BUBBA WALLACE FINISHED SECOND!

Bubba is a hero? Has he ran into a burning building and saved someones life? LMAO! Poor guy gets paid lots of money to drive a racecar for crying out loud. He's got a terrible life
Depression doesnt give a **** how much money you have or what you do for a living. Him speaking out about can help inspire others to do the same and get help instead of hiding it.

Depression doesnt give a sh!t how much money you have or what you do for a living. Him speaking out about can help inspire others to do the same and get help instead of hiding it.

I agree 100%. However, here is where I am concerned.....Bubba's mental health is being played out on a stage that forgives nobody, and arguably might be one of the most difficult sports forums to achieve success. I honestly worry about the guy, but the "cure" doesn't lie in sponsorship or wins....it lies in the hard work I hope that he is doing when there are no cameras. I will say, however, that the Blaney pic shows me a ton about Blaney, and I am not a fan who necessarily values the stories and relationships away from the track. Bottom line....the happiness Bubba finds in the public eye will be short lived. I hope and pray for long term happiness that comes in private IMO.

Depression doesnt give a sh!t how much money you have or what you do for a living. Him speaking out about can help inspire others to do the same and get help instead of hiding it.
Does he have depression because he is in a crappy car and not winning races?

Bubba is a hero? Has he ran into a burning building and saved someones life? LMAO! Poor guy gets paid lots of money to drive a racecar for crying out loud. He's got a terrible life

I'm perplexed by your take on Bubba. What's his salary by the way? I haven't heard or read that. I'm proud of any of the young guys that are making a positive impact on the sport. Also, the media doesn't fawn over him aka Danica. He gets no special treatment because he's a minority. He needed a genuine boost at this point in his young career, he went out and earned it. I hope he and RPM can build on it. A lot of great drivers have gone through tough times, those times made them tougher. Hope it works they way for Bubba.

I dont know, but you keep on making fun of him. Says a lot about you bud.
No I am not making fun of him and I don't hate him its just to me he likes attention. I actually liked him in the truck series. Thats what he needs to do is race trucks. I dont see anything wrong with him racing trucks full time and I am sure he could win a championship.

Hey how are you doing? I have actually missed you.
I’m just fine, thank you.

Auto racing is a microcosm of life. Not everybody is happy every day. Your take on Wallace seems rather uninformed regarding common mental health issues.

I’m just fine, thank you.

Auto racing is a microcosm of life. Not everybody is happy every day. Your take on Wallace seems rather uninformed regarding common mental health issues.
If he has a mental health issue why in the hell is he driving a race car? That sounds very dangerous.

No I am not making fun of him and I don't hate him its just to me he likes attention.
It’s 2019. Drawing attention to himself on social media and in person is a primary element of his job.

I disregarded the rest of your post.

Auto racing is a microcosm of life.

This is it right here, and why I love this sport. How many lessons can be learned on the track? The number 1 lesson, and why I love this sport.....Don't **** away even a tenth of a second. I will go further to my point about not being a big fan of stories away from the track. The media creates certain images of drivers. Very few of those images reflect this microcosm. Most are about huge houses, big vacations, etc. When we elevate these members of the microcosm to such levels, the common dude doing the day to day aspires to this utopia. It doesn't exist. This is why I prefer to soak my passion into engines, set ups, transmissions, aero, tires, etc.....None of those things live in a microcosm. Those things kind of live outside of the microcosm, and become part of an escape. This is why I am TRD first, and whoever drives MY cars second.

Last edited:
“I held it wide open on the last restart and those guys (top four) drove away from me,” said Wallace. “I just said ‘Bye, bye’ and held on for fifth.”

It’s been well documented the struggles Wallace has been going through on and off the track and he hadn’t finished any higher than 17th, which came at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway.

“The first thing my mom said to me after the Open was ‘You know who that was? That was God. He’s not giving up on you yet’,” said Wallace. “I’ve realized that.

“As many dark moments that I’ve had and telling myself to give up, it’s been really tough. It’s been tough to keep coming in and keep going. Tonight just shows that I’ll be back next week.”

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/bubba-wallace-fun-in-a-long-time/4391758/

If he has a mental health issue why in the hell is he driving a race car? That sounds very dangerous.

You should read up on Lee Roy Yarbrough. Had his mental issues been addressed and dealt with earlier he may have not died at a very young 46 years of age. His struggles didn't keep him from driving and winning. I don't recall any on track behavior that was a threat to anyone else. Whatever Bubba suffers from could just as easily affect you or me. Seeking to understand their problem is more helpful than casting them aside. He has talent, or he wouldn't be there.

I dont know, but you keep on making fun of him. Says a lot about you bud.

Lack of understanding, or an attempt to understand issues like Bubba has can lead to a flippant attitude. What is a minor setback for the majority of folks seems like the end of the world to others. That doesn't make them weak, it makes them very human. I'm glad he's secure enough to talk about it. May help someone else.

Lack of understanding, or an attempt to understand issues like Bubba has can lead to a flippant attitude. What is a minor setback for the majority of folks seems like the end of the world to others. That doesn't make them weak, it makes them very human. I'm glad he's secure enough to talk about it. May help someone else.

Back in 2015, I contemplated taking my life due to depression and I felt the same way as Bubba did at one point. I thought I was "Useless, had no point of life, and the world would be better off without me." type of deal. Its no laughing matter, I have battled many internal demons and so I get what he's going through. I have episodes at times as well every now and then. Lost weight, appetite, and just felt as if the world was caving in on me.

I still remember why I didn't and its the primary reason why I signed up for the Air Force. It gave my purpose, direction, and clarity in my mind. I also seemed consulting on-base with a Chaplain. It practically saved my life, mental health is a serious deal. Its no laughing matter, go seek help if needed. Also, I'm rekindling my spiritual connection as well.

Just food for thought. Its a never ending battle IMO, but I have found a but of balance for myself. I hope Bubba does as well.

Back in 2015, I contemplated taking my life due to depression and I felt the same way as Bubba did at one point. I thought I was "Useless, had no point of life, and the world would be better off without me." type of deal. Its no laughing matter, I have battled many internal demons and so I get what he's going through. I have episodes at times as well every now and then. Lost weight, appetite, and just felt as if the world was caving in on me.

I still remember why I didn't and its the primary reason why I signed up for the Air Force. It gave my purpose, direction, and clarity in my mind. I also seemed consulting on-base with a Chaplain. It practically saved my life, mental health is a serious deal. Its no laughing matter, go seek help if needed. Also, I'm rekindling my spiritual connection as well.

Just food for thought. Its a never ending battle IMO, but I have found a but of balance for myself. I hope Bubba does as well.
Good for you and we are glad to have you around!

I am sorry, I hope you are doing better. Glad you are still here with us.

Glad you are here brother. Battle every day. My brother is the furthest thing from spiritual and/or philosophical, but he gave me the greatest advice one day.....Life is brutal, but then you have some good days. I think we are led to believe that life is good, and sometimes you have bad days. When I looked at it the way he was suggesting, the reality that every day is a challenge worth tackling is motivation. Great post into an uncertain environment. Great courage man.

I am sorry for anyone that suffers from depression.
True story: I remember an old evangelist that made the mistake of revealing he suffered from depression during a sermon. As a result most of the preachers in his inner circle stopped booking him for meetings at their chuches. I guess they couldn't abide the humanity.

The depressed evangelist then took his own life.

One word, COURAGE!

True story: I remember an old evangelist that made the mistake of revealing he suffered from depression during a sermon. As a result most of the preachers in his inner circle stopped booking him for meetings at their chuches. I guess they couldn't abide the humanity.

So sad. Compassion and understanding do much more than looking down a proud nose at another's problems.

Glad to have you here dude! Thanks for sharing your own experiences.

Much respect, man. Really glad you're here to talk racing with us.

I love that Bubba is sharing that side of him. It helps people realize everyone has issues they're dealing with no matter how great things may seem, and it makes them feel less alone.

That's a really depressing story

As much as I like Bubba, it may be time to get a veteran driver in that seat to help them figure out some of their problems. And they need somebody that can bring in a sponsor.
A few decent drivers did what you suggested. You can't say Bobby L. was not a competitive driver
and yet he couldn't do much just as Andretti couldn't. It was said at the time that Richard was still trying to race like he and his father did with one good mechanic/CC. Richard was just to cheap to field a decent car.
Today the decisions are not Richards to make and it seems the owner of RPM is even cheaper than Richard was.

Fishing-for-the-Money-Hispanic-Market.jpg

With how much Bubba promotes Domino's, they could sponsor him for a race or 2....
Yeah, I mean, come on, he's practically sticking his neck out and plugging them for no money.

Back
Top Bottom