Cha2e Elliott

All I am saying is.........

Money buys a whole lot of things.......(it bought those cars that were almost impossible to get)

this includes integrity......

Maybe it was all aboveboard..... I don't know......

I have always just had my doubts.....
Money also buys a Harvard education and a grounding in medical ethics.

Year 1 to year 2 (6 races to go) - Not bad by ol' flash in the pan Chase.

From Racing Reference...

upload_2017-10-11_10-51-8.png

Comparing to the guy that supposedly has "it", and to the new Jeff Gordon...

Again, in terms of gradual progression, I'll take CE.

upload_2017-10-11_10-54-47.png

upload_2017-10-11_10-55-33.png

I have begun to like the fact that he hasn't won a race and is in the thick of the "winning is everything" playoffs
He's making a very 2015 Gordon-like run right now. Except his average finish has been far better.

Imagine how good his numbers would look if the HMS cars hadn't generally under performed for the last two years.

Imagine how good his numbers would look if the HMS cars hadn't generally under performed for the last two years.

Maybe Kahne and The Golden Child under performed.

Johnson has 8 and a Cup. Don't spend my $20 ...

I slip quietly in and out of Florida every so often.

January, 2016 ... Ft. Myers and Cabbage Key. Have a Canadian friend there. His Century is bigger than mine.

I slip quietly in and out of Florida every so often.

January, 2016 ... Ft. Myers and Cabbage Key. Have a Canadian friend there. His Century is bigger than mine.
We'll put an end to that crap. I'll alert the authorities to be on the lookout for a frostbitten alien invader trying to sneak into paradise. :cool:.

Maybe Kahne and The Golden Child under performed.

Johnson has 8 and a Cup. Don't spend my $20 ...

In 2016, the 48 was good in a select few spots. Most of the year they sucked wind. They were gifted with the title by a questionable title and the leaders taking themselves out on a restart. This year, other than the races they won, they've been even worse. Since the playoffs started they have looked a little better, but they still look like they are sleep walking to me. Not enough performance and too many mistakes. I'm not saying they CAN'T win the title this year, but it is going to have to be handed to them on a silver platter.

I really wish Alex Bowman had won Phoenix last year just to add to this. I'm no Chase hater but the banter is entertaining on here. Chase is going to win a bunch of races. I know exactly how his fans feel right now.

If you look at just his finishes it's pretty hard to gage Chase's ability on the plate tracks, in fact, he probably looks like a hack to most. If you watch the entirety of the races though it's pretty clear he's becoming a force on these tracks. He qualifies well, leads laps, and shows aggression when needed. He doesn't cruise around and is consistently up front. IMO he has run about as good as you can in these races without winning. He seems to be learning pretty quickly when and how to use momentum when he gets it and it results in him making some pretty bold moves. The move on the back stretch to dive under Blaney and Suarez for the lead was about as world class as it gets. The move on Suarez to shoot the middle that resulted in the crash I felt was a bit too early, but with all of the other playoff guys out and only about 6 laps left, it was the right one and the risk was minimal for the reward. And it's one that a lot of people have been calling for from Chase in terms of wanting to see aggression/tenacity. The kid went for it. I wasn't even upset at the result - probably mostly because of the playoff situation at the time. He pulls that off and he probably goes on to win.

He's as aggressive as they come right now at the speedways. The results have been more bust than boom because of that, but I think that's going to change very soon.

Bobby Allison, was correct in his statement about Chase.

If you look at just his finishes it's pretty hard to gage Chase's ability on the plate tracks, in fact, he probably looks like a hack to most. If you watch the entirety of the races though it's pretty clear he's becoming a force on these tracks. He qualifies well, leads laps, and shows aggression when needed. He doesn't cruise around and is consistently up front. IMO he has run about as good as you can in these races without winning. He seems to be learning pretty quickly when and how to use momentum when he gets it and it results in him making some pretty bold moves. The move on the back stretch to dive under Blaney and Suarez for the lead was about as world class as it gets. The move on Suarez to shoot the middle that resulted in the crash I felt was a bit too early, but with all of the other playoff guys out and only about 6 laps left, it was the right one and the risk was minimal for the reward. And it's one that a lot of people have been calling for from Chase in terms of wanting to see aggression/tenacity. The kid went for it. I wasn't even upset at the result - probably mostly because of the playoff situation at the time. He pulls that off and he probably goes on to win.

He's as aggressive as they come right now at the speedways. The results have been more bust than boom because of that, but I think that's going to change very soon.
Barring disaster at Kansas, Chase moves into the top 8.

Thats two top 10 points finishes in his first 2 seasons and improvement in his sophomore season.

How thats conceived as a "bust" is beyond me.

Anyone that thinks Chase made a bonehead move clearly needs to watch the replay again. Dannys spotter warned him about leaving it open for the 24, nuff said.

maybe somebody from NBCSN interviewed Suarez? I didn't see an interview though. I didn't hear them announce they were switching from NBC to NBCSN for the post race either. Would have been an important announcement for those who were wondering why the cars were racing so close together.:rolleyes:

Chase was 3 laps from winning the 500 in Ferbuary when he ran out of fuel, he was running 2nd at the spring Dega race with 25 laps to go when Allmendinger took him out, and he was battling for the lead with 6 to go this weekend. There's a pretty obvious trend there.

Chase is going to win races but enough of the Larson comparisons. Chase inherited one of the best rides in the history of the sport and the other guy drives for chip Gannassi racing, with a whopping 6 wins in a decade when he took over. Meanwhile, Hendrick motorsports had 6 championships in that span...

Ford HAD their chance. Weren't interested. o_O

I know they Ffffed the pouch on that deal....never understood why either. Guess they like making bad decisions. I would of got him in camp ASAP. Personally i don't think they had the long term vision because at the time with guys like Carl, Matt, Greg were in their prime and really no room in the Ford camp they couldnt see past 2010....their loss Chase is a good driver and a good kid.

This notion that HMS is at the top of the food chain equipment wise still is simply not true. Are they one of the top teams? Yes.

Back
Top Bottom