BUBBA WALLACE FINISHED SECOND!

Bubba is showing the potential I thought he had all along. Driving for THAT team, it isn't going to look that good every week, but he has shown that when they give him something to work with, he can shine. I said before the season started, that I thought Almirola would do vastly better in the 10 car, and that Bubba would do better than Almirola did in the 43, and so far, it's playing out. There should be two very happy car owners.

I wouldn't go that far. Aric had a pretty respectable year going until his injury.
Even after his injury, he came back and drove the car home to some pretty neat results.
The 8th at Texas, beating all RCR teams and all but one Chevy there, and leading not fluky laps at Bristol are more impressive and meaningful than any result at Daytona, good or bad.
Thank you. I put more stock into those results, as well.

This is true, but, I think he used his tires up doing it, as his finishing spot, 16th one lap down reflects, but hay, he proved a point anyway.
Blickensurfer said the track didn't swing the way he thought it would. I think it fooled more then one team

Blickensurfer said the track didn't swing the way he thought it would. I think it fooled more then one team

Just read an article Bubba has on Jayski, that he was as perplexed as anyone as to why he was like shot out of a cannon and then fizzled. He states they were having problems with the from left tire locking up off and on and the car just lost it's gettyup go.
Anyway, he did show he could get it done when the car is right and he did it cleanly, from what I saw.

This is true, but, I think he used his tires up doing it, as his finishing spot, 16th one lap down reflects, but hay, he proved a point anyway.

I chalk some of that up to the learning experience. Like several other talented young drivers out there, he's still learning to go Cup distances against Cup competition with Cup horsepower. He'll have that valuable experience for the next time. I worked with some guys that came right from running 30 lap features to running 200 lap ARCA races. You really have to adjust your mindset and be mentally and physically prepared for it.

Just read an article Bubba has on Jayski, that he was as perplexed as anyone as to why he was like shot out of a cannon and then fizzled. He states they were having problems with the from left tire locking up off and on and the car just lost it's gettyup go.
Anyway, he did show he could get it done when the car is right and he did it cleanly, from what I saw.

Here is another interview, pretty good. Lack of tires this one says

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/...disappointed-bubba-wallace-fades-late-bristol

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but I noticed in Bubba's pre race interview yesterday he had on an RPM hoodie with a huge Nike swoosh on the left chest. May be something to look out for there as I don't believe Nike has ever been involved in the sport. Adidas, Puma, and Under Armour have. Nike would be HUGE. I don't think he'd be out there sporting their logo for no reason.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but I noticed in Bubba's pre race interview yesterday he had on an RPM hoodie with a huge Nike swoosh on the left chest. May be something to look out for there as I don't believe Nike has ever been involved in the sport. Adidas, Puma, and Under Armour have. Nike would be HUGE. I don't think he'd be out there sporting their logo for no reason.

Hamlin has been the sole Jordan athlete in NASCAR racing, that would be cool to see Bubba help bring in Nike brand. I wonder if Bubba still has the same management team that is over LeBron James? The guy who has a lifetime deal with Nike...

Hamlin has been the sole Jordan athlete in NASCAR racing, that would be cool to see Bubba help bring in Nike brand. I wonder if Bubba still has the same management team that is over LeBron James? The guy who has a lifetime deal with Nike...
I did some digging last night and couldn't really find much, but I did come across this:

https://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/nascar-shr-signs-deal-with-nike-announces-logo-change-102716

I had no idea SHR signed a deal with Nike to be their outfitter last year. Was probably posted here and I overlooked it. So they're already in the sport with a ford team, and now he's wearing their stuff on television. Would be awesome to see them expand.

(waits for Andy to praise his 25th place finish)

?

Made a mistake and paid for it, Jesus you act like he did something terrible. Probably his biggest weakness is getting on and off pit road.

His pace was in 15th to 20th all day, then the penalty ensues. He's honestly been punching above his weight this past couple of weeks.

Hmmm. Dover this weekend. Isn't that where Bubba felt like he got mugged by his teammate a couple years ago? Hmmm...

Has finished outside the top 20 3 out of the last 4 races

yep he's the real deal
I don't think Bubba is the second coming of Christ, but being a rookie driver with a mediocre single-car operation is not a good position to be in. I don't know how much data sharing/collaboration there is with RCR, but even they're not good.

