Belgian GP Race Thread

One race lap technically. They’ve given partial points for races called deeper into the event, happened at Malaysia after thirty or so laps once. I hope that’s not what happens here after never even starting.

Looks like they might run 1 or 2 laps and award points that way. That’s pathetic, imo.

Does this count as a race win as well?

Looks like they might run 1 or 2 laps and award points that way. That’s pathetic, imo.

Does this count as a race win as well?
They’ll probably go out and do that if they get down to around 15-20 minutes left on the clock and haven’t gotten going yet. I think it’s still a race win.

They’ll probably go out and do that if they get down to around 15-20 minutes left on the clock and haven’t gotten going yet. I think it’s still a race win.
No way they will be able to get all 39 laps in.

This will be a literal sprint race.

I hope they at least talk it over with the teams before going out and completing 2 laps under safety car. This has a huge impact on the championship. It feels very unearned.

It's coming down solid. Even if it stopped now, it will be at least an hour to all the standing water to run off. They might (maybe) get this one in after all, but will we get to see it?

Does F1 have any provisions to run the race on Monday? They have another race next week but NASCAR does that every week, even after running a race on Monday.

Masi is just making rules up as he goes. Now the race clock has stopped.

Masi is just making rules up as he goes. Now the race clock has stopped.

It's hilarious how formalized and yet arbitrary this is. There's a clock we're all bound by. The stewards can stop it, but they can't add time to it unless Superman is available to reverse the Earth's orbit.

It looks like they are going to try to squeeze in a 1 hour race. I hope they don't rush it in bad conditions. I'de rather reschedule than have them race in unsafe conditions.

Makes me appreciate NASCAR and IndyCar more after this.

I do like the sanctioning body is not slacking on decision making this time around though. After Lando's shunt yesterday, that was a huge wake up call.

Last edited:
It's been called. It's over.

I'm not sure it's fair to award any points when there are no green flag laps. but if that's the way the rules are written it's the same for everyone. I just hope the championship doesn't hinge on those points.

Biggest winner: Williams with both cars in the points, virtually assuring them of finishing ahead of Haas.

Biggest loser: Haas, who now has next to no chance of finishing better than last.

It appears F1 isn't very flexible or able to adapt to race the following day. They put in two laps to meet a requirement to count a race that wasn't raced.

The fact that they’re awarding points for a few caution laps makes every dumb decision and every fan screwing every other sanctioning body has done, seem tiny. This is the biggest joke I’ve ever seen!

imagine being a ticketholder to this!

Sure, it's a joke, but what else could they have done? They couldn't race, and they probably couldn't reschedule. I'm not so sure I agree with awarding point though.

Enjoyed the commentators we have for the F1 races as they are very entertaining but I do feel bad for the fans at the race. Disappointed I didn't get to see an actual race at one of my favorite tracks but I hope Zandvoort will make up for it.

Glad to see Max close in on points a little bit again but that’s a bit of a Mickey Mouse win really. Goofy rule book, I’d be gutted as a paying fan.

Good thing we have Zandvoort and Monza next two weeks at least. The crowd should be electric next weekend.

What a load of crap there's wanting to be "pure" racing and then there is this farce.

With the next track only about three hours away, running the next day should have been possible logistically. Oh well…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This leaves a bitter taste that just makes you want to quit watching.

F1 manages to one up NASCAR in manufacturing races and championships. There is no way this doesn’t affect it.

Back
Top Bottom