BUBBA WALLACE FINISHED SECOND!

While I do think the equipment has regressed significantly since Aric was last in the car, Aric is much more consistent.

This Petty team and Aric's are completely different. Having big contributions from Smithfield made all the difference and it shows.

RPM is on the cusp of closing at this point. @aroundgoes is some silly troll.

Bubba had a chance to really make some noise, he needs to show more patience. That block by Blaney was vicious as well. Onto the next one, but time is ticking on this team.

This Petty team and Aric's are completely different. Having big contributions from Smithfield made all the difference and it shows.

Bubba had a chance to really make some noise, he needs to show more patience. That block by Blaney was vicious as well. Onto the next one, but time is ticking on this team.

I was checking the standings before Dega. The Petty team was beating or in the neighborhood of Jones, Buescher, and Preece and Hemric, all teams with much larger budgets

ok, so apparently there are things that even in this forum cannot be said...
so let me rephrase.

In the last couple of years he has shown nothing in terms of talent and results and there are at least a dozen drivers more talented than him that should have gotten that seat.
So what is the reason why, in your opinion, he still has a job? Does anything come to mind?

so let me rephrase.

In the last couple of years he has shown nothing in terms of talent and results and there are at least a dozen drivers more talented than him that should have gotten that seat.
So what is the reason why, in your opinion, he still has a job? Does anything come to mind?
Yes it does. He's better than the equipment that he's in. That's my opinion.

I was checking the standings before Dega. The Petty team was beating or in the neighborhood of Jones, Buescher, and Preece and Hemric, all teams with much larger budgets
Average finish through nine races:

Jones - 15.9
Buescher - 20.1
Preece - 23.1
Wallace - 25.6
Hemric - 26.3

so let me rephrase.

Last year he scored three top 10s, lead laps on pace, and put the car in places it shouldn't be at times.

This year comes down to RPM being in worse shape than it was last season. He's giving everything that car has and he's stated it publically the team needs money. On the totem pole, he is where he's supposed to be. RPM lost a ton of personnel as well losing their crew chief and promoted a random engineer within the team.

Bubba may not be a championship caliber driver, I think he could be, but he has the potential to be a very good one at least. Murstein and Petty took the risk in hiring him, I'm certain they are doing everything with what they have.

Bubba's got the ability, but days like today and the speed he showed is rare to have it from the start. He has to be more patient and make the best of what is there atm. That car today was a rocket, easily a top 10 finish if he kept it clean.

so let me rephrase.

Bubba's better than the car he's in.

There are a lot of drivers more talented than Aric Almirola, Kyle Larson and Daniel Suarez too

Last year he scored three top 10s, lead laps on pace, and put the car in places it shouldn't be at times.

This year comes down to RPM being in worse shape than it was last season. He's giving everything that car has and he's stated it publically the team needs money. On the totem pole, he is where he's supposed to be. RPM lost a ton of personnel as well losing their crew chief and promoted a random engineer within the team.

Bubba may not be a championship caliber driver, I think he could be, but he has the potential to be a very good one at least. Murstein and Petty took the risk in hiring him, I'm certain they are doing everything with what they have.

Bubba's got the ability, but days like today and the speed he showed is rare to have it from the start. He has to be more patient and make the best of what is there atm. That car today was a rocket, easily a top 10 finish if he kept it clean.

On one hand, you have to be patient. On the other, Bubba could be racing for a job every single week. If the financial issues are as bad as been suggested, we could reach the point that the 43 car isn't at the track.

so let me rephrase.

name these dozen drivers with more talent who would WANT the seat.

Impressive...

Like everybody else

With the car he has, it is impressive. He has the chops to do it, but can RPM or Bubba attract a sponsor to stick? That's all it is money.

This team is not in good shape, but I expect him to be better come the July race at Daytona. He's got to tone down the aggressiveness a notch.

This is not just excuses for him because he's f*cked up some great opprotunties as well. He wrecked a lot of cars last year, many due to failures, but that abysmal weekend at the Roval... Lets be honest, he was sh*t that weekend.

Also, who would want the seat? Better be someone with a big sponsor coming through the door.

Bubba did a great thing today. He sent the 4 car home. All was right with the world after that.

Bubba does what he can with what he has. RPM, sadly ain't what it used to be. It ain't what it was a couple years ago. No one knows what a seat may become available. I would hope his name would be considered. How long did Sterling Marlin ride around in Cup in inferior equipment before he won two Daytona 500s? Lake Speed, Brett Bodine, rode for a long time before they found the winners circle. Some really great drivers never won a Cup race. One main ingredient is the seat their butt sets in. Bubba is in a tight spot, I hope better days are ahead for him and Petty. Money is speed.

