GRANDFATHER died of it. She has a lump/cycst that keeps showing up on mammograms and they always freak out over it, but won't do a lumpectomy. At her OB's suggestion, they did the DNA test to look for the bracca (spelling?) gene that pretty much guarantees you'll have it. Waiting on those results led to some interesting google search history by me on mastectomies and reconstruction, etc. Thankfully she does not have the gene, but just facing that possibility tore me apart inside. Thoughts and prayers to you and your wife.

The 9 and 5 look like they're struggling with similar things at the moment

The 9 and 5 look like they're struggling with similar things at the moment
Yep. Wondering if my buying tickets was the kiss of death. Truly expected the Chase Elliott Invitational, instead it looks like we're getting the Dinger Show

Back
Top Bottom