Carl Edwards retires

Suarez is still going to win ROY.

I have more faith in the consistency of Suarez than I do Jones, at least IMHO. Suarez is more prepared than I think we are giving him credit for.

And so did Erik Jones, who was supported by Toyota due to his talent. Analogous to the support Suarez earned from Carlos Slim. Isn't that what we like to see... sponsorship earned the old fashioned way?
Worst post of the day, your saying Toyota identifying a driver they want and footing the bill is the same as a driver being supported by someone not in the racing business all because of their ethnicity? That ain't the old fashion way. Look it doesn't bother me if these guy do well. But running a nxs car that is so much better than the others isn't an accurate gauge of talent.

Worst post of the day, your saying Toyota identifying a driver they want and footing the bill is the same as a driver being supported by someone not in the racing business all because of their ethnicity? That ain't the old fashion way. Look it doesn't bother me if these guy do well. But running a nxs car that is so much better than the others isn't an accurate gauge of talent.
Who is "someone not in the racing business?"

So what happened the the other sponsors, Subway, Comcast and the others?

Coach kind of suggested that they are staying, but that's hard for me to understand with Subway--they are Carl's alone I think....unless Subway wants in on the diversity end of things. Pretty sure that Stanley and Comcast are JGR.

Coach kind of suggested that they are staying, but that's hard for me to understand with Subway--they are Carl's alone I think....unless Subway wants in on the diversity end of things. Pretty sure that Stanley and Comcast are JGR.

Just think of the opportunities, Subway could give way a free sandwich on Monday, if Daniel finishes in the top 30.

Did you know Comcast is the largest Arris customer.

Regular Arris contributors Comcast ($203 million/16.6%) and Time Warner Cable $159 million/13%) topped that list, but new to the 10%-or-greater club in the first quarter were Charter ($137 million/11.2%) and AT&T ($134 million/11%). Verizon Communications,

Worst post of the day: your saying Toyota identifying a driver they want and footing the bill is the same as a driver being supported by someone not in the racing business all because of their ethnicity? That ain't the old fashion way. Look it doesn't bother me if these guy do well. But running a nxs car that is so much better than the others isn't an accurate gauge of talent.

At least you introduced your gibberish correctly.

Erik Jones won 4 races and 10 poles last year and the trucks title as a rookie and we're already giving up on him :rolleyes:

I am not going to argue here. I think that Daniel is coming a year too early. I think he has the potential to be a solid Cup driver, but timing is everything. It will be interesting to see how it all works out. I do believe that he is better than Ty Dillon, however. Head to head v. Erik should be very interesting.
It seems to me JGR is getting forced into making the same mistake a second time. First Joey now Daniel. I sure hope Joe is smart enough this time round to keep him away from Denny. Maybe just put Denny on notice.

Add to my post above. I am a bit surprised that Gibbs didn't give Biffle a one year deal to run part time with Daniel.

Does this mean Suarez isn't running in the Kyle Busch series next year?

Does this mean Suarez isn't running in the Kyle Busch series next year?
Suarez to run partial XFINITY schedule: Daniel Suarez was scheduled to run another full season in the XFINITY Series. Joe Gibbs said plans are unsettled for the #19 XFINITY car, but that Suarez probably will run about 10 races and that the team's other Monster Energy NASCAR Cup drivers - Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth and Denny Hamlin - might drive in a few events.(NASCAR Wire Service)(1-11-2017)

http://www.jayski.com/page/xfinity

Suarez to run partial XFINITY schedule: Daniel Suarez was scheduled to run another full season in the XFINITY Series. Joe Gibbs said plans are unsettled for the #19 XFINITY car, but that Suarez probably will run about 10 races and that the team's other Monster Energy NASCAR Cup drivers - Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth and Denny Hamlin - might drive in a few events.(NASCAR Wire Service)(1-11-2017)

http://www.jayski.com/page/xfinity

They should put Biffle in the car for a year

Or maybe take a chance on Jeffrey Earnhardt.

They should put Biffle in the car for a year

Or maybe take a chance on Jeffrey Earnhardt.
During the last two or three days the 19 team has been over run with resumes from older NFL placekickers thinking a one and done deal is on the table for 2017.
Enough for the team to create an "it's a placekeeper, NOT a placekicker opening" form letter.

I suspect this proposed wall is incredibly low on the minds of Suarez, his business manager, and JGR.

I heard a reporter refer to it a a fence and Donald quickly and sternly told him it will be a wall. I expect that Suarez has the same work situation as actors an athletes that are allowed to live and work in the US that are from different countries.

I heard a reporter refer to it a a fence and Donald quickly and sternly told him it will be a wall. I expect that Suarez has the same work situation as actors an athletes that are allowed to live and work in the US that are from different countries.
Yep. It's called a work visa.

Yep. It's called a work visa.
Does an unpapered Mexican wall builder have to stay on the south side of the wall at all times. Even if he needs to check a measurement etc on the American side.

Does an unpapered Mexican wall builder have to stay on the south side of the wall at all times. Even if he needs to check a measurement etc on the American side.

Yes. Do not pass go do not collect $200

Add to my post above. I am a bit surprised that Gibbs didn't give Biffle a one year deal to run part time with Daniel.

I thought maybe even giving Biffle the entire season to give Daniel time.....

That's all he ever does..

HAPPY MEAL.jpg

They will make more. No worries.

Who is "someone not in the racing business?"
Highdesertcowboy has a long history of inaccurate posts that try to disparage Daniel Suarez, calling him the Mexican Paul Menard, etc, blah, blah, blah. I don't know why he does that???

It seems to me JGR is getting forced into making the same mistake a second time. First Joey now Daniel. I sure hope Joe is smart enough this time round to keep him away from Denny. Maybe just put Denny on notice.

Logano ran 3 Cup races, 19 Xfinity races, and 1 Truck race before going to Cup. That's 23 races before going full time in Cup.

Suarez has ran 68 Xfinity races, 27 Truck races. That's 95 races.

Though admittedly, Joey has and is loads more talented than Suarez IMO. I think Suarez will do fine, but he seems like the type of driver to win 1 or 2 races a year and ride consistency than winning. Erik Jones is more of the checkers or wreckers mentality.

All I know is, people ran their yaps all season last year about how Chase had better equipment than Blaney so of course he out performed him. I can't wait to see what the narrative is this year if Suarez and/or Jones can't equal Chase's rookie season in what everyone would consider to be superior equipment. You know, especially since we've had to hear Jones > Elliott for 2 years now :rolleyes:

He is truly the next Ryan Leaf!
With my lifestyle, I could have retired happily on Ryan's signing bonus alone, much less all three years' salary.

... I think Suarez will do fine, but he seems like the type of driver to win 1 or 2 races a year and ride consistency than winning. ...
"Time was when that would win you a championship," sez a fan of one driver who did it.

All I know is, people ran their yaps all season last year about how Chase had better equipment than Blaney so of course he out performed him. I can't wait to see what the narrative is this year if Suarez and/or Jones can't equal Chase's rookie season in what everyone would consider to be superior equipment. You know, especially since we've had to hear Jones > Elliott for 2 years now :rolleyes:
I don't know that I consider JGR equipment superior to HMS, but that may just be me.

I think that the Suarez v. Jones battle relative to Chase's '16 performance will be a fabulous storyline for '17. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom