BUBBA WALLACE FINISHED SECOND!

same guy :booya::dunce:

want to compare budgets rookie to rookie?

IMHO Byron and Wallace have been pretty good.

I think we all knew Byron would struggle a bit his first year, but he's been okay especially that HMS has been struggling. Hell Chevy in general as a whole.

struggle a bit? Petty has a one car team working in the back of Richard Childress's garage. Wallace drives a Chevy.

Yeah and I'm saying Chevy in general have sucked. Will only has one top 10, but watch the races and the fact is that he's racing and makes improvements in a race. He might start out languishing a bit, but he'll move into the top 10-15 area. Yes, he's in a better car, but I think Byron is making the right steps forward to improve. Bubba is definitely driving his ass off though.

He's been as advertised, a heck a of a wheelman. I'm the glass halfway full type though.

e yeah when I saw the list of replacement drivers for Bubba he came up with, it was evident he didn't know twinkle about Nascar racing except what he learned on a plug n play driver change screen video game. Here for a different intent IMO.
For example, Ty Dillon. I genuinely laughed out loud when I saw that he had included Ty in his list of replacement drivers for Bubba.

Yeah he tries too hard to be kewl. Blaney pulls it off because it seems like he’s just being him and unassuming. Bub seems to be trying because he can’t get away from the media and it seems to me like an act. Danica felt same way.
I kinda get that to from him

I think sometimes he does tries a lil to much , but I know y’all do have to other stand what kind of situation he is in lol.. so I can understand .. but I know Pocono going to be crazy this weeken !

I think sometimes he does tries a lil to much , but I know y’all do have to other stand what kind of situation he is in lol.. so I can understand .. but I know Pocono going to be crazy this weeken !
He didn't have a ride, in his place I would be giving it all I have and then some.
I love it that he doing something against all odds.

He is in a similar situation that Danica is in (without every advantage), but he ain't blowing it. He has skills.

Richard Petty Motorsports‏Verified account @RPMotorsports 2h2 hours ago
NEWS: We have exercised the option to extend our multi-year agreement with @BubbaWallace. We will build our future with BW. "Our highs and lows have been well documented. It has been a wild ride and I have to thank the Petty family & Andy Murstein for this opportunity," BW

DjKKs0cWwAAkOcA.jpg

DjKKnwOWsAAxwab.jpg

DjKK1qZX4AAKq6S.jpg

DjKK6xOW0AAyqnL.jpg

27 replies93 retweets475 likes

the force when that front clip with the engine hit the wall and all that bracing and frame rail bent even though there was a wall there. Man I bet Bubba is sore.

I've cooled down on the Bubba Wallace hype. He did well to start the year, but to this date, his only bright spot is finishing second in a wreck filled season opener. I'm glad he survived that scary wreck at Pocono though.

I've cooled down on the Bubba Wallace hype. He did well to start the year, but to this date, his only bright spot is finishing second in a wreck filled season opener. I'm glad he survived that scary wreck at Pocono though.
I can't cool down on him. He is the same great guy as he always has been. Being a cup driver sure didn't go to his head. Some day he may get a chance at a better car but in the meantime he is a welcomed addition to Nascar drivers personalities. I am really enjoying both Bubba and Ryan in their rides.

I'm really glad to see he's getting more time in the car. It's just unfortunate that Murstein's team or the RCR support isn't doing him any favors as a rookie.

Who's had worse luck this year, Bubba or Newman?

I can't cool down on him. He is the same great guy as he always has been. Being a cup driver sure didn't go to his head. Some day he may get a chance at a better car but in the meantime he is a welcomed addition to Nascar drivers personalities. I am really enjoying both Bubba and Ryan in their rides.
Unfortunately I believe his legacy will be being the last guy to drive Petty 43. I'll be shocked if they run next season.

Unfortunately I believe his legacy will be being the last guy to drive Petty 43. I'll be shocked if they run next season.

I doubt that. Somebody else will milk the Petty name if it isn't Murstein/Medallion Bank.

This guy still better than Almirola? Waiting for him to prove it.

First season and the team has transformed completely.

It will be a better measure come next season, I think he's done the best he can with what he has tbh. Once the first quarter of the season psssed, RPM fell behind and it was to be expected due to them not having a lot of funding.

Better than Aric? Nah, not right now and I'm a big fan. Bubba is a very good driver, but next season will really show how good he truly is with some experience.

Oh Bubba I want nothing but success for ya, but you need to get to Skip Barber's (or anywhere) this off season. Then it's up to the crew.

I wonder where are now all the people who used to say that he is a great driver or the next big thing...

Back
Top Bottom