Eric has was better equipment now though.. how could you compare ?
Eric got bumped out of shape today and saved his car with fast hands. Bubba didn't like hitting the inside wall so he hit the outside wall. Good or better equipment makes no difference if you can't drive it.

I must agree with you 100 percent, Bubba earned his salt today. Any race the bully fails to finish is a good race.
I read a tweet from Pockrass saying Harvick made a smartass remark to Wallace when their paths crossed in the infield....something to the effect of “can’t push, huh?”....

I read a tweet from Pockrass saying Harvick made a smartass remark to Wallace when their paths crossed in the infield....something to the effect of “can’t push, huh?”....
What I saw at Dega is no chevy can push worth a damn all because they have a slightly pointed nose. Maybe that is the design flaw they are having trouble overcoming.??

name these dozen drivers with more talent who would WANT the seat.
In no particular order

1 John Hunter Nemecheck
2 Brett Moffitt
3 Stewart Friesen
4 Jessie Little
5 Michael McDowell
6 Ben Rhodes
7 Landon Cassill
8 Christopher Bell
9 Ryan Sieg
10 Noah Gragson
11 Grant Enfinger
12 Cole Custer

In no particular order

1 John Hunter Nemecheck
2 Brett Moffitt
3 Stewart Friesen
4 Jessie Little
5 Michael McDowell
6 Ben Rhodes
7 Landon Cassill
8 Christopher Bell
9 Ryan Sieg
10 Noah Gragson
11 Grant Enfinger
12 Cole Custer
I agree with 9 of those, but Custer, Gragson and Bell are pretty much shoo ins for top cup rides.

I too thought Blaney through a nasty block, but the replay showed otherwise. I really really want to see BUBBA stay in Cup and hope they can pull something out of the hat this year

I too thought Blaney through a nasty block, but the replay showed otherwise. I really really want to see BUBBA stay in Cup and hope they can pull something out of the hat this year
Maybe in another real car he might have a chance. That car is a slow moving billboard.

Hard to tell from the viewing angle, but the way Blaney's car moved, it looked like Wallace was up against him and was trying to pass him instead of pushing, or it was a really bad attempt at pushing.

Ty Dillon? Wallace is better head to head in Cup right now. Buscher is in better equipment and Wallace is beating him head to head right now. Hemric? What has he done to show he would be better then Wallace? Wallace has better stats overall in Xfinity and Trucks. Reddick, good driver but nothing that shows he deserves the ride over Wallace. Sadler? Yesterdays news.

This aged well Lol

Ty Dillon has a 18.9 average finish this year along with 2 stage wins, Bubba 26.9

Buescher has been more sucessful

Hemric is ahead of Bubba in standings and aveerage finish and has finished more races than Bubba

Reddick is a xfinity champ and won in xfinity unlike Bubba

So basically we both agree that there are a lot of drivers out there that deserve that seat more than Wallace
I agree. Wallace would be much better off trying for the best finish he can while bringing he car home in one piece. Over driving doesn't bode well.

This aged well Lol

Ty Dillon has a 18.9 average finish this year along with 2 stage wins, Bubba 26.9

Hemric is ahead of Bubba in standings and aveerage finish and has finished more races than Bubba

All, especially Dillon and Hemric, in better equipment. I’m no Bubba fan but his equipment is definitely not even close to equal.

This aged well Lol

You post something I wrote in May of last year and think its still relevant with all the changes that have happened since? RPM is on its last leg and is no has no where near the funding of any of the others. Nice to see that my post bothered you that much though that you had to go dig it up so you could compare apples and oranges now, a year later.

This aged well Lol

Money makes the cars faster, I guess you didn't know that. Your true colors are showing, Bubba is a great representative for the team. I doubt anyone will want the seat anyways atm, not unless some major sponsor comes about. There are plenty of talented drivers out there, I like who you mentioned, but Petty choose Bubba and I think he's going to continue on with him until the ship goes down.

Bubba and Blaney should star in a remake of Step Brothers -- include Bubba's drum set...

I feel like they're being forced on NASCAR fans.

Meanwhile Chase in a Chevy running all those 2d Place finishes and then starting his Cup winning on road course, super speedways, mile, mile-and-a-half...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom