Bounty on Kyle Busch

Why am I having flashbacks to the NO Saints' Bountygate scandal? I can see this leading to Matt Kenseth making a standing offer to put the #22 in the wall at M'ville every fall. Even for charity, NASCAR should think long and hard about starting down this road, esp. with the increasing involvement of gambling on the sport. Who knows what length @aunty dive will go to in order to score a fantasy title?

Why am I having flashbacks to the NO Saints' Bountygate scandal? I can see this leading to Matt Kenseth making a standing offer to put the #22 in the wall at M'ville every fall. Even for charity, NASCAR should think long and hard about starting down this road, esp. with the increasing involvement of gambling on the sport. Who knows what length @aunty dive will go to in order to score a fantasy title?

You best be worried about me on that front.

I completely agree !!!
In a vacuum, I do too, but I also think it showcases the talent at the cup level.

These Truck drivers are still pros, and could whip any of us, and can probably whip drivers who could whip the best amateur racers we've seen.

So for a cup talent to come in and be such a difference maker..kinda cool sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This is so good for everyone concerned. NASCAR should pay Kevin $50,000 for the idea and then put him on retainer.

Kevin's always had great ideas for the sport, now they're just starting to listen.

Love how there’s absolutely zero outrage and some excitement when Larson and Chase announce they’re running Truck races. The hypocrisy is unbelievable lol. (For the record I don’t care when cup guys do it)

No hypocrisy here. With any luck, Kyle and Chase will take each other out on lap 1 and leave the race to the regulars.

ER0tTkrUcAAXvRq

Love how there’s absolutely zero outrage and some excitement when Larson and Chase announce they’re running Truck races. The hypocrisy is unbelievable lol. (For the record I don’t care when cup guys do it)
Probably because most people are focusing on the battle between the 2 and the natural curiosity of CAN Kyle Busch be beat.

There are 4 KBM race trucks on their way over to the wind tunnel and 4 more waiting for some 8 post time at Gibbs.

Three or four uninterrupted 24 hour days later, they change places and do it again. Kyle will be ready. I hope GMS is.

There are 4 KBM race trucks on their way over to the wind tunnel and 4 more waiting for some 8 post time at Gibbs.

Three or four uninterrupted 24 hour days later, they change places and do it again. Kyle will be ready. I hope GMS is.
I hear he's playing the Rocky theme and running the steps at Atlanta Motor Speedway

What's new? He has been outspending everybody for years.

One would think he called you asking to borrow some money. :D

Presumably you will be cheering for Elliott and Larson.

The problem is that even with Chase and Larson running the GMS trucks those guys are still at a pretty big disadvantage. IMO the KBM equipment is definitely at a higher level than everyone else in the field. Once you put a driver of Kyle's caliber in that level of equipment anything less than a win should be considered embarrassing.

NASCAR Western theme played out on the Truck stage is marketing gold -- hope it lives up to the hype.

I might even watch the Atlanta race live.

The problem is that even with Chase and Larson running the GMS trucks those guys are still at a pretty big disadvantage. IMO the KBM equipment is definitely at a higher level than everyone else in the field. Once you put a driver of Kyle's caliber in that level of equipment anything less than a win should be considered embarrassing.

Agree 100%. It's going to take more than Elliott and Larson to bridge the gap between GMS and KBM.

I find that amusing as well. I've always thought there should be no limits at all on cup drivers in Xfinity and trucks.

KBM's equipment isn't at a higher level IMO, it's the fact that a cup driver is in the seat. They(4 trucks) were beat by an underfunded single truck Toyota team Hattori for the title in 2018, KBM didn't make the final round in 2019, and so far this year Hattori has the fastest Yotas in the points and Ford/Enfinger has the only win besides the cup driver. He IS the king of the little leagues and the hype that follows by the fan boys in the booth gives the casual fan that impression.

You've got a great point.

BUT if Kyle B (in limited sched) is already gonna run in the Truck Race, then let's have a race -- and if that means bringing in the Cuppers, then at least they might put on a show and give Kyle some competition.

BUT if Kyle Busch is already gonna run in the Truck Race, then let's have a race -- and if that means bringing in the Cuppers, then at least they might put on a show and give Kyle some competition.

The point is a whole lot of fans are sick and tired of KDB racing in a series he doesn't belong in, he's not great for business and this idea by Harvick is making the best of the lopsided situation.

BUT if Kyle B (in limited sched) is already gonna run in the Truck Race, then let's have a race -- and if that means bringing in the Cuppers, then at least they might put on a show and give Kyle some competition.

I love to see drivers dominate races and I say that as a Kyle Busch hater. In a hypothetical world where Kyle was allowed and could actually run every truck and Xfinity race he would get beat occasionally by some of the series regulars. Xfinity and trucks are professional race series. Why does anyone feel sorry for professional drivers not performing to a high standard against good competition? It's a shame most fans actually prefer to reduce them to something where everyone gets a participation trophy.

I love to see drivers dominate races and I say that as a Kyle Busch hater. In a hypothetical world where Kyle was allowed and could actually run every truck and Xfinity race he would get beat occasionally by some of the series regulars. Xfinity and trucks are professional race series. It's a shame most fans actually prefer to reduce them to something where everyone gets a participation trophy.

you are definitely in the minority FWIW. and it is bad for business

Back
Top Bottom