Carl Edwards retires

The guy that should have been worried was Kenseth because of Dollar General leaving, but DeWalt and now Tide have picked up some races.

I still don't think all of Kenseth's races are picked up. What makes it so bad that JGR by far has the most talented lineup, but money plays a role and someone would be gone if their sponsors decided to say goodbye. Hell, I bet you can win a championship have no sponsors and be out of a ride.

****s expensive.

Probably not as passionate as yours (not meant as criticism). More like an old habit that will never completely leave.

No man, taken the right way. Thanks for sharing that. I get where you are coming from.

Yeah I most certainly didn't read all of it. But I don't think I was necessarily agreeing with you.
I don't think Carl was a place holder. I think that if Carl wanted to stay with JGR during Suarez' eventual movement to cup, he would. Arris would likely leave Carl, but Carl had other sponsors. If Suarez was going to be in a cup car in 2018, I think Carl's job would have been safe.

My comment is now in oblivion.

I don't see it happening for daniel, people forget he was in an NXS car that the hauler driver could put in the top 5. I just haven't seen the goods from daniel. I think his talent level is at or below that of ty dillon. just my opinion tell me I am wrong if it happens.

I don't see it happening for daniel, people forget he was in an NXS car that the hauler driver could put in the top 5. I just haven't seen the goods from daniel. I think his talent level is at or below that of ty dillon. just my opinion tell me I am wrong if it happens.

What does that make Eric Jones, then?

Both had winning cars out of the hauler.

I am not going to argue here. I think that Daniel is coming a year too early. I think he has the potential to be a solid Cup driver, but timing is everything. It will be interesting to see how it all works out. I do believe that he is better than Ty Dillon, however. Head to head v. Erik should be very interesting.

My comment is now in oblivion.

Haha you got a chuckle out of me there.

As I said, I didn't read through all of it, so I wasn't sure if I was agreeing with you or disagreeing with you.

Sorry for any misscommunication, just my take on the Daniel-Carl deal.

I am not going to argue here. I think that Daniel is coming a year too early. I think he has the potential to be a solid Cup driver, but timing is everything. It will be interesting to see how it all works out. I do believe that he is better than Ty Dillon, however. Head to head v. Erik should be very interesting.

His title was nice, but I think I'm on board with what you are saying. Daniel may not have been prepared to be in the big leagues yet, much less in legitimate title contending equipment.

That said, I think Erik Jones has more raw talent but Suarez just drives like someone with experience. For a 24 year old, he's pretty mature.

The only problem is they don't bring sponsorship. Which Daniel did btw
And so did Erik Jones, who was supported by Toyota due to his talent. Analogous to the support Suarez earned from Carlos Slim. Isn't that what we like to see... sponsorship earned the old fashioned way?

Haha you got a chuckle out of me there.

As I said, I didn't read through all of it, so I wasn't sure if I was agreeing with you or disagreeing with you.

Sorry for any misscommunication, just my take on the Daniel-Carl deal.

All good man. All good. Appreciate your posts.

Maybe they should've signed the hauler driver instead :idunno:
Over the years here I've read that hauler drivers possess an astonishing range of talents that would send MacGyver home crying with jealousy. Amazing they waste their time driving haulers when they could apparently be out bringing peace to the Middle East or ending world hunger.

Over the years here I've read that hauler drivers possess an astonishing range of talents that would send MacGyver home crying with jealousy. Amazing they waste their time driving haulers when they could apparently be out bringing peace to the Middle East or ending world hunger.

Taxi drivers in some foreign countries are some great wheel men too.

Sandra Bullocks driving in the Speed Movie shows she could do it too. Those buses probably weighed at least fives times as much as a Xfinity Car, or a Monster Energy Nascar Cup Car. She definitely knows a thing or too about Clock and Tire management, all of the essentials needed to master a BriansWorld® production.

The only way the 19 and 77 makes chase is, get lucky like the 34 did.

JGR will also need to hire more frame and body employees with the two new rookies drivers.

JGR will also need to hire more frame and body employees with the two new rookies drivers.

I don't agree Taco Time. I think that the 77 gets in on a win or points. The 19 intrigues me. It will be very interesting.

I don't agree Taco Time. I think that the 77 gets in on a win or points. The 19 intrigues me. It will be very interesting.

The kid is a ticking time bomb, he blew up on the radio at Homestead under pressure. The pressure now will be multiple times higher in cup, and he will not have the dominate car like he did last year.

The kid is a ticking time bomb, he blew up on the radio at Homestead under pressure. The pressure now will be multiple times higher in cup, and he will not have the dominate car like he did last year.

No, he's really not. He will be fine.

No, he's really not. He will be fine.

He'll mature.

He has plenty of veterans to learn from.

This is the reason why I like Suarez so much, he's going to ask plenty of questions and he's fantastic with feedback. Suarez is patient and learns quick because he's such a hard worker.

He'll mature.

He has plenty of veterans to learn from.

This is the reason why I like Suarez so much, he's going to ask plenty of questions and he's fantastic with feedback. Suarez is patient and learns quick because he's such a hard worker.

JGR/FRR will take Erik to the places he needs to be. He went through a ton last season. Most of us would have been brought to our knees at that age. This guy is way beyond his years. So many jump to conclusions over radio talk.

It will be fun to watch Daniel grow.

And so did Erik Jones, who was supported by Toyota due to his talent.

I might add that Erik has so much talent that he was able to leverage a contract that ensured his progression from Trucks to Xfinity to Cup with what appears to be a pretty specific timeline. He has something most of us cannot see, and Toyota knows it.

I think you're only remembering the part that you want to.

Well, anything prior to the finish is pretty irrelevant if you are in the hunt at the finish IMO.

Well, anything prior to the finish is pretty irrelevant if you are in the hunt at the finish IMO.

Yea, especially if you don't have the extra set of tires you used up, because you tore the car up, and it was handling bad because of your overly aggressive negligence on a restart.

Do you remember that?

Yea, especially if you don't have the extra set of tires you used up, because you tore the car up, and it was handling bad because of your overly aggressive negligence on a restart.

Do you remember that?

Yup, and in spite of that was in the hunt. Pretty impressive.

I think Suarez needs a little more seat time. Erik Jones is the real deal.

I think Suarez needs a little more seat time. Erik Jones is the real deal.

They both do, but I don't think either one will come close to duplicating what the 24 did on finishes. Erik destroys too much equipment, just look at the DNFs last year, IMO it will be much higher this year.

Just discussed on NASCAR Radio.....Arris will be off the 19 Xfinity, and exclusively on the 19 Cup car per Reid Spencer. I won't use the "placeholder" terminology, but if Arris wasn't just waiting for this to happen, I don't know what evidence is needed.

Just discussed on NASCAR Radio.....Arris will be off the 19 Xfinity, and exclusively on the 19 Cup car per Reid Spencer. I won't use the "placeholder" terminology, but if Arris wasn't just waiting for this to happen, I don't know what evidence is needed.
Why?

They both do, but I don't think either one will come close to duplicating what the 24 did on finishes. Erik destroys too much equipment, just look at the DNFs last year, IMO it will be much higher this year.

I don't agree. Stay tuned for my Bold Prediction.

Because Arris was always for Daniel. I believe the presence in Cup was to simply help establish a set which Daniel would eventually take.

Because Arris was always for Daniel. I believe the presence in Cup was to simply help establish a set which Daniel would eventually take.
So what happened the the other sponsors, Subway, Comcast and the others?

Back
Top Bottom