Can We Please Get Talladega off the schedule?

Lots of NFL stadiums today and only one Talladega. So there’s that.

Talladega holds like 78,000.

And based off a quick Wikipedia search (yes, there are more reputable sites): AT&T Stadium (80,000), FedExField (82,000), Lambeau Field (81,435), MetLife Stadium (82,500) hold more than Talladega does.

Talladega holds like 78,000.

And based off a quick Wikipedia search (yes, there are more reputable sites): AT&T Stadium (80,000), FedExField (82,000), Lambeau Field (81,435), MetLife Stadium (82,500) hold more than Talladega does.
Talladega has about 20,000 in the infeild

Todays race was dominated by SHR, but even with that, they all, including this one came down to the last lap. Same as it ever was but even after 31 years you guys bitch every year, good lord get over it already
A last lap where nobody could pass each other.

Although I actually did fall sleep at one point I enjoyed Almirola winning the race.

So the outcome was great but the execution was somewhat boring at times.

You either love plate racing or hate it seems.

Didnt Almirola pass Busch?

Only because Busch ran out of fuel, not because he did a better job or had a better car. If SMEBODY can tell me WHY they liked yesterday's race other than they liked who won, PLEASE try to explain it to me.

After he ran out of gas. This was Kurt's win and the only thing that could beat him was Nascar officials which they did.
Still a pass and he got beat by the 10 because the 10 was better at saving fuel.
Only because Busch ran out of fuel, not because he did a better job or had a better car. If SMEBODY can tell me WHY they liked yesterday's race other than they liked who won, PLEASE try to explain it to me.
Its a pass regardless and he absolutely did a better job saving fuel.
I liked it because the SHR bunch whipped thier asses because they went to work and found something the others didnt, you know, Racing. Thats what you're supposed to do.

Still a pass and he got beat by the 10 because the 10 was better at saving fuel.
Did he save fuel because of his abilities or because he stayed back in formation.
Ever watch geese migrate? I think the #10 has :D

I saw him run with the lead pack all day so he did something right ;)
He sure did and got the win for his patience. I think it was patience, maybe he was only better than the 14. #4 and 41 were not a factor the last lap.

He sure did and got the win for his patience. I think it was patience, maybe he was only better than the 14. #4 and 41 were not a factor the last lap.
Well we all know the 4, 41 and the 14 let Aric win so he could transfer in right? :eek::cool::rolleyes::D

More people at the race today then any NFL stadium can hold, so theres that

IDK what the attendance is for Dallas Cowboys home games but I believe it is over 90K. IDK how many were at Talladega yesterday but if there were 90K people it was a really good day for the track.

Its a pass regardless and he absolutely did a better job saving fuel.

I liked it because the SHR bunch whipped thier asses because they went to work and found something the others didnt, you know, Racing. Thats what you're supposed to do.

I'm not denying that Almirola did a great job or that the Fords in general and the SHR cars in particular whipped everyone's asses, and I don't even have a problem with that, just that was dull to watch. It seemed like a Formula One race. You had what you had and NOTHING was going to change your fate. All you could do was wait for somebody to have trouble or make a mistake. I feel like it was possible for a SHR car to run in the top four the entire 500 miles and never pass a single car on the track.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Of course and that includes me. But I think the attendance yesterday compared with a lot of tracks on the circuit was near capacity and the infeild was packed as usual.

Talladega is great but the race is so long everyone just bides their time. Since it's a playoff race all the competitive cars are just trying not to crash. The lack of lap by lap passing is just circumstance. The finish was still pretty entertaining.

Anyone else see the irony in this race? Two years ago the JGR team ran single file in the back so they wouldn't wreck. After that we got stage racing. This year we get the same thing but the SHR cars did it out front. Now what is NASCAR going to do?

Back
Top Bottom