Cha2e Elliott

Yep, conveniently left out a hundred other details. It was sooo shady of Mr. H to sign a talented young racer that wasn't even under contract. :sarcasm: But hey, why let the truth get in the way of some Gordon hater's BS narrative......
I can’t figure out why Jeff left Bill Davis in 1991 is still relevant in 2017.

It lends itself to the character of Hendrick and the behind the scenes manipulations.

Bill Davis took both Jeff's and his step father's word, along with a hand shake (because Jeff's step dad said that was all that would be necessary) to confirm that Bill would take both Ray and Jeff to the Cup level. Hendrick publically scoffed at the naiveté of Davis after Hendrick stole Jeff and Ray.

He did?

Why?

Will have to find the article in "The Winston Cup Scene" believe it was either the 1994 February or March edition. This was such a big deal at the time, a press conference was called a year after it happened because quite a few team owners stuck up for Bill Davis and at the time, Rick Hendrick was not loved by most of them. Junior Johnson appeared to hate his guts especially...at that time. So did Dunleavy.

Okay, I'll be the one to ask. Why Cha2e Elliott? Is your "s" key broken, is it a secret code, or just a typo that you missed? Inquiring minds want to know.

It lends itself to the character of Hendrick and the behind the scenes manipulations.kii

Bill Davis took both Jeff's and his step father's word, along with a hand shake (because Jeff's step dad said that was all that would be necessary) to confirm that Bill would take both Ray and Jeff to the Cup level. Hendrick publically scoffed at the naiveté of Davis after Hendrick stole Jeff and Ray.[/QUOTE I'm not calling you a liar, but I have never seen Rick Hendrick scoff at ANYONE in public. Rick is probably the most diplomatic guy in the sport, or a least on par with Joe Gibbs and Roger Penske. I've watched pretty much ever move this guy has made since the fall of 1983, and I've never even heard him raise his voice.

Okay, I'll be the one to ask. Why Cha2e Elliott? Is your "s" key broken, is it a secret code, or just a typo that you missed? Inquiring minds want to know.
I'm gonna go with the '2' being a backwards 'S' but what the hell do I know?

It lends itself to the character of Hendrick and the behind the scenes manipulations.

Bill Davis took both Jeff's and his step father's word, along with a hand shake (because Jeff's step dad said that was all that would be necessary) to confirm that Bill would take both Ray and Jeff to the Cup level. Hendrick publically scoffed at the naiveté of Davis after Hendrick stole Jeff and Ray.
Sorry but at big league level racing if there wasnt a contract between Gordon and Davis, Gordon had every right to leave for a better opportunity. It's Bill's fault that he lost him for being naive and not acting like a big time car owner. I cant feel sorry for someone who didnt cover all their own bases.

ha ha I was so going to post that this morning but then I saw the thread turned into this and lost my train of thought!

Will have to find the article in "The Winston Cup Scene" believe it was either the 1994 February or March edition. This was such a big deal at the time, a press conference was called a year after it happened because quite a few team owners stuck up for Bill Davis and at the time, Rick Hendrick was not loved by most of them. Junior Johnson appeared to hate his guts especially...at that time. So did Dunleavy.

Do you mean WC Scene or some other publication? Scene was weekly, not a monthly. Again, not calling you a lier, but I was intently following all of this at the time, and I don't remember your version of events at all. Nearly all the anger I remember was directed at Gordon, not Hendrick. I also don't remember most of the car owners not liking Hendrick. By this time he had already helped two of them get off the ground and helped keep one afloat during a championship run. He was on good terms with Earnhardt, which was as good as a friend as you could have in the sport. The beef with Junior Johnson stems from an incident that Rick may or may not of even known about at the time, and either way, was Chevrolet's deal, not Hendrick's. As to a beef with Junie, I can't even imagine what that would be about. I have select issues, but not all of the Winston Cup Scenes from that era stored in my basement. I'm pretty sure I have every one that had Jeff on the cover through the early 2000's and select others going back to 1983, so when I get time, I'll do a little research. If you have any documentation, I'd be interested in hearing about it. 25 years can cloud the memory banks.

