BREAKING: Majority owners explore sale of NASCAR

I recall reading a post quite awhile ago that showed that NASCAR gets 10% and passes the rest of on to the sport (tracks and teams). I know that my state paid a lot of money for stadiums and the teams get most of the income from those places; I wish my state got the income for providing other sports their place of business.

So it is safe to say your not a big NHL fan. :D
That's the game with the flat black ball and the crooked bats, right? :p

It's safe to say I'm not an NHL fan; big, little, or otherwise. My recognition of NHL names begins with Gretsky and ends with Howe.

The sanctioning body, the organization that sets and enforces the rules, sanctions the races, and holds the contracts for TV, media, series, and sponsorships. NOT the separate company that owns the tracks.
I fully understand NASCAR and ISC are separate entities. But when the France family say they're looking at selling NASCAR, does that mean just the name, the arm that controls the TV contracts, etc., the arm that holds the licenses, or the whole thing? A big company like NASCAR is made up of several smaller branches. A person has to know exactly what they are selling before they want to buy it.

It also looks like they will still hold a minority interest. If I'm a buyer, I don't want the France family involved in any decisions even if their voice is less than mine (buyer).

I fully understand NASCAR and ISC are separate entities. But when the France family say they're looking at selling NASCAR, does that mean just the name, the arm that controls the TV contracts, etc., the arm that holds the licenses, or the whole thing? A big company like NASCAR is made up of several smaller branches. A person has to know exactly what they are selling before they want to buy it.

It also looks like they will still hold a minority interest. If I'm a buyer, I don't want the France family involved in any decisions even if their voice is less than mine (buyer).
My understanding is it's the 'whole thing', but I'm not aware of the smaller branches you mention. I've read nothing about the Frances retaining portions or divisions for themselves, or excluding parts of NASCAR from the sale.

My understanding is it's the 'whole thing', but I'm not aware of the smaller branches you mention. I've read nothing about the Frances retaining portions or divisions for themselves, or excluding parts of NASCAR from the sale.
Holdings, Productions, Media Group, Iowa Speedway, etc.

That's the game with the flat black ball and the crooked bats, right? :p

It's safe to say I'm not an NHL fan; big, little, or otherwise. My recognition of NHL names begins with Gretsky and ends with Howe.
I think began with Howe and ended with Gretzky in my mind anyway. No one will ever surpass Gretzky stats.

I've decided to dial back my interest in this until a deal is announced. G'night everybody.
eh, to some it is like slinging caca at the wall to see if it sticks. I can't believe anybody thinks it would be a simple sale but some do. So far I am not convinced it will even happen. If a large corporation was really involved, Somebody would have leaked it by now with an under the table bribe I would think. I give it another week to see if that happens.

we should ask @Allenbaba if he knows anything about this

I believe Nascar is very interested in selling Nascar and maybe ISC as well. Maybe they are interested in buying a different sports package. However first you must float the balloon and see what interest is out there. Sooner or later someone will suggest an offer.

That's how I see this --- a trial balloon to test the air.

getting all tin foilly, Brian France hasn't been seen at the tracks or around since last year, Dewar instead of Brian writes the memo. Dewar is going to the tracks this year for the most part. There might be family problems. This could be everything from a wake up call to Brian, a family spat, jealousy over putting Ben in charge of the trucks, to a real deal.

Usually when Goldman lets it be known a company is for sale, they are well down that road and already have a buyer in mind. The fact that the Frances didn't deny it immediately all but confirms this. At this point it would be a bigger black eye if a deal can't be reached.

Such is the shadow world of M&A

Usually when Goldman lets it be known a company is for sale, they are well down that road and already have a buyer in mind. The fact that the Frances didn't deny it immediately all but confirms this. At this point it would be a bigger black eye if a deal can't be reached.

Such is the shadow world of M&A

Agree. There has already been a deep financial analysis, projected revenue trending, development of the initial prospectus, etc. Likely some exploratory, generalized conversations at dinners relative to possibilities. Doesn’t mean anything is close, certainly not imminent, but public reveal without a denial is called advertising.

getting all tin foilly, Brian France hasn't been seen at the tracks or around since last year, Dewar instead of Brian writes the memo. Dewar is going to the tracks this year for the most part. There might be family problems. This could be everything from a wake up call to Brian, a family spat, jealousy over putting Ben in charge of the trucks, to a real deal.
I agree, after his idiotic handoff of the champions award to Ryan Truex he seemed to drop off the face of the earth. Maybe a really long rehab program?

Well my wife and I discussed this last night. I have decided to buy NASCAR with her permission.. I called down to Daytona today to inquire. I told them I had $500 CASH to put down, all I need to know is how much are the payments gonna be? They said they'd get back with me. You heard it here first, and I will remember all you "little people" when I'm running the show. Free hot dogs and beer for everyone at every track. That's just the beginning. As Barney Fife would say, "it's gonna be big!!! real big!!!".

Well my wife and I discussed this last night. I have decided to buy NASCAR with her permission.. I called down to Daytona today to inquire. I told them I had $500 CASH to put down, all I need to know is how much are the payments gonna be? They said they'd get back with me. You heard it here first, and I will remember all you "little people" when I'm running the show. Free hot dogs and beer for everyone at every track. That's just the beginning. As Barney Fife would say, "it's gonna be big!!! real big!!!".
Well I called them and offered $501

Well I called them and offered $501
HEY HEY HEY!!! Don't go gumming up the works. Brian doesn't need to much to contemplate all in one day. Be better off if we partnered, $250.50 each. Helps my cash flow.

When did that ever happen?! I remember one race ahead a few times. Most years it came down to the last race.
I believe Harvick won the 2006 Busch title by 800 some points and had it wrapped up 4 races before. That's the worst I remember it being

It makes it exciting! Instead of someone clinching the championship with 6 races to go
If that happened there were usually close spots fought for further down the standings. Probably wasn't good for single driver fans, but I thought it was interesting. The closest thing to it was Newman nerfing Larson to get into the playoffs lately, or the hustle to finish in the points for the stages. I think it would be lights out if they went way back to the early points system and kept the stages

we should ask @Allenbaba if he knows anything about this
Yeah, the exploration is real. A lot of mixed emotions from drivers, team owners, stake holders etc with regards to a potential sale (at least the ones I've spoken to). Some are definitely in the camp of really wanting change. Badly. While others are in the camp of "be careful what you wish for...someone might come in here and REALLY blow things up." The truth is, for some drivers, owners etc...the current state of NASCAR isn't that bad for them. Most are rich to the point of being able to retire whenever they want, and are very comfortable with the status quo. Most old people don't like change.

Yeah, the exploration is real. A lot of mixed emotions from drivers, team owners, stake holders etc with regards to a potential sale (at least the ones I've spoken to). Some are definitely in the camp of really wanting change. Badly. While others are in the camp of "be careful what you wish for...someone might come in here and REALLY blow things up." The truth is, for some drivers, owners etc...the current state of NASCAR isn't that bad for them. Most are rich to the point of being able to retire whenever they want, and are very comfortable with the status quo. Most old people don't like change.

When you talk about people inside Nascar wanting change, are you talking about changes in the way races are ran and championships are won? Or are they more along the line of changes within the inner workings of the teams and Nascar which wouldn't have much impact on the viewer?

Is the split between long term people and less established? Or a mixture?

When you talk about people inside Nascar wanting change, are you talking about changes in the way races are ran and championships are won? Or are they more along the line of changes within the inner workings of the teams and Nascar which wouldn't have much impact on the viewer?
It's in broad terms. Many think new management/leadership is required. Why, specifically...I don't know. I imagine everyone has their reasons.

Back
Top Bottom