He finished 15 places better than the car and driver did last spring at Kansas. Numbers, you can use them to justify almost anything.
That's funny I don't remember Bubba being in a fiery crash like Aric was last year. Also, even with his crash, Aric's average running position was 22, and he qualified 13th. Bubba's average running position was 31 Saturday night. I like both drivers, but some people way overstate what Bubba is doing this year. So, yes, you can use numbers to justify a lot of things.

That's funny I don't remember Bubba being in a fiery crash like Aric was last year. Also, even with his crash, Aric's average running position was 22, and he qualified 13th. Bubba's average running position was 31 Saturday night. I like both drivers, but some people way overstate what Bubba is doing this year. So, yes, you can use numbers to justify a lot of things.
Bubba is a rookie
:confused:

Christopher Bell, Ty Dillon, Chris Buescher, Daniel Hemrick, John Hunter Nemechek, Cole Custer, Elliot Sadler Tyler Reddick,Justin Allgaier, Daniel Hemric

- Sadler... Lol please.
- Buescher is technically in a better/equal car.
- Bell is a JGR driver, so no.
- You put Hemric twice, he is an RCR driver, but Richard would bring him to the primary team.
- JHN is a CGR development driver
- Reddick is too wild for Cup, he needs to screwing up cars.
- Allgaier would be taking a step back.
- Custer is an SHR driver

You're going to have to do better than that. He's been good for RPM and has put the car in places it should not have been already. Once again, no one is calling him the next thing to Christ. He's been solid with newly restructured team.o_O

Christopher Bell, Ty Dillon, Chris Buescher, Daniel Hemrick, John Hunter Nemechek, Cole Custer, Elliot Sadler Tyler Reddick,Justin Allgaier, Daniel Hemric
Ty Dillon? Wallace is better head to head in Cup right now. Buscher is in better equipment and Wallace is beating him head to head right now. Hemric? What has he done to show he would be better then Wallace? Wallace has better stats overall in Xfinity and Trucks. Reddick, good driver but nothing that shows he deserves the ride over Wallace. Sadler? Yesterdays news.

Wallace is doing a fine job, probably exceptional given his equipment but it’s irritating that the majority of the attention is due to his race. Has that “we are so progressive” feel to it every time he’s interviewed and showed around like a show pony. But he is eating it up and the sponsors are getting lots of bang so can’t blame him. Networks and NASCAR almost exploiting him dare I say....

He is good for Nascar's image, no doubt about that. But he is a kewl dude and he can drive.. win - win.

He is good for Nascar's image, no doubt about that. But he is a kewl dude and he can drive.. win - win.
Yeah he tries too hard to be kewl. Blaney pulls it off because it seems like he’s just being him and unassuming. Bub seems to be trying because he can’t get away from the media and it seems to me like an act. Danica felt same way.

what is your rub with Bubba? There hasn't been a saturation of coverage about him during any of the races I've watched. He's won in the truck series, attracted sponsors at the Cup level. The guy is making the absolute best of his opportunity. No one on this forum has heralded him as the next Earnhardt or Petty. What's wrong for being proud for a kid that's living his dream? I'm equally as proud for Blaney. His dad had a journeyman career, his son rode his coat tails and is putting together an impressive career. Bubba has potential, He's not in a Cup ride by accident. I do not know him or anyone else in the garage, but he seems like a pretty good young man to me. He's doing very well for where he's at. So, I'm perplexed, what's not to like?

what is your rub with Bubba? There hasn't been a saturation of coverage about him during any of the races I've watched. He's won in the truck series, attracted sponsors at the Cup level. The guy is making the absolute best of his opportunity. No one on this forum has heralded him as the next Earnhardt or Petty. What's wrong for being proud for a kid that's living his dream? I'm equally as proud for Blaney. His dad had a journeyman career, his son rode his coat tails and is putting together an impressive career. Bubba has potential, He's not in a Cup ride by accident. I do not know him or anyone else in the garage, but he seems like a pretty good young man to me. He's doing very well for where he's at. So, I'm perplexed, what's not to like?
He's been asked this question before in this thread and ignores it so one can only speculate why he dislikes Bubba but his silence on the subject is deafening.

Back
Top Bottom