BREAKING: Majority owners explore sale of NASCAR

Can't get to a local track if you don't have one.

Now the nearest short track is over an hour away.

My point? The demand is there, but there's no supply. I'm sure central Ohio is not alone in this.

I hear you about Columbus, but if you are willing to travel up to 2 hours you have some of the best short track racing in the country to choose from. Probably close to 15 tracks. I used to live up there and envy those options. I now live is South Florida where the closest track is over 3 hours away and hardly worth driving to unless it is February during speedweeks.

Like I said, compare attendance numbers between levels.
Hard to do, 23 Cup level NASCAR tracks VS 1,200 tracks listed in the National Speedway Directory (understood this includes drag strips, go cart tracks, some tracks that are closed, etc). I am pretty sure overall attendance at these short tracks far exceeds NASCAR cup level races.

Hard to do, 23 Cup level NASCAR tracks VS 1,200 tracks listed in the National Speedway Directory (understood this includes drag strips, go cart tracks, some tracks that are closed, etc). I am pretty sure overall attendance at these short tracks far exceeds NASCAR cup level races.

You would have to figure out a way to account for that.

As far as no short tracks in Columbus, lol literally the top dirt track in the country is 1:45 west of you. I get it though, having close options would be nice, luckily in NW Ohio you have Fremont and Attica for dirt and Toledo for asphalt but the state has some damn good racing. The fact that Mid Ohio doesn’t get a cup date boggles my mind though

As far as no short tracks in Columbus, lol literally the top dirt track in the country is 1:45 west of you. I get it though, having close options would be nice, luckily in NW Ohio you have Fremont and Attica for dirt and Toledo for asphalt but the state has some damn good racing. The fact that Mid Ohio doesn’t get a cup date boggles my mind though

I go to Fremont once a year.....

xGuPgvsh.jpg

Eldora and Mid Ohio are next on the list, hopefully I'll get to both the truck and xfinity races this year.

It just really sucks that we had such a great track within a short driving distance (only 20 minutes for me) and it was taken away.

I go to Fremont once a year.....

xGuPgvsh.jpg

Eldora and Mid Ohio are next on the list, hopefully I'll get to both the truck and xfinity races this year.

It just really sucks that we had such a great track within a short driving distance (only 20 minutes for me) and it was taken away.
Two thumbs up on Fremont. One of the best short tracks around in my opinion. To bad they can settle their differences with ASCOC and have them racing there again.

That is a strange way of wording it lol

"locked and loaded" - I have no idea what he's trying to say with this one

"doing our thing" - what else would they be doing?

"focused on what we've got to get done" - ...I hope that's always the case

That is a strange way of wording it lol

"locked and loaded" - I have no idea what he's trying to say with this one

"doing our thing" - what else would they be doing?

"focused on what we've got to get done" - ...I hope that's always the case

he said nothing. I imagine he worked on saying that for weeks. :D

Two thumbs up on Fremont. One of the best short tracks around in my opinion. To bad they can settle their differences with ASCOC and have them racing there again.

Well a big hit to Fremont is that Mansfield is trying to be just like Eldora and stealing a lot of the big draws. You guys have to go to Attica though, a little wider and high banked with a full size videoboard makes it a perfect viewing spot

a good one for the non existent death bed thread

Looking at the actual report Brian France is listed simply as "Director" with annual compensation of about $53,000. Given his current position, he does not seem to be the "face of NASCAR", but yet we saw him had off the champions award to Truex and recently attended the ceremony at the White House. Seems more logical to me that one of the actual acting five executives should be seen in this role, not Brian. True he is a major stockholder, but that is about it in my opinion.

Looking at the actual report Brian France is listed simply as "Director" with annual compensation of about $53,000. Given his current position, he does not seem to be the "face of NASCAR", but yet we saw him had off the champions award to Truex and recently attended the ceremony at the White House. Seems more logical to me that one of the actual acting five executives should be seen in this role, not Brian. True he is a major stockholder, but that is about it in my opinion.

Some of this is true in that many signs point toward Brian France having stepped back from day-to-day operations. However, you're looking at the report for ISC, which Brian France has never been at the head of. He is still technically the CEO and Chairman of NASCAR. Brent Dewar is President, Steve Phelps is now COO.

Some of this is true in that many signs point toward Brian France having stepped back from day-to-day operations. However, you're looking at the report for ISC, which Brian France has never been at the head of. He is still technically the CEO and Chairman of NASCAR. Brent Dewar is President, Steve Phelps is now COO.
Ok, got you...too bad for NASCAR!

I believe Brian sold all his shares in Nascar.
The president of the Red Cross had her financial statement showing 7 million. Now her income is $450,000 with a 6 million dollar expense account.
I suspect much of Brian's salary is hidden because of spousal support.:D

Back
Top Bottom