Neither does anyone else.

Try this:

upload_2017-10-4_16-46-8.png

The thread is about his 2nd place finishes.

"Cha2e" is a play on his name. Same with "Lar2on" and "The Clo2er".

Its not fun anymore when it has to be explained.

Well he and others understood that I was just messing with him and it takes all of the fun out of it when I have to explain it.

Okay now that you explained it this is pretty awesome and I’m incredibly dense. Tip of the cap to you, I laughed out loud.

I thought there might be some information of value in this blog, so I started reading. Then I got to : "Was responsible for keeping notable Yankee a**hole driver Geoff Bodine employed to the detriment of other racers". and the following line about hating rednecks. First, I thought Dale Jr. was the crown prince of the rednecks, AND Second Place Chase from Dawsonville might be the heir to the throne. Besides, there are rednecks EVERWHERE, and Vallejo and El Cajon California are as necky as many places in North Carolina. Either this blogger is making a half-assed attempt at being a comedian, or he's just a freaking idiot.

With all due respect your guy is pretty pouty too when things dont go his way. In fact so pouty he took out a championship contender in a lower level race and ended the guy's championship season.

Yeah, but it isn't that "feel sorry for me, I'm cute" pouty.

Yeah, but it isn't that "feel sorry for me, I'm cute" pouty.
I dont know Chase or pretend to, but I dont think its what you are saying. I think the dude is legit frustrated he hasnt won and was legit frustrated he gave that one away on Sunday, I would be surprised if it was a "hey look at me and my frustration" tactic.

Recent history, Hendrick gets rid of an under performing driver, pays his salary as agreed for the year he has left and helps him to continue to stay cup racing on another team (drawing two salaries) like said driver wants to do with a decent opportunity to do so. On the other hand, a driver is told he is family and "we just love having Matt on our team" and gets dropped like a hot potato without any warning. I wonder who I would rather drive for? It's no wonder to me why Byron bailed and Chase is driving for Hendrick.

I dont know Chase or pretend to, but I dont think its what you are saying. I think the dude is legit frustrated he hasnt won and was legit frustrated he gave that one away on Sunday, I would be surprised if it was a "hey look at me and my frustration" tactic.

I don't think it's Chase at all, but it's what the media is making him into....He didn't give anything away. It was taken from him.

Recent history, Hendrick gets rid of an under performing driver, pays his salary as agreed for the year he has left and helps him to continue to stay cup racing on another team (drawing two salaries) like said driver wants to do with a decent opportunity to do so. On the other hand, a driver is told he is family and "we just love having Matt on our team" and gets dropped like a hot potato without any warning. I wonder who I would rather drive for? It's no wonder to me why Byron bailed and Chase is driving for Hendrick.

One contract ran out and one didn't.

As for being dropped without warning, the comments made by Gibbs and Kenseth last April pretty much told me what was happening.

I don't think it's Chase at all, but it's what the media is making him into....He didn't give anything away. It was taken from him.

Wait a minute. For week everyone has been saying that it was Chase's fault he didn't change his line and win that race, and now it was just taken from him? Man I can't keep up with story around here. By the same token, Chase gets criticized for not winning yet, and then gets criticized for being a stand-up guy and putting all of the blame on his own shoulders. I guess it's a no win situation.....

Wait a minute. For week everyone has been saying that it was Chase's fault he didn't change his line and win that race, and now it was just taken from him? Man I can't keep up with story around here. By the same token, Chase gets criticized for not winning yet, and then gets criticized for being a stand-up guy and putting all of the blame on his own shoulders. I guess it's a no win situation.....
It's Revman, it was a Camry, and it was KYLE DAMN BUSCH POWERED BY TRD OH HELL YESSS